main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Luke Have A Child? If So, Where's Mom?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by jedijax, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Toonimator

Yes, it is a common misunderstanding that Anakin's falling in love (or simply being married) was the cause of his downfall.

There is so much more to it.

2. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Luke's wife is lumiya. Makes sense if kylo is Han's son and turns sith.

3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...no.

4. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Luke: "There was no mother. I can't explained what happened."

[face_laugh]

5. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I was on the toilet one day, and kaplow, there she was.

Darth_Bertie and Michaea like this.
  6. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I hope Luke does have a kid. It would be easier for me to be invested in the new characters if they have ties to the Skywalkers. And I would prefer Luke having offspring than being a celibate hermit for the last 30 years. [face_dunno]And I know Leia is a Skywalker, but I would rather have Luke being a father instead of just an uncle like he was in the EU for so long.

As for who's Mom? Could be someone from his past..hadn't really given it much thought. As long as she's an interesting character, I'm good with it.

7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

If Luke has been extremely busy establishing a jedi order and training multiple apprentices(as it seems): I don't think he has any children. He is married to the force and his students are his kids.

I think there is enough family connection between potentially Rey and Ren(we assume).

8. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    It's still plausable that it could have happened, as busy as he has been establishing the Order, training Jedi, ect. Luke is one of my favorite characters in the Saga along with Anakin, (he was my favorite before I even knew anything about Anakin) and I'm really hoping it happened anyways.
    I just really don't want Luke to be another Kenobi type character, but I'm afraid that's what they're aiming at from what I've read.
    Just my opinion.

Trebor Sabreon and nightangel like this.
  9. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

"Busy people" have kids too [face_dunno]

10. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Sure, but considering your having a guy who had to reestablish a dead order and then give personal attention to multiple students: Developing and nurturing them individually while probably not getting a whole lot of help. Then, on top of that, it all going to poop which leads to years of solitude. Its not exactly as managing your typical 9-5 job with your family.

On top of that in which the Jedi seems to be reverting back to an order with Academy and monastic roots.

I'm certainly not going to say its impossible. But, it doesn't seem like they are going down that road.

Course, I couldn't figure out for the longest time how Rey could be a Solo child. Then we got news of the flashback stuff with the academy. So its looking very likely now. Who knows? Perhaps there will be key information eventually and Gleeson turns out to be a Skywalker. Perhaps the reason why Gleeson becomes evil is because he was neglected by his daddy. My "off the wall" explanation is as good as any I guess.

But, I wouldn't bank on it just yet.

11. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Remember how quickly Luke was trained. If he trains Jedi in a similar fashion, he could get an Academy or whatever up & running in practically no time--training a few students a year, who would then be Knights able to train their own students, and it'd just snowball. Gone are the days of spending decades training students, only to be Knighted in their mid-20s.

But it's all still just rumors that his New Jedi Order gets destroyed in flashbacks or whatever--or that he has a Jedi Order at all--or that they're back to monastic "meh, no attachments except for my sister, she can pop out as many babies as she wants" rules & regulations.

It's extremely easy to write a believable story in which Luke has time for a family and is able to train multiple Jedi, while still suffering some tragedy between trilogies and going off into seclusion/imprisonment for a decade.

12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Why are you assuming that it all goes "poop" or that Abrams and Kasdan are setting up the Jedi to be like in the PT (order you mean like actual real monks cutting themselves of from society, e.g. Lindisfarne and such).

It is also possible that Luke has had very few Padawans over the years - I think I would find that more interesting than several dozen or hundreds. A handful of Jedi in a vast galaxy trying to right wrongs very much under pressure.

If Gleeson is a Skywalker, he won't be evil or have been raised without Luke's influence - another evil Skywalker? Why not just make him a new character in that case?

13. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    I'm assuming it all goes to poop because apparently there is a massacre that kills a bunch of his students? I'm just going by the report that MSW laid out. I have no idea what type of rules they are setting up. Nobody does...

As far as the Gleeson character. I don't believe he is a Skywalker or an evil Skywalker at that. I was just making an "off the wall" shot in the dark.

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Yes, but Luke will no doubt continue to train himself and seek new knowledge.

He won't rush students through the process - some will learn quicker than others but that wouldn't mean they are ready to go it alone.

Plus, the galaxy is a massive place - it will take time finding Force sensitives

There won't be another Jedi massacre or a "Purge" either in the movie or at some point in the post-RotJ era - that is just the same think as RotS.

At most, if there is a Jedi school or training camp, that it will be attacked forcing the Padawans to either flee or defend themselves - think more X-Men 2 than an outright massacre. I suspect that such a thing would happen in Episode VIII after the main characters are established in TFA.

Yes, I agree - Luke can still have a family and re-establish the other.

It just doesn't seem to match his character to not give him a family.

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    So Abrams is remaking the Prequels? I doubt it ;)

I understood that - I was just similarly voicing my opinion on that.

T-R- likes this.
  16. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    it's either Rey or none.

TurboPGT and StarKiller81 like this.
  17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    based on what exactly???

nightangel likes this.
  18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Rey what? A Solo or Skywalker child.

19. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Considering the Ren/Rey alliteration: I'm guessing none. But who knows?

20. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I think he means Luke's daughter and if she's not than Luke has no kids.;)

nightangel likes this.
  21. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    They're not going to give Luke any kids. They barely want to admit he even exists or ever existed.

TurboPGT and nightangel like this.
  22. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm thinking it's Rey or none as well and Kylo is a Solo.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

T-R-, nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

There is proof of anything really - Rey seems like the only option to be a "legacy child" because Ridley is clearly one of the leads.

However, assuming that the ST is sticking with the tradition of three leading characters (again no proof one way or the other) then Boyega, Issac, Driver and Gleeson are each just as likely to be one of the new Big Three as the others.

Let us, assume that the teaser was intended to prepare us for the new Big Three - that still does not mean that Gleeson can't be Luke's son. Or that Driver can't be a Solo. Or that Pip Anderson can't be Rey's younger brother or cousin.

I think it very unlikely that there won't be a new Skywalker, or even a Solo, but it is possible.

This man wants to talk with you...

[​IMG]

25. Gerdschroder

Gerdschroder Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    Luke went from clueless farmboy in a new hope to pretty decent Jedi in return of the jedi within a timespan of less than 10 years. If he applies the same amount of time to the training of his students that should have left him plenty of time to have a family. Even if he still does it the old way and collects orphans who are less than one year old it seems pretty reasonable that after 25 years they should be fully trained, giving him 5 years to start a family until episode 7.

Now maybe he doesn't have kids in a force awakens but meets the mother during the sequel triology. Maybe daisy ridley's character is not related to the skywalkers at all. That way she could be the mother of Luke's future son who will make his debut in the 4th triology. In the trailer she looks to be at least 22. I definitely wouldn't think of her as a child. So it wouldn't make luke a pedophile if they got together. I think that would be interesting. If that is still too young maybe they could get together at the end of the episode 9 when she is already older (kind of like Han and Leia did).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.