main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Luke die?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Thom Skywalker, Feb 7, 2015.

?

What about Luke?

1. He will die in Episode 7 (the first part of the trilogy)

11.3%
  2. He will die in Episode 8 or 9 (the writers have other plans for him)

59.2%
  3. He will survive the ST

29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thom Skywalker

Thom Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    Both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were Jedi Masters who were killed in the first part of each trilogy....

Now it's Luke the one who fits the profile....

MOD EDIT: Closed at user request

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    As much as I would love that Luke survives the whole ST, I guess he will die in VIII or IX with a sacrifice. :_|
    But letting him die in VII, after searching the whole movie for him and with only little screentime, is just too much of a waste. Don't forget the audience will care with such little screentime probably more if BB-8 gets destroyed. :rolleyes:

Shadojoker, Redimet and starocean90 like this.
  4. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Not in this film.

5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    the thing is Han seems to be playing that Jinn/Kenobi (without being a Jedi of course) role which is why he would be more likely to sadly die.;)

Redimet and nightangel like this.
  6. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014
    I think Han dies. Luke will die, but not yet.

Shadojoker likes this.
  7. Thom Skywalker

Thom Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    I wish him to survive, but he has already accomplished the ultimate challenge by defeating Vader...

8. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    I'm unsure if Luke dies in TFA however he may before this trilogy is done. I am in the camp that Han will die, not so much for story sake, but that Harrison Ford won't want to do more than this one. Frankly I'm surprised he signed on for TFA considering how he's beem very public about his disdain for the character for the last few decades

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Before this is redirected to the general Hamill thread, I'll just reiterate that I sincerely hope Luke survives the ST entirely, before handing the reins of the new Jedi Order completely over to his son, his niece and their compatriots!

Then Luke can enjoy a nice retirement of solitude and meditation. Maybe someplace warm and sunny... :p

Revanfan1, T-R-, Redimet and 2 others like this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1, T-R-, Redimet and 2 others like this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Not Tattooine again?!? The poor fellow can't escape that rock no matter how hard he tries. :p

This is a lovely thought and I'd like that, but I do think he'll become one with the Force (hopefully not until !X) - that said if Luke makes to the next trilogy I would be pretty happy too.

12. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Luke will pass his soul unto a crystal, maaaan......and become one with a lightsaber...... then it will become the Utlimate Weapon....like Excalibur.. Ya diggin' me so far, hombre? Like......
    .............. deep. Then he will talk through that weapon like a vessel..... and after evil is vanquished he'll be sealed away into a stone.....maaannn........ya pickin' up the words I'm droppin' bubsyboo? Ya likin the vibe, feelin it in the plums? It's a groovy and rootin' tootin'. I like pancakes and scrapple.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
  14. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I love Luke he is my favorite character but there is no way he makes it out of this trilogy alive. He will live through Episode 7 I think though.

15. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    And then there are prunes, the old plums. Which also move plots <ahem> along.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  16. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Luke will die in the first eight minutes. An arrow hits him. You heard it here first folks.

AdamSkywalker likes this.
  17. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Plagueis will take Luke down after Kylo Ren resurrects him.

Darkslayer and AdamSkywalker like this.
  18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    In VII? No. I'd say save it for IX. If anyone is going to die in VII, it'll be Han.

19. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think he'll die sacrificing himself to save someone or for the greater good mirroring Obi Wan's death in ANH. But I'm not 100% sure. Han dying is too predictable so I that's why I'm leaning more towards Luke, or maybe Leia, biting the big one in Episode VII. And that's assuming anyone dies in the first film or the entire ST at all.

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]
    What does your heart tell you?

21. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    No. Luke will not die in Episode VII... because he'll be already dead of starvation by the time Rey and Finn find him... I can picture him still guarding the secrets of the ancient Sith when they find him:
    [​IMG]

Haven't you heard? Mark Hamill is playing everyone BUT Luke Skywalker in the movie..

22. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I think he'll stay a little longer but he'll leave sooner or later.

Now, since Luke IS Star Wars I expect his departure to be something big and memorable. Don't care if he'll get killed or if he'll just say goodbye in his death bed, I want that moment to make me cry a river :_|

23. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I personally find it likely Luke will be killed off eventually. There will be another Skywalker, probably his son who will succeed him as a knight. The Jedi govern with a council, not with just him alone.

I also find it more likely that another character Han or Chewbacca would be killed off next. Personally I wouldn't mind Lando going first though either.

24. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    My vote is for Episode 8..next generation won't be ready to "take over" until maybe the end of 8.

25. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    Either 8 or 9 will be his final moments. I have a feeling it will be in the style of Yoda's death though. I don't see him being killed by anyone. But if he IS going to be killed by someone I would say it will most likely be this "ancient" Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.