main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Mace Windu actually show Jedi Skills during the Clone Wars and kick butt?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by clonewarsfan, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonewarsfan

clonewarsfan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2010
    I could not find any other thread about this. So this is appropiate. I love Mace, he's a good guy. He was one of the last Jedi's to fall. I heard that Boba is freaking pissed off at him and I wonder if we will see Mace Windu actually kick some butt in the series? So far, he's been lacking Sam's Jacksons' attitude. He's portrayed like a wuss! Who else wants to see a whole episode about Mace kicking Boba Fett's butt all over the place? or is it just me? Discuss. Thanks.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I wouldn't count on any Jedi using the Force in TCW.

3. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'd like to see Mace in action at some point, but I'd rather he didn't take it out on Boba. Boba is just a child, and although Mace probably is a bit of a "gray" Jedi, as proven by his invention of Vapaad, I can't see him hurting someone that young. If we ever got a Boba/Mace confrontation, Mace would easily be able to defeat him without excessive use of the Force.

4. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    well, Mace looked pretty pissed off in episode 2 and 3. But during the clone wars he's just standing around giving orders or showing up on holograms. when are we going to see him bust some jedi skills as seen in ROTS? I loved that episode where he goes all out in the animated cartoon show and destroys all those droids at once using the force. WE need to see Mace Windu get really, really angry..because he did turn to the dark side in ROTS. At the end. I think it would be appropiate for him to kick the hell outta boba fett!

5. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    A Jedi Master kicking around a 10-year old. Somehow I don't think that would do much for Mace's BA image.

I don't know, I thought he was pretty well portrayed in Liberty of Ryloth, what with his shattering the walker's window and jumping the chasm on top of those STAPs... Sure, we must see more of him in action, but please don't step it up to the ridiculous level of the old Tartakovsky show.

6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I just tend to call the old Clone War series The Force Unleashed edition. I agree that Mace needs to be in the action more than he is..

7. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    You didn't like the Clone Wars cartoons GRY? they were awsome! Mace really took that machine down and all the droids around it. That deadly, stomping juggernaught had to go man. And why not beating up a 12 year old boy, (not 10) Ashoka is like 14 and she gets the crap beat out of her all the time..plus boba is a clone and we know clones can be spared. no one cares if they die or not these days. I don't find the old cartoon ridiculous at all. well, let me ask you this, what does Mace do all day? Just sit around the temple and meditate with Yoda or something?

We need to see him with Kit, Kolar and the others, at least training or getting closer as friends..so it could explain why he chose them as his backup.

8. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    Yup. We are in agreement. :)

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Well, Mace will be in the Zillo beast episodes, and the first one seems to start with a fight against droids, so maybe Filoni will treat us to a shot of Mace punching an SBD like in the old series.

I don't have a problem with him punching regular battle droids, as he could have used the Force to shield his hands, but I wish they wouldn't have had him fighting SBDs. That makes it seem a little over the top.

10. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    in the clone wars heroes game he joins up with Obi Wan and beats the crap out of super battle droids, and all sorts of bosses. He's really good in that game.

11. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    I can't speak for Gry, but the Tartakovsky show had a tendency to exaggerate things. A lot of the Jedi were seen doing tasks that were so extreme they were almost lol-worthy, and Mace's stint on Datooine is probably the best example that there is.

And the issue isn't really what Boba's age is specifically, or that Ahsoka is also getting hurt now and then -it's that as a Jedi Master, Mace is supposed to have more morals than to badly hurt a child. Those morals are an important factor that separate the Jedi from the Sith.

Also, Boba isn't a clone to the same degree that the soon-to-be-stormtroopers are. He was made from Jango's DNA, but he didn't have the advanced aging/developmental skills, or anything like that.

12. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    Tartavoskyko always overdoes his cartoons. Have you seen super puff power girls? or something like that. I don't blame the guy, that's his style. But they were pretty entertaining and it introduced Grievous and gave us the answer as to why Grievous has lung problems..MACE KICKED HIS ASS!! lol. Mace windu's number one goal during the clone wars is to go after Grievous and im not seeing that so far. for me the dantooine episode was the best. And last time I watched AOTC (300th time) Mace didn't give a damn about any clones and why would he care about boba fett? However, I do think that he let him go in the arena and felt sorry for him..but Boba is STILL a clone in the eyes of mace..nothing important to him.

13. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    When did Mace imply dislike of the clones? I know that Quinlan Vos doesn't like them, but I can't recall anything about Windu.

The viewpoint of most of the Jedi (again, Vos probably being the most prominent exception) is of clones as people. That's one of the things that makes them the "good guys" here. To reduce a person to "just a clone" goes against their views (and I'm pretty sure even Vos wasn't like that).

14. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    I guess I picked up his dislike of the clones by the way he looks at them. I don't think he thinks too much of them because they came from Jango and he tried to kill him? wouldn't that make you not trust them? Mace is not an idiot, he knows the clones are two faced and he doesn't trust them, you can just tell from his attitude around them..he treats them like robots, unlike YODA..I never heard Mace say anything good about clones, have you?

15. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I remember Mace wondering about how him and Jango would get along under different circumstances in Shatterpoint when he is interacting with one of his clone soldiers, or at least I think i do. I don't think that Windu had much beef with the clones.

16. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    If Mace liked the clones he would have taken them to arrest Palpatine in ROTS. Mace kinda avoids the clones directly, guess i'm the only one who has noticed that.

17. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Taking clones along to arrest a Sith would be foolhardy. I have no problems with Mace working Solo with his clones doing other things, but he does use them, unlike some of the others mentioned and rahm kota.

18. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    Well, Obi Wan works very closely with Cody. Anakin works closely with REX. I don't see any clone working closely with Mace. He went to Dantooine all by himself too. Mace has no love for the clones..he actually prefers to work alone or along jedi. Would you agree?

19. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    To answer your question, no, I don't much fancy the old 2D cartoons. But please let's leave it at that, I'm sick and tired of the old "TCW vs CW" argument.

If this is the first year of the war, Boba is just 10 years old, not 12. Check the chronology. They'll have to change his birthdate or throw this episode further down the timeline if they want to make Boba older. So, yeah, having a seasoned Jedi Master open a can of whoopass on a 10-year old kid isn't really the greates display of awesomeness...

I don't think Mace has anything particularly against the clones. He might not love them, but his glaring at them means nothing, that's how he looks at everybody! Just because he's a bit of a loner, it doesn't mean he hates clones.

20. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    Gry, I agree with you that the cw cartoons were a bit akward. Strange in a way. but so have CW comics from Dark Horse. THe clone wars needed some time to adjust and find its place. I think lucas was experimenting with the 2d cartoon and wanted to take it further. However, about Mace, I think they have him wrong in this new 3d series and had him right in the 2d series. Tartovosky, had his attitude right in that dantooine episode..he was sam jackson in the 2d series. in this show he's like some old jedi council guy just hanging around watching everyone else. So, ill leave it at that with the old CW series, obviously you're not a fan. I think it wouls be awsome to see Mace choke or force push Boba in this new series, just to show that Mace means business..as sam does in all his movie.

21. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Sorry, but I don't understand that statement since Force powers are used in almost every episode. Jumping, levitation, push/ pull, mind reading, mind melting are just some of the many featured on the series so far.

:confused:

22. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You haven't seen TCW, then, Binks. Well, not enough. :p
    Many times when the Jedi could do a good Force push, pull, throw, they don't even bother.

23. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Windu wasn't alone on Dantooine, he was there with a clone army. Windu isn't in the field often enough to have a clone buddy working alongside him.

I do agree that he would rather work with his fellow Jedi, but I don't agree that he has no love for the clones.

24. clonewarsfan

Mar 20, 2010
    He had no love for Jango...why would he have love for the clones? He see's that they are a problem. I think that of all the Jedi, only Mace knew they would turn. He's the guy that decapitated the clone template. I mean come on. lol. Do you think he wanted the creation of the clone army? NO!!! In AOTC you can tell that he's afraid when he hears of the creation of the clone army. He's not too happy about it.

25. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Oh, so that's what you were driving at.
    Yes, there have been a couple of Force inconsistencies but for the sake of entertainment, I can let most of them slide.

Obi Wan not being able to stop the Mandalorian terrorist from committing suicide and
    Obi Wan with his Lightsaber being almost bested by the Death Watch Leader with his Darksaber were two instances where I thought, "Hang on."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.