main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Luke fight with Kylo?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by mihaitzateo, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I don't think they'll fight in TFA, but who knows, JJ could've been misleading us all this time. Hopefully he learned his lesson from the Cumberbatch/Khan debacle lol. Anyhow, Luke is far too powerful for the likes of that wannabe chump anyway. Kylo Ren vs Luke Skywalker would be analogous to a house cat trying to kill an adult Lion, it would be over in seconds. Kylo wouldn't stand even the smallest chance against Luke. Luke is arguably the most powerful Jedi/Force user in the history of the GFFA by the time of the ST, and he'll become even more powerful as the years roll on. I imagine Luke at some point becoming so powerful that he would reach super-unprecedented levels of power akin to something like Dr Manhattan. I imagine that's what Anakin would've achieved as well had he not turned to the darkside.

2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Luke and Kylo could at least fight in the flashback. Ya know, the one with the other knights of Ren.

3. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

Ok yes, i could see this happening (and i hope it does); and i think if it does we'll see Luke destroy them and only Kylo survives barely escaping with his life. Or perhaps Leia arrives on the scene and talks Luke down, stopping him from killing Kylo.

Vastor and nightangel like this.
  4. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    If there are flashbacks in the film this would be most likely. Certainly to help establish the backdrop.

I'm just not sure Luke will face off in a lengthy battle with Kylo, probably more likely as a late reveal to save the day as I say.
    And as for Rey, I think its obvious she wont face off against Kylo until later in the ST.

5. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010
    Oh dear I hope this wont bite her in the ass later. By Kylo killing Han for example.

6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Kylo has to be seen as a powerful figure. Luke's intention in confronting him is perhaps to just protect the others. Killing Kylo is probably not number one in his mindset. Perhaps once Kylo figures he's no match for Luke? he flees. Job done. And then Luke tells Rey, "if you want to learn the ways of the Force, and become a Jedi? *tells Rey to meet him on the Skellig planet* I'll be waiting"..something along these lines

7. jjgriffin

jjgriffin Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 12, 2015

LOL, whut? What are you basing all that off of? Most powerful Jedi in the history of the GFFA? We've seen nothing in the new EU to indicate that level of power. Before his lava bath Anakin was likely just a powerful, and Yoda almost assuredly was before he expended so much of himself trying to defeat Palpatine.

Don't get me wrong, Luke is powerful by the end of ROTJ... quite powerful. Certainly more powerful than Obi-Wan, Vader, and Yoda were in the OT. But comparing him to Dr. Manhattan? A guy who can affect matter on a quantum level? I doubt Luke has reached Plageius levels of power and I doubt he'd ever live long enough to do. But we'll see come December :)

JediRocks74 likes this.
  8. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015

From the flashback: Luke shows up too late.

So, guess not.

I really don't think this is a healthy perspective..you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

9. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I could see a quick fight between Kylo and Luke. Luke wins. Kylo survives. It will be epic. Can't wait. Bring on TFA!

10. Darth_Corvus

Jun 17, 2010

Luke may show up too late to save the youngling, but not necessarily to fight some knights.

Vastor likes this.
  11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Shattered Empire #4 gave a few hints Luke could indeed reach this power level. He just stood in the middle of an explosion and saved himself + Shara without a problem. ;)

12. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

I'm basing my opinion on George Lucas' ideas for Luke, and i think he'd agree with me on this; but yeah, you're right, i did over-exaggerate comparing Luke's potential to Dr Manhattan lol, i'll admit that. I agree about Anakin, i stated as much; and yes, Yoda would be up there too but not quite as powerful as Luke and Anakin. However, i'm not referring to Luke at the end of RotJ (i think Vader gave up in that fight, and let's not forget that he saved Luke's life; also, Luke wasn't at the level of Obi-Wan or Yoda in RotJ either imo), i'm talking about Luke by the time of TFA/the ST, and ultimately his potential going forward. He is the most powerful Jedi in history by the time of the ST.

13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah, so there must be also a very good reason why he didn't start a new academy after the first one was destroyed. If he is so powerful, he would not make the mistake again and let them unprotected. So there must be a very strong reason why he didn't do it and just exciled himself. ;)

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  14. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah despite all that. Do you think he will turn up to intervene in the fight at the end?

15. Good Blaster

Good Blaster Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2015
    I hope they fight, and I hope Luke calls him "boy" as he owns him.

-face melts-

T-R-, mihaitzateo, nightangel and 3 others like this.
  16. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

Possibly. I'd love it if he did. I hope he ends the conversation for good with that punk Kylo.

nightangel likes this.
  17. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I hope so too, since everything else makes just no sense. :)

darthtimetraveller and Jcuk like this.
  18. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    How do we know he's inexperienced? If he's been training that long, he should be able to put up a decent fight it should not be some completely one-sided affair. This is not NJO Luke and hopefully Kylo is not a weak villain. From what we know he should be able to put up a better fight against Luke, than Finn, should be able to put up against him.

19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Is it Luke's fight? It may be Luke's fight is to take on Snoke, who it might turn out to be the architect of everything that has happened in the years since ROTJ. If Luke were to fight Kylo i'd want to see a reverse of Luke vs Vader in TESB, with Luke dealing easily with Kylo who would be forced to make a desperate escape. What if Luke fights Kylo and its this near defeat that knocks his belief in the KoR and ultimately see's him turn on his master, Snoke?

T-R-, nightangel, Jcuk and 1 other person like this.
  20. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I do like the idea of Kylo's fate being tied to the realization that Vader returned to the light.

21. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Definitely an interesting idea. It's plainly evident Kylo is totally oblivious to the true history of Vader/Anakin and his ultimate redemption thanks to his son. Hopefully that may play into Kylo's eventual arc as the trilogy plays out if he discovers the truth.

LunarMoth likes this.
  22. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    Based on what we know I'm not expecting to see Luke fight ANYONE EVER

:(

23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I could see Kylo believing Luke betrayed his father, the ultimate family betrayal, and killed him as well as Palpatine.

24. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    That's probably what he believes now.

25. GutWrench

GutWrench Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2015
    I don't think he will. I predict Rey will kill Kylo in IX If his character survives TFA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.