main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Luke Have A Child? If So, Where's Mom?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    it could point to the Han as lead as coming from the Arndt draft, or speculation by the writer who is a self professed Han fan

2. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    That's what I'm starting to think, all these current Han rumours are stuff that's leaking about the Arndt script, not the Abrams/Kasdan script. So that's why I doubt the validity of that speculation. It doesn't add up at all.

JediMasterJessica and T-R- like this.
  3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    But quite honestly, guys, why not? Even if Han has more screen time than Luke, I think it is because he is the one dying on this movie. Based on what Ford wanted for his character and based on him, apparently wanting to see his role in the movie in order to give the final OK. I think Luke and Han are going to die on this ST, and the only question is who is going to die first.

About the Ardnt script, it wouldn´t surprise me if some things about that script leaked out sooner than later. If he was going to kill Luke soon in the movie, and was going to center the plot on the Solos it wouldn´t have been as good IMO.

4. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

True. Even in the case of the Star Trek lead-in comics, there were no big revelations present. I suspect those will come in 1 of 3 ways:
    (1) movie trailer
    (2) a cast member inadvertently says something
    (3) a reveal on one of the animated TV shows (in order to boost their ratings)

5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Considering that other rumors stated that Luke only appeared in Arndt's script at the very end, it's possible that Abrams rewrote it to include more of Luke while still keeping a greater focus on Han.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    To mr average moviegoer Luke is a real Jedi, and hasn't broken any of their rules.
    What being a Jedi means has been established by the PT. It means monk.
    Monk means no kids.

7. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Millionth voice:
    Well, I guess Leia won't be a Jedi then. OR, if she does, she won't marry and have kids.

8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Except being raised by a family, loving and being attached to said family, not training until adulthood, loving and feeling attached to Obi-Wan, Han, Leia, and Vader, saving and redeeming his father BECAUSE of that love and attachment, still having a sister who he loves and is attached to, and owing his and Leia's existence to the breaking of the rules.

Also, not falling to the darkside, despite breaking all of these rule, thus proving that they don't matter. Luke has changed what being a Jedi means.

9. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Pro Scoundrel :
    I loved your post and thought it deserved more than just a push of the "like" button! Well said! I completely agree with you!

10. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Me too, that was brilliantly put. Yes, Luke has changed what it means to be a Jedi, and he's what a Jedi SHOULD be, and living proof that the prequel Jedi were so wrong. That's why I don't believe for a second he would enforce the no attachment rule.

11. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Claire1976:
    I don't believe he would either. I hope the filmmakers agree with us. ​

Revanfan1, Ryus, T-R- and 1 other person like this.
  12. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013

Let's hope so. I mean, can you imagine this scenario, Luke tells Leia that she has no choice but to give up the man she loves because it's her destiny to be a Jedi. Would Luke do that to his own sister? Of course he wouldn't. Luke is a compassionate guy, plus he's had his own attachments his whole life, and that's what has made him the decent person he is, and what all future Jedi should strive to be.

Abadacus, Revanfan1, Ryus and 3 others like this.
  13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    That being said, it would be good to show Luke's relationship since it breaks the pre-set rules. Anakin and Padme had to keep their relationship in secrecy and that aided in the conflict. Luke would not have to so it would be nice to show Luke in a normal relationship. That transgression from Jedi not being allowed to have mates to Luke's recreation of the order where they can, with him leading the way, would be neat.

14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    What if that old space pirate got it on with Mrs. Skywalker during the 30 years between VI & VII? Luke and Leia do their own thing whilst Han, Chewie and Mrs . S go tearing around the galaxy with Han & Leia's daughter. After all this is space opera not sci-fi so why not have very human relationships and there consequences.

15. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Disney cares about the marketability of the franchise and to quote Doctor Who "Monks aren't cool", only a few hardcore fans really care that Jedi are Monks while most of the rest just want awesome lightsaber duels and a good story, and now common sense 'sex sells'. They'll only follow Georges ideas to a point imho. So by going by this logic either Luke will be the first to change the status quo or the last of the old belief to honor Lucas before moving on from his monk idea. I really hope Luke will be the first to change the status quo, not only just to rip the bandaid off fast rather than dragging it out but since it just termatically works better to have Luke as a father.

ChildOfWinds and T-R- like this.
  16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Huh? Was this typed during a drunken stuper?

T-R-, Claire1976 and Revanfan1 like this.
  17. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I would agree with the reasoning if this film were to show Luke coming to this realisation, meet someone and fall in love. Because I agree with it in principle. But, again if it's just mentioned off-hand because there is a young Skywalker person I'm not sure it will fly. It definitely won't if the wife is absent from the film.

18. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Maybe Luke doesn't talk with his child about his mother, like Owen didn't want to talk about Anakin. Then later in EPVIII when the kid confronts the new Baddie there will come the revealattion: "I am your mother!" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Ok this would be worse than that "Luke-Leia-Game-of-Thrones-Twincest" Thing...[face_laugh]

19. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    In the ROTJ deleted scene, was Luke in Obi-Wan's place when he built his new saber?

I think it was in the ROTJ novel that it mentions this.

Just thinking Luke may be back in Obi-Wan's old hut on Tatooine for Episode VII.

20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Nope, he was in a cave:

[​IMG]

DarthPinoy and Ryus like this.
  21. ForgottennJedi1986

ForgottennJedi1986 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2014
    ^ I believe he was at Obi-Wan's old diggs or at least near there (kind of looked like he was in a cave). I know he got the parts for his saber from stuff he found in Obi-Wan hut, which is why their sabers are almost identical.

22. ForgottennJedi1986

ForgottennJedi1986 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 12, 2014
    Thanks T-R, thought it was a cave too. Did the novel mention where he found the lightsaber parts?

23. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I don't remember. I'll have to check when I get home

24. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Just thought it would be neat if Luke takes up residence in Obi-Wan's old digs in Episode VII.

25. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    i agree so much with this post. very well thought out and well put.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.