main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Leia ever use the force?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DML3, Jan 12, 2016.

1. jedistarfire

jedistarfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2015
    I hope so I think it would be a waiste of her charactor to not use it .

2. jedistarfire

Aug 8, 2015
    Maybe because of what happen to Han she gets Luke to tach her . I read An article last year explaning why evan Carrie explaned why . But wouldnt this time be differant I mean Lukes going to need help. I also hope Finn will be a jedi though And Poe I know wrong thread probaly.

3. jedistarfire

Aug 8, 2015
    Thats why I don't understand why he didn't pick up on that . But I think he did though because he was finding reasons not to kill her .

4. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I think a show of impressive force from Leia throughout the trilogy is inevitable, I just think such an occurrence would be rare. A deciding factor in battle (whether it means a win or allowing an escape). I think her ability to feel out situations will be her thing. If Leia had a bad feeling about something, you get your guard UP and you listen to what she has to say and follow it to a T. I've seen Battle Meditation thrown around a bit and while I'd like to see that, I don't know if Leia has studied the force closely enough to actually allow that to be canon. She's no Jedi, but she knows the force......maybe she's learned some things from Maz.

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe as a last gasp savior in episode 9, she learns some and is the difference.

I can see why they made her character go in another direction, but there is still the fact that she is perhaps the person that has the second best (or the best, or just as good as Luke's) Jedi/force power potential in the universe- in a relatively even all-out fight with the dark side, having her could well be the difference.

6. MoonFyre

MoonFyre Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2016

This would be awesome. A scene like when Leia feels Luke reaching out to her in ESB... maybe this time a scene between her and Kylo.

Jakku Sun Aesthetic likes this.
  7. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Just saying...
    [​IMG]

So yes, Leia uses the Force. Simply, she does it in an understated manner. A luminous being is she, not a beacon of darkness.

8. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I thought that they already did this in VII - when she senses Han's death, it is not so much his loss (in my head canon), but rather, Ben's pain at what he has done.

Her use of the Force is far more subtle than someone waving a glow stick around and charging at things (looking at you, Kylo) - but still there, imho.

9. MoonFyre

MoonFyre Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2016

Yeah I can see your point, but what I mean is the moment for just the two of them. Like when Darth Vader is reaching out to Luke while he, Leia, Lando & co are on the Millennium Falcon, trying to escape from the Imperial Fleet.

10. Brobi-Wan

Brobi-Wan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2016
    In fairness, Luke also lost his adoptive parents, both of his mentors, his Jedi Order, and he went toe-to-toe with arguably the two most browerful Sith ever and was the only one to walk out of there. And he has never been tempted by the dark side, as far as we know. So, yeah..

11. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    Like what MattOrgana said, Leia has not used lighsabers or any symbols of the Jedi. However, she may be like Maz: "I am no Jedi, but I know the Force."

Also, who felt "Luke's in trouble" in the end of ESB?

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Brobi-Wan, you have seen the throne room scenes in RotJ, right? "If you will not be turned, perhaps she will." "NNNOOOOO!!!!!" Luke's berserker attack culminating in chopping Vader's hand off was the Dark side calling Luke collect, and he answered.

ksb36 and MattOrgana like this.
  13. Brobi-Wan

Feb 26, 2016
    Luke may have used the dark side to accomplish his task, but it's not like he was tempted and he didn't fall to it. Much like how Mace's style utilized the dark side, but it's not like he was tempted. He just used it for a broductive purpose.

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Leia may well be keeping secret any skills she may have learnt from Luke post ROTJ and for a number of reasons, the fact that she 'knows' Snoke and not just aware of him may well be a clue that she's ventured into as Obi-Wan says a bigger world.

laurethiel1138 and MattOrgana like this.
  15. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    The novelization of ROTJ shows Leia used her strength in the Force to kill Jabba, and the new YA novelization ROTJ: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!, suggests Leia used the dark side to kill him (though she obviously didn't know she was using the Force).

So every Skywalker has been tempted by the dark side, including Leia (and possibly Rey).

(Shmi was never tempted, but she wasn't Force-sensitive.)

Django Fett likes this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Brobi-Wan: That's not how the Dark side works!

The Dark side tempts you to give in to your anger and hatred and use them to do what "needs" to be done. Darkness showed Luke how to attack, tempting him to harm and kill in anger. Not only was Luke tempted by the dark, he was balanced on the knife edge of falling to it.

MattOrgana likes this.
  17. Brobi-Wan

Feb 26, 2016
    I disagree. The dark side tried to temp Luke Browalker, but he threw down his lightsaber once he had disarmed Vader. He wasn't tempted. That's how I interpret that scene and the force.

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    He threw down his lightsaber AFTER he realized how tempted he was by the Dark side. That was written all over his face.

Django Fett and MattOrgana like this.
  19. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    Yes, Sarge, and maybe Luke wasn't prepared, as Yoda said in ESB...

MattOrgana likes this.
  20. Brobi-Wan

Feb 26, 2016
    I read that scene as him seeing the brotential path he could go down if he let himself be tempted by the dark side. He threw the saber down before he could be tempted.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm thinking one of us doesn't understand the word "tempt."

22. Brobi-Wan

Feb 26, 2016
    Or brotentially a different interpretation of that scene and the nature of the force and the dark side.

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Maybe you should expand your "brocabulary." :rolleyes:

Darth Smurf likes this.
  24. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    "That boy is our LAST hope"

[​IMG]

Yoda had faith in her.

And she is Anakin's offspring.

Allana_Rey and MattOrgana like this.
  25. Brobi-Wan

Feb 26, 2016

Maybe you need to learn how to not be so condescending, bro.