main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Luke use the Blue or Green lightsaber in Ep. VIII??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Solosaber, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Solosaber

Solosaber Jedi Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Very serious topic here...:p

Just curious now that he has his original one back. However, it seems like the Jedi masters have always used green, for the most part.

Discuss

2. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    I hope we don't see Luke use a lightsaber. Maybe for training Rey but thats it, I will assume he will use his green one though and Rey will get Anakins till she can create a new one.

3. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Luke will continue to use his green lightsaber while he gives the blue saber to his daughter, Rey. She already has great command of the force, but Luke's training will help protect her from falling to the dark side.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Welcome home, misplaced thread!

DarthHavok likes this.
  5. Solosaber

Jun 22, 2005
    Ah come on...we all want a little taste of Jedi master Luke....at least to kill a stormtrooper or two. I'm all for furthering the story with the new characters...and hopefully the next episode will ease back on the nostalgia and focus on the current....but I want to see just a little bit of badass Luke with the green saber slaying some fools

6. Solosaber

Jun 22, 2005
    Put it where you want

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I did.

8. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    green

but it is more related with the kind of jedi you are, than the rank

kid ad mundi, obi wan, are masters with blue light sabers. rookies as luke used green ones. has not really much to do.

what I dont see is how luke could have developed duel skills having no old school sparrings..

Tanjint likes this.
  9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Green, no question for me. Would be a nice parallel to Yoda.

Dandelo, Redimet and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  10. froog

froog Jedi Padawan

Nov 29, 2014
    he won't use any lightsaber.

such are his powers now, he actually is a lightsaber.

The Jaded Irk and DarthHavok like this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If he uses a lightsaber, his green one. I don't think anybody has pictured Jedi Grandmaster Luke with a blue lightsaber since before ROTJ was released.

12. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Green.

He hasn't used the blue lightsaber since Empire, and he looks too damn good with green to go back to blue.

I remember wanting to see Luke fight Kylo in The Force Awakens before the MSW plot summary leaked. After seeing Rey defeat Kylo, I'm afraid Luke would be way too powerful for him, but I'd still be interested for this film, maybe he finished his training with Snoke in time for Episode VIII and is more skilled/experienced.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  13. Hermi_Odle

Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2011
    Didn't he throw his green lightsaber away when he was facing the Emperor, when he refused to kill Vader? I like to think he picked a new design for the hilt or, as mentioned, is so powerful he needs no lightsaber.

Angasboy likes this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    He did toss it away in the throne room, but it's hanging from his belt again during the victory celebration on Endor.

What the fanboy in me wants to see is Rey with a pikesaber and Luke fighting Florentine style with his green in one hand and Old Blue in the other.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  15. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    No, he picked it up after. He still has it at the end celebration on Endor.

[​IMG]

16. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    "Your weapons. You will not need them."

Luke should fight like this if he's to seriously engage anyone (Snoke or maybe Knights of Ren). I would still like to see him use his green lightsaber, but only if he's toying with Kylo or doesn't want to kill him.

[​IMG]

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Luke would never use that Sarlacc's Face move. He learned Yoda's lesson, "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

18. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    green saber but i wouldnt be surprised if he replaces the green crystal with a blue one..

19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Same here. I imagine that he still has his green one with him for safekeeping.

20. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Maybe he will use both the green and the blue when he takes on Snoke and Ren

light_sabe_r likes this.
  21. Solosaber

Jun 22, 2005
    Yeah Ive noticed alot of people complaining about Kylo's skills. The first trilogy focused on the hero growing up and maturing his skills whereas this trilogy will focus on both the hero and villain growing. I dont see a problem with that...and I actually like it. I think by the time episode 9 rolls around, if written and directed right, people will crave and Luke vs Kylo showdown. Kinda like how a boxer rises up the ranks and finally gets a title shot...thats how I see it and I love it.

Well, my point of view anyway

22. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Luke must have some kind of force handicap, otherwise he would destroy Kylo Ren, who, by the way, will probably get his Darth title in this one.

Snoke: Kill Luke Skywalker and your journey toward the dark side will be complete. I think he kills Luke, angers Rey, who attacks him and is injured, due to not finishing her training. She'll use her father's lightsaber (Blue) in this one, and the green one, which Jedi Rey Skywalker will keep and use in Episode IX.

23. Eons I slept

Eons I slept Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 24, 2015
    For me, it's pretty obvious Rey will end up using a double-bladed staff. I think she'll use Anakin's saber for training/fighting in VIII, staff in IX. I see Anakin's saber eventually finding it's way into Kylo's hands (he just wants it sooooo bad), and he'll dual wield it with his own red saber during the penultimate showdown in IX (symbolism abound).

This is my fanboy conjecture anyway.

As for Luke, I'd be happy if he never uses a saber. I really want to see him do some crazy force-based stuff, however. Like walk into a room and effectively "turn off" everyone there, like they kind of just stop what they're doing and stand there slack-jawed until he passes. OR FORCE CRUSH A STAR DESTROYER IN ORBIT (that may be a little too mass-murdery however, I'm not sure how pacifist I'd like to see him yet).

Tanjint likes this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm gonna have to say I don't think Luke would Force crush a star destroyer. Yoda taught him, "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

Dak Oolron and Wildcatbarry like this.
  25. Appropriate Username

Appropriate Username Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2015
    There's people who don't wanna see Luke put in some work with his lightsaber??? Now that we can finally see how powerful Luke has become you want him...to...play the background the entire time.

Blasphemy.

Everyone should want exactly what I want. ;)