main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Will Lucas get the hint???

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthFloyd, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    For all of you who have been listening to my endless tirade about Lucas not allowing us to see the Original Original trilogy on dvd, please read the following page: http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.html#17015 This deals with how Spielberg is releasing and ultimate of E.T. with both editions of the movie. Will Lucas take a hint from this and make the oot available? Or should we start a petition from all of us who want our children to be able to watch the original that we enjoyed for so many years? I Say, Lucas, even if you make us pay and arm and a leg(which I have the utmost faith that you will) I want to be able to show my children what I grew up with, which will no doubt make them enjoy whatever technology is available by the time they are around even more. You are a pioneer in movie making, and I would like to have access to a chronicle of that genius.

Ok, I am done, enjoy your day!
    CJ

2. galen-kenobi

galen-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    What do you mean by Original Original Trilogy? By my count, there has been at least 3 different variations of Star Wars(ANH), not including the Special Edition. (There may be variations of the other 2 movies, although I'm not aware of them.) Which one should be the "original"? Of course, the same question can be asked of both Phantom Menace and AOTC. Each have 2 versions, but which one is "the" version?

3. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    I am with you DF. For as much as I love NewYoda in AOTC, I think it is equally (if not moreso) important for Lucas to include the Original Theatrical Versions of the Saga
    on the DVD release.
    What is most important, I think, is for him to at least give us a CHOICE in which version to watch by including the Originals, as well as the SEs, or the SSEs, or whatever they are going to end up being.
    You are right, there is a whole generation of fans that grew up on the films before the SEs ever came out (I am one of them), and it isn't going to do Lucas any good in the long run to ignore the wishes of his original fan-base.
    I hope he comes around by 2005-2006.

DW

4. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I must jump on the bandwagon with DF and DW. The fans need to be given a choice as to which edition of the trilogy they want to watch. I love the new technology as well, but I think it would be nice to compare it to the original.

5. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I agree completely. We should be given the opportunity to view whichever version we want.

6. Jon_Solo

Jon_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Going along with DF, I agree that we should be given the option of viewing the movie in its original format. I don't watch the movies soley for the purpose of being impressed by techology, but also for what the movie represented when in came out. Represented in terms of movie making and in terms of my experience of it at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.