main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Will Luke and Leia finally meet their grandparents on Naboo, post-ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Jan 20, 2016.

?

Do you want Luke and Leia to finally meet their grandparents on Naboo, post-ROTJ?

1. Yes

79.2%
  2. No

20.8%
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Could Luke and Leia finally meet their grandparents on Naboo, post-ROTJ?

There is no excuse to delay the revelation of Padme as their mother in the new EU.

Ruwee and Jobal would only be about 60-75 years old after Palpatine's death (which doesn't feel that old even by today's standards, never mind in the GFFA).

Perhaps, during one of the three Battles for Naboo in the year after the Emperor's death, Luke and Leia will be fighting there (Leia already has deepening ties there), learn the truth, and stumble upon their grandparents, aunt, and cousins?

This family deserves at least a little taste of happiness and being part of a healthy family, following what happened to Padme, and before what we know will happen later.

[​IMG]

2. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    it would be nice. A. line of dialogue from Leia on Naboo would do my heart good.

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    They should also reveal that Padme faked her death and worked as a handmaiden/nanny for Bail* until she actually died about five years later.

DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE I'M CRAZY.

* Screw that. New idea. She worked as a bounty hunter who brought corrupt politicians to justice while being based on Alderaan. She wore the Boushh get up.

4. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    I think Luke and Leia should definitely meet up with Pooja Naberrie in the new canon, as she did serve with Leia in the Imperial Senate in the old EU. Of course, her adult career in the new canon isn't clear yet, but I assume she'll still be a prominent Naboo politician? But I agree, there's no need for a delay in revealing Padme was their mother and that they have a surviving biological family from Naboo.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Totally! I love fanfics where this happens. :) They deserve to connect with those that knew their father briefly, and their mother intimately. And then to keep in contact with any and all varied cousins, aunts, and uncles. :D

Ghost likes this.
  6. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I really hope so.

7. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Yes, please!

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    At the very least they should meet Sen. Pooja Naberrie (who is hopefully still a senator in canon), as noted above.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia did take that trip to Naboo in Shattered Empire - perhaps after the battle, she found stuff out?

Huttese 101 likes this.
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think she also went to Naboo after the Battle of Yavin too.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    She did. And saw Padme's portrait and sensed something about it - but didn't know what.

Darth Basin likes this.
  12. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    Actually, the Skywalker extended family on the Naberrie side could be extensive. Padme's sister should still be alive, and she had two young nieces. Her parents, Luke and Leia, would be at least in their 60s or 70s at time of ANH.

starocean90 likes this.
  13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    This is something I never really thought about, but I would think it make sense that Luke and Leia would be able to find out who their mother was and then find their family based on that. I'm all for it, could be a good story.

14. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    I meant Luke and Leia's grand parents would be in their 60s or 70s.

15. TheReal_Rebel

Sep 17, 2015
    They would also be able to find out what Padme and Anakin looked like and what they were like.

16. Lazy K

Lazy K Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    I'm still hoping that Shmi's family is still looking for her after all these years.

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I would love for this to happen! I really want to know if the Skywalker twins know about their mother and who she was.

18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I would love for this to happen. But there is one detail that would need to be addressed. To hide the twins and Padme's secret marriage to Anakin, she was dressed to appear as still pregnant during her funeral procession. In short, the Naberrie's think there is no possible way for Luke and Leia to be her children. Again, they wouldn't have even known about her being married.

Of course, Obi-Wan and them had to coordinate with someone to get her to appear pregnant for the funeral. Sabe perhaps? So there's a link somewhere that could spill the beans and bring the Skywalkers, Solos, and Naberries together. Hopefully.

19. StarLorrd

StarLorrd Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 18, 2014
    I'm probably in the minority in that I couldn't really care less if this happens and don't really get the point.

Would be pointless and boring IMO

CT-867-5309 and Lazy K like this.
  20. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    In Marvel’s Darth Vader ongoing series, after Vader learned the name of the Rebel pilot who destroyed the Death Star, he figured out that this was his son. He then sent Aphra to Naboo for further investigation. She met with the mortician who was responsible for Padmé's funeral (I believe his name was Commodex Tahn), and after Triple-Zero tortured the mortician, he revealed that he was told to made Padmé appear pregnant. He told Aphra that Padmé had indeed given birth to a son before her death, but he kept the existence of the daughter a secret. Then the mortician was killed, so he won't be around if Luke and Leia want to learn more about their mother.

You are right that the Naberries would at first not believe that Luke and Leia are Padmé's kids. Here's potential for a really interesting and dramatic story.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

21. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Agreed, it would be a great, dramatic story…but mostly likely one that would not fit into the future episodes because it'd be quite the tale in itself, thus taking away from everything else they'll want to tell. So I think its highly unlikely. A stand alone that takes place in between the ST movies maybe?

GFRthree likes this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I would love to see this story happen, just to show that the Skywalker line isn't the be-all and end-all of everything.

Make the Naberries something special too. Maybe they're not Force-sensitive, but who cares? They were from the same planet as Palpatine, and I'm sure the Refugee Relief Movement was alive and well long after TCW. From those two points alone, there are stories that could easily tie into Luke and Leia's lives.

Fredrik Vallestrand and Ghost like this.
  23. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007

That they wrote this story without giving us a two-page spread of Leia at Padme's tomb, or an encounter with Anakin's Force Ghost, really make me doubt the watchdogs of the new canon at Marvel on non-Poe-related matters.

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    She did somehow sense Maul's presence - possibly a leftover trace of the battle in TPM.

25. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I would be nice if they finally got to know their mother's family and meet them. The heroes not knowing their mother( and their family by extension) is played out.

Force Smuggler and Ghost like this.