main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Luke use the Blue or Green lightsaber in Ep. VIII??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Solosaber, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    It is one of my favourite scenes. As in many movies - when you have a look at the most epic scenes in detail and slow motion they may look funny

2. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I agree. I thought this Scene was epic. The Jedi, and the Clones(in their gunships) sweeping into the arena, was one of the most exciting moments in all of Star Wars. This was before the Jedi purge; so of course there were a huge number of Jedi to be utilized in the field. How else should this look? Some people just feel the need to criticize everything in the PT.

3. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    I thought Sidious easily killing the Masters in the Jedi Strike Squad scene was worse by far. Also, I believe 2 of those Jedi had green sabers, so more green saber action.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Put me down for the "that shot looks lame" side. I've been in the front line of medieval reenactments when we had an army of a thousand charging against another army of a thousand, so I know how awesome it should look and how it should feel. Braveheart got it right; AotC didn't.

5. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    I have a vivid memory of being 7 years old and going into our mall with my mom for our weekly shopping trip. Spencer's had a displace of those old Kenner lightsabers that were originally made in yellow and red, but they had just gotten a shipment of red with the ROTJ logo on the hilt and the new GREEN. I sprinted to the display and grabbed one, and I think I slept with it for months, lol.

I also remember my dad painting an old broomhandle green for me to use as a lightsaber.

These kids don't know how good they have it with these sophisticated toys, but I sure had it even better with a great pair of parents, both of whom also enjoyed Star Wars.

6. Jedi Rey X

Jedi Rey X Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2016
    I am thinking why not use the invisible light saber :)

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that's not what it is.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

No, but that's the reaction it should have provoked, and it didn't.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    IMO I find it hard to compare a 15th century battle with axes, maces swords and shields to a considerably smaller army with droids, blasters and lightsabers. In fact I quite liked that scene in the execution arena. The colliding of the armies is to this day one of my favorite visual moments of the saga. I think it's mostly because it's the first time we see so many Jedi in action-something I (and many others, I'd wager) have always wanted to see.

As far as the topic of this thread:

I am very much hoping to see Luke's green lightsaber in action. I think it would be nice to see something from his younger days, considering things are so different now. I'm really just hoping we don't see Luke not use a lightsaber at ALL...

nightangel and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  10. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    they're jedi. that's what jedi look like.

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Before the PT came out, the image in my head of what Jedi look like was different; much more realistic, less stylized, more cool. I'd share the image with you, but my telepathic powers are weak.

12. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    I believe Luke will stay with his Green saber. Too much baggage with ole blue, besides, it was given to Rey. I hope to see Luke with new and brilliant powers...something only a Jedi, who can communicate [probably] long term with fallen Jedi. Power beyond power. Something that the dark side wouldn't consider power.

13. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    As far as the scene in ATOC, in the arena...what i enjoyed most was the wide shot where you could see all the lightsabers lighting up in the crowd, up in the stands.....everywhere.. wow.....going to watch now :)

nightangel and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    He should use his green saber and Rey can keep using his old blue blade.

However there should be a scene in the film where Rey can not access her lightsaber for whatever reason and Luke is forced to duel wield the green and blue blade.

15. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Then Luke gets his other hand chopped ( same one the blue is being used in ). Seriously though, I don't think Luke wanted to see that saber ever again.

16. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Yes.

I loved when we saw his father do it! Too bad it was only a few seconds. A Skywalker should be capable of such things!

17. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    How about like this:

[​IMG]

Or this:

Both a billion times cooler than that awful scene below, which looks like a bunch of nightclub ravers were collectively transported to an alien-themed outdoor laser tag arena, and got mad about it. Kind of. They felt good, so they weren't that mad. Kinda just havin fun wavin' those glowsticks in the air.

[​IMG]

Sarge and TK327 like this.
  18. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    It's very Monty Python. Makes me think: Kamikaze Scotsman.

19. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I think the Geonosis execution arena battle collision works perfectly visually, within the confines of the style of the SW saga in general. If it were filmed like Game of Thrones, or Braveheart, IMO it would feel out-of-place in the GFFA as we've seen it presented to us...

thejeditraitor likes this.
  20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Thankfully Anakin was able to duel wield longer then a few seconds in TCW.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  21. LORD_BINX

LORD_BINX Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    I must admit that I thought this scene was one of the few high points of that movie until I saw this gif. I never realized how silly it looked. The jedi are surrounded by droids but are all running straight ahead (into blaster fire) and the bolts are going right through them. So I guess empire era stormtroopers were an upgrade from droids as far as accuracy, but a downgrade from clones.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    everything fast looks bad as a gif.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  23. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    Green, definitely green.

Sidenote, we need Luke to do something insanely powerful with the Force in this film. Yoda lifted an X-Wing, Luke needs to casually one hand a Star Destroyer into the ocean. It would be a fun and impressive demonstration of just how strong Luke is.

24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  25. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    As already mentioned, you can take any scene from any movie, put it in slow-motion or freeze a specific moment - and make it look silly. Don't let the hate flow through you, guys.

The fan-edit of Jon Snow is just a strange way of making comparisons. Different situations, different styles, different stakes, different universes.

Darth Smurf likes this.