main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Luke be out of practice?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Feb 20, 2016.

1. MoonFyre

MoonFyre Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2016

Definitely there are surprises in store for the audience. What I'm most excited about is the events that drove him in that island... and that he's not the same Luke from OT anymore.

Lobot_the_Jedi and jedistarfire like this.
  2. jedistarfire

jedistarfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2015
    I agree I hope they explain more . I don't like the fact they made him look like a coward . But rember the Line that Han said on the Falcon . when explained about what happen ? after He said what kylo did . About there being rumors about what happen but no ones knows eccept the people that knew him best ? that might have been from the book I don't remember but also Han said Luke left and basicly did his own thing and went to find the last Jedi Temple . I would Like to think Maybe The 3 jedi ghost Im being lazy sorry Im sure you know who I mean . Any way maybe they told him to go into exele and trained him . sorry for the bad spelling.

3. MoonFyre

Jan 19, 2016

The circumstances might make it seem that he's a coward, but I doubt it. Something huge really happened... Kylo's leaving is just one of them. Yes, it has something about the last Jedi Temple. But he also looked dissatisfied, maybe what he's looking for is not complete.

Sarge and jedistarfire like this.
  4. jedistarfire

Aug 8, 2015
    True .I did think about that . I think Liea misses him though . did he forget he had one family member left

5. MoonFyre

Jan 19, 2016

I don't think so... but something is definitely holding him back in that island. The next movie will give us the answers. Hopefully.

6. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Luke's actions don't strike me was cowardly. They strike me as the actions of someone who feels that their presence in society is harmful. In essence, Luke probably thinks he's doing the galaxy a favor by getting out of Dodge.

Sarge and Dra--- like this.
  7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    If you don't slaughter your nephew, you're a coward. It's 'Merica.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He will have some refreshment training with the force ghosts of Qui Gon & Obi Wan.
    Due to his age he cannot hear properly.
    He understood: Use the horse
    [​IMG]

jedistarfire likes this.
  9. jedistarfire

Aug 8, 2015
    Your funny .

10. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    His funny what?

Pro Scoundrel and MeBeJedi like this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    "Will Luke be out of practice??"

He better not be.

That is all I will say here.

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It looks like he is out of practice. He needs 9 people to advice how to look for 90 seconds
    We are not talking about speaking yet
    I'm worried
    [​IMG]

13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    :rolleyes:

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I love the colour of his cloak, though. Makes him look ancient, mystical and wise to me. Luke will be powerful in the force. He simply has to be. He's considered a genuine threat against the First Order. It's just a question if he's going to be on the battlefield fighting with his lightsabre, or playing Yoda's role of giving guidance and wisdom. I don't know why we can't have both.

15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

This. I don't know why both the first order and the resistance would both be spending all this time and energy looking for him if he wasn't powerful… That is the one hope I'm hanging onto!

And his look – yes. He looks exactly the way I hoped he would when we first heard he was going to be in the ST.

Jakku Sun Aesthetic likes this.
  16. Jakku

Jakku Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    He certainly doesn't look as if he's been starving.

Jakku Sun Aesthetic and dolphin like this.
  17. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

I wonder how he eats/drinks/bathes in a deserted region like that, let alone practicing his moves.

18. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Fish & fowl, rain water, ... surrounded by water o_O

Plus the rocky & hilly terrain? Boy's in super shape even without having plenty of time to meditate on the Force.

Jakku Sun Aesthetic likes this.
  19. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    He has a 4G data plan, so he spends his days watching Jedi channels on Forcetube.

TheManFromMortis and AmySolo like this.
  20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Only 1 advicer, other crew is for picture, sound, light, security etc. o_O

mobile doesn't work on Skellig, I know from experience. o_O

21. DarthScubbles

DarthScubbles Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2004
    Considering he had only a short amount of training before taking on two bad ass sith in ROTJ, I am sure he will be fine.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  22. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Nah, he will be ready. Luke would've had some pretty awesome force ghosts there to help him in his solitude. And being on his own and at the first Jedi Temple no less, he will definitely have strengthened since we last saw him in ROTJ.

23. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He was able to resist Sheev's attempts to corrupt him, and defeat Darth Vader himself in battle, despite being only in his early 20's and having very scattershot, makeshift, on the fly training over only a few years.

I think that he'll be fine.

nightangel likes this.
  24. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    [face_shhh]

nightangel likes this.
  25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't really believe a Jedi can be out of practice. I think if they haven't fought for many years, just reconnecting to the Force would allow them an instant kind of "muscle memory" of how to do whatever they learned how to do.

However, a Jedi can be out of shape. I believe they must keep themselves athletic and fit to a reasonable extent.

But since we see how well Yoda can fight despite his age and physical limp, this does suggest that mastery of the Force is all that really matters in terms of putting up a good fight (learning how to fight, of course, would be a prerequisite).

So why was Kenobi portrayed as lesser than he once was? The answer is simply that Lucas hadn't decided how to represent the Jedi fighting yet, and he would retcon this with the PT. In other words, the OT misrepresents what Kenobi and Vader are capable of due to the time it was filmed and conceived.

The PT revised this, and we'll also see movies like Rogue One revise this as well. To the horror of some OT fans.

QueenSabe7 likes this.