main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Obi-Wan ever get his Padawan?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by GenitalGrievous, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Don't snap at me, dude. I ain't the one who created the character and dressed her like that.

BTW, I think I answered the OP's question in the post, too. But I guess that's not important.

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I wasn't even talking to you. I was making a general observation about the character.

3. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Ah, I see. I thought you were making a sarcastic comment.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Another reason why he should have an apprentice. It would explain why he isn't around that much because, he's off training a new apprentice. It doesn't make sense to see a jedi knight have an apprentice, but not a jedi master.

It would justify what he said in ANH, too. Yeah, yeah, we all know that he meant Vader and Skywalker were seperate people, but we all felt he had trained several during his time. Plus, I would like to see Obi-Wan more in the limelight, and showcasing him with a new apprentice would add more depth to his character, and to his legend as a jedi master.

I would also like to see more of a friend relationship with Bail Organna and the Alderaan system. This would add more credibility between the two characters, and show what happens to Alderaan during the clone wars.

5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Obi-Wan doesn't need one, he has been a main character for the last few weeks.

6. LordHibbidyhai

LordHibbidyhai Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    Obi-wan doesn't need a new padawan. he just needs to show up more.

Just a thought, but maybe an episode where obi-wan has to go rescue a bunch of orphaned padawans who's masters have all died would be a good idea.

7. DarthKruul

DarthKruul Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2009
    It wont be a problem if obi-wan will get padawan but after 3-4 episodes later he/she will die

8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That's a good idea. But, I still think he should have his own.

9. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    It would just be another unnecessary character who's not in or mentioned in RotS, for another mysterious reason. I don't want Obi-Wan to have his own 'Ahsoka'.. No thanks, one is enough.
    And right now I think Anakin and Ahsoka are both sort of serving as students to Obi-Wan anyway, since the three are often working together and he's the one in charge, and with the most experience.

10. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Exactly.

11. scarlet_shiv

scarlet_shiv Jedi Master star 1

Jun 14, 2008
    Yeah, I have been pretty disappointed with the TCW in that aspect. The ROTS novelization made it seem like they were almost always together, a team.

12. AaronKenobi

AaronKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    The only thing that has dissapointed me with the series is that we don't get to see enough of Obi-wan. What we need is an episode or two were Obi-wan is alone(Mace, Kit, and Yoda have all gotten their own episodes without Anakin or Ashoka) or with another Jedi other then Anakin. A Obi-wan and Plo Koon episode would be great, heck do an episode were Obi-wan and Plo have to save Anakin and Ashoka who we don't see till the end. Plus more Obi-wan means more Cody, who we haven't seen since Rookies.

13. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, the novel's emphasis on the Skywalker/Kenobi team does seem a little weird now that we know Anakin was with Ahsoka so much.

14. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Agreed!

15. Darth_Comrade

Darth_Comrade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2009
    It's still a bit early for anyone to be disappointed with this series- how many episodes has it been? Fifteen? Out of what, like...five seasons?

I'm quite positive there'll be a variety of episodes. Obi Wan will have his moment to shine, I'm sure. ;)

Actually, I do recall hearing rumors that there will be an episode that will put him in a position we haven't seen before- something about his past, I think.

16. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    If it hasn't become clear since 1999, some people were born disappointed. They wake up everyday disappointed.

17. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    I know Obi-Wan was telling a whole lot of untruths to Luke in ANH but if he did have another padawan it might lead into him saying how Vader was "a pupil of mine" which makes it sound like he had more than one. So if he really did have more than one apprentice it could make his statement more true, thus showing how he mixed lies with the truth to come up with his 'certain point of view' story.

We already have the sassy young newcomer in Ahsoka, we don't need another one.

Perhaps Obi-Wan's new apprentice could be an older padawan, one whose original master was killed in the war so Obi-Wan takes over his training to finish it off. Then it would make more sense that he would be able to train a padawan whilst on active service during the war. He wouldn't be teaching the basics, but rather supervising his pupil before he becomes a knight. So it could be a bit like Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in TPM, where Obi-Wan was almost a knight and was more gaining experience under his master's guidance than actually still being taught as a younger apprentice would be.

So then Obi-Wan's new padawan could be a smarmy smart alec who always does what he's told by his master, unlike the reckless Anakin. So Anakin could become jealous as he sees them getting on very well because it seems to him that now Obi-Wan's got the sort of apprentice he always wanted, not a difficult student like Anakin that he just had to put up with.

18. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Life is Dukkah.

Edit: It's suffering (ie: Dukkah) not a middle-eastern spice-blend (Dukka.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.