main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Luke fight with Kylo?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mihaitzateo, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Was just curious,since in the Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes back we see
    Luke fighting with his father,what will be in Episode 7?
    Will Kylo Ren fight with Luke?
    Or maybe Kylo and Rey are the twin children of Leia and Han so this time,
    we will see Rey following Luke example to turn her brother to the light side?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    The outcome out be similar to Yoda and Dooku if that were the case ~

An inexperienced Force-practitioner against arguably the most powerful Force user alive ~

Snoke against Luke seems like a battle that'll happen.

3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    No, it should be even more one-sided than that. Like Luke doesn't even need his lightsaber. He just starts tossing Kylo around like a rag-doll using the Force (which btw, is how Yoda should have fought imo).

Canyon D and darthtimetraveller like this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Not directly no. Luke will come to the aid of Rey when she is attack by Snoke while she is taking on Kylo. It will be a 4 way battle royal! ^:)^:D

nightangel likes this.
  6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    How can Luke fight Kylo? Everyone knows Luke IS Kylo. Amirite?

7. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Maybe in Episode 8. Luke will barely even be in 7. The big duel will be Kylo and Finn with perhaps Rey getting involved.

8. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    It could be a great fight if it happened, but Luke would have to have some kind of handicap or else the fight would only last for 2 seconds.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  9. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
    It will 'rhyme' with this:

[​IMG]

10. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    I think the big reveal will be Luke vs. Kylo climax showdown.....Just a prediction...Luke might steal the show in this one which would be epic...

11. ACDC

ACDC Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2004
    Yeah, realistically Luke shouldn't even be igniting his Lightsaber ~

I know this example is an EU one, but remember when Luke was sparring with Ben and he disabled him solely using the Force and without igniting his saber?

I see that happening on a grander scale here.

12. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Why do they keep getting back up? Do they ever learn? he just keeps knocking them down...

13. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    In ep 7? Not a chance

14. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    Adam Driver isn't listed in Ep.8 for IMDB. Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but Benicio del Toro maybe a Sith Lord in the next one, therefore no adam driver / kylo ren.

15. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    IMDB isn't a reliable source and no Luke won't be fighting Kylo in TFA.

Tommytom, TurboPGT, Davak24 and 4 others like this.
  16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    That's what I think is going to happen. Luke will take out Snoke while Rey, Finn, and maybe another Jedi or two take on Kylo and the Knights of Ren. I think that's really what Luke's role is in the ST. To set the foundation for the knew Order and take out Snoke. The new heroes can handle everything else.

17. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Especially not if Kylo is his son; that would be a little too OT, I don't think they'll go that route.

18. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    In Episode 8, yes. I think that'll be Kylo's "Empire Strikes Back" duel with his former master(?) and I think a big part of Episode VIII's story could be Luke and Leia having some conflict about what to do with Kylo.

19. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Not in TFA and I hope eventually Luke's job will be to deal with Snoke or Del Toro's character.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  20. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So what happened to Vader's robotic arms and legs? Is Kylo wearing them? He wants to become Vader, that's one way of doing it. So in a way, Luke would be fighting a zombie Vader.

21. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    I think Luke saves the day in TFA his entrance will be met with thunderous applause for the movie goers. We all will feel silly for wandering why they kept his role in TFA so close to vest.

22. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    He'll intervene in the Kylo/Rey/Finn fight and fight Snoke or BDT in VIII or IX

23. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Luke will intervene. Rey looks too distressed cradling an injured Finn in her arms to get up and fight Kylo. The light she looks up to see is Lukes ship arriving :)

24. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I suppose the lack of Luke means we will probably only get a late arrival/reveal which could save the day for Rey & co. But although the fanboy in me would like to see Luke going postal on Kylo, that may not be whats likely to happen. It seems Rey's journey will be intricately woven with Kylo and she will have to face him.

25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Ive no doubt Rey will end up facing Kylo at some point in the ST. Just as I think Luke will face off against Snoke. But, Rey is not ready to face Kylo this early in events IMO. Kylo would destroy her. I mean, Finn doesn't exactly come off well after fighting Kylo, does he? So what makes everyone think Rey has more of a chance? Kylo is a pivotal figure for the First Order, and clearly a feared individual. Luke intervening and showing him who's boss makes sense dramatically, thematically and is a HUGE payoff for the audience. If they've gone another route than this? It better be infinitely better than a stupid mountain side collapsing.

TimeZone and T-R- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.