main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Obi-Wan ever get his Padawan?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GenitalGrievous, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenitalGrievous

GenitalGrievous Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2008
    In the CW movie, he specifically requested a Padawan, who was given to Anakin. Obviously, the Council decided that a Padawan would do Anakin some good. Nevertheless, there is still a need for new Jedi. So where is Obi-Wan's new Padawan?

2. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I don't think he actually requested a Padawan for himself, I think that was just for show. Seems like it was all a plan to surprise Anakin with a Padawan.
    Maybe he's sworn off taking any more Padawans, after Anakin..[face_plain]

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Awww, maybe he gets a little cute Padawan guy and then Ahsoka will have a boyfriend.[face_beatup]

That, or he's sworn off taking any more Padawans after seeing what Anakin got stuck with...

4. GenitalGrievous

GenitalGrievous Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2008
    To me, it seemed that he was as surprised as Anakin, but played along once he knew what Yoda was doing. I don't like the idea of Obi-Wan getting too drawn into all of that damn Council deceit, like they tried to do in ROTS. I'm sick of the "manipulative, decietful Kenobi" meme.

Nevertheless, the situation as desperate as it is, it would still make sense for him to take a Padawan. I like the idea of Obi-Wan having another Padawan before the end of the Order. It would show that he really have moved on from Anakin.

5. eukaryote

eukaryote Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 21, 2008
    That was my impression as well. Telling Anakin that he should put in a request for one, that he'd make a good teacher, the "teaching is a privilege" part, the smirk... and Anakin's quote, "You know, something tells me that this was your idea from the beginning" or something along those lines. Just made it sound set up to me.

Whether it was just a show or not, I hope he doesn't get one. Then we'd have two characters that would need to mysteriously disappear before RotS.

6. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    ,,Whether it was just a show or not, I hope he doesn't get one,,

He is still watchig over Anakin.

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Obi-Wan doesn't get a Padawan because Obi-Wan is barely in the show...

8. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    Sadly, you're right. My favorite character in the PT and all he does is the occassional hologram cameo.

9. goraq

May 15, 2008

,,Sadly, you're right. My favorite character in the PT and all he does is the occassional hologram cameo.,,

Gor was barely in it or Cody.

Bu obi wan,come on folks i guess you are overdramatizing this.

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004

No, he won't.

11. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    [face_laugh]

12. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    Obi-wan may already have a padawan learner and we might not know about it. They train in between hologram sessions!

13. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Not by much.
    He has his moments in the movie, but still not nearly as much screentime as A&A - he just makes up for it by sheer awesomeness.
    In the show itself he really only does say Hello from time to time - Destroy Malevolence, despite containing more of said awesomeness, can't quite make up for it.
    I'd already be happy if those Hellos were longer and had a little more meaning and substance.

14. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004

I sure hope not. It takes away the connection Anakin and Obi Wan have as a "father-son" "brothers" thing going on.

I think he just expected he was going to get another Padawan seeing as he successfully trained Anakin and they needed more Jedi on the fields.

15. Shadow555

Shadow555 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    I don't think he was ever going to get a new padawan. I think he just said that in the movie to cast some foreshadowing for Anakin's padawan Ahsoka.

16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope he does. It would add more depth as to why he's a Jedi Master. Plus, I always felt he had more than just Anakin.

17. goraq

May 15, 2008
    ,,Plus, I always felt he had more than just Anakin.,,

He got Luke,one of the greatest jedi in the light side,and Vader ,one of the gratest Sith Lords.

Isnt that enough?

18. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Quite frankly, with his service in the war, where would he find the time to properly train a padawan? This is why I really don't like the idea of Anakin having one, but I know they added Ahsoka because they needed a character that could identify with kids.

19. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Funny that a 'character for kids' wasn't needed in the Tartakovsky cartoons. I don't disagree, but mostly I think they brought Ahsoka into the show to be a new highlight to Star Wars. I mean, they're gonna make another Clone Wars show, it can't just be 'Clone Wars in 3D'. It had to have something noticeably new besides the change in animation. So we got Ahsoka.
    Anyway, I also hope Obi-Wan doesn't get a Padawan. He's still got Anakin, and Anakin's Padawan, to look out for and boss around.

20. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Technically, Luke does become his padawan, of course it's 20 years down the road..

21. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

Bad voice actor.
    Bad dialogue.
    His face is as lifeless as a carcass after having been run over repeatedly by a bulldozer a dozen times.
    No character interaction.

I'd fire CW Obi Wan from the cast of my own tv show. "Sheer awesomeness" my bum.

22. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    If Anakin was forced to have a Padawan even though he didn't want to be a teacher, then Obi-Wan should definitely get one, because he explicitly loved teaching. In the CW movie, Obi-Wan was shown excited about getting a new Padawan and surprised when one didn't arrive. To say Obi-Wan was acting in the CW movie when he said he was expecting a Padawan makes zero sense: what the heck would be the point of such a ruse? Anakin was told that the Council had assigned him one, anyway.

But we're missing the point: the fact that these two knights were given Padawans at all is just a marketing given, not a logical story development. Ahsoka was awkwardly forced into the SW universe only to provide romantic tension with Anakin, generating sex appeal for young male (and female) viewers.

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    He won't get a new Padawan because there would be no point. We already have the sassy young newcomer in Ahsoka, we don't need another one.

Because of Ahsoka, we get less Obi-Wan/Anakin interaction, which IMHO is one of the best parts of the PT.

24. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    ...sex appeal? She's 11 for Force's Sake!

25. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

That's exactly the problem. She needs to be at least 3 years younger to be at all attractive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.