main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Rebels introduce Vader's apprentice?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DANNASUK, Aug 25, 2014.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Something that has been discussed, briefly, in pockets on the forums; will Rebels make an apprentice for Darth Vader?

In the EU, there were several including Lumiya and TFU introduced Starkiller - both (EU and TFU) are no longer considered canon. I will be surprised if no apprentice is created, especially after TCW created one for Anakin.

Even though the Inquisitor is the main villain, what are the chances of a secret apprentice?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    Yeah, I definitely think its possible, but I dont know how likely.

3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    *IF* it does happen, I suspect we won't see them until Season 2 or 3.

Trebor Sabreon and mes520 like this.
  4. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    Oh defintely. I suspect it would be something like the Darth Maul revival. Like a really big story arc.

mes520 likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, agreed.

I'm wondering if it will be someone we know or a completely know character will be created.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't really want to see it happen.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I can understand why, but I think Rebels will inevitably create one. Granted, there will be issues if an apprentice lives past Rebels and is around during the OT.

8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If it happens at all I hope it's Starkiller.

Because IIRC he was GL's baby. As such he should be canon.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    From what I understand the Inquisitor in Rebels received his Force Training from Vader so if this is the case he IS Vader's apprentice.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The Inquisitor is an official position within the Empire; he's not a Sith apprentice.

11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Well Ahsoka is no longer his apprentice, looks like he needs a new one then.

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Lady_Misty likes this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    There are some things I rather liked about Starkiller, others, not so much.

I know some love the story of the first TFU, and some hate it, but personally (though I was at first resistant to seeing Jedi helping to facilitate the meetings between the founders of the Alliance), in the end, I read the book and quite enjoyed it.

But then there are the things I would definitely need to see addressed before I'd want to see Galen Marek return to canon. I imagine stripping down the video game-level powers would be a no-brainer, but that would be an absolute must for me. That, and the idea that Marek outright defeated Vader and stood toe-to-toe with the Emperor were things which never sat entirely well with me. And don't get me started on TFUII.

But in the end, I think there is the germ of a good character (and, in giving Vader a secret Apprentice, a pretty good idea, in general) there. And I quite like Sam Witwer, so it would make me happy to see Starkiller return just for that reason, alone.

But in the end, it's the reason you give - the fact that the creation of Galen Marek was not only supervised by George Lucas, but included much direct input from the man, himself - that makes me think that, if we ever do see Darth Vader with an Apprentice of his own, perhaps Starkiller ought to be given first consideration.

However, if we ever do learn that Vader has a canon Apprentice, will it be in Rebels? Something tells me that, no, this series will not be the vehicle where that character is introduced.

But what do I know? :p

14. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    What if it was Darth Maul????

15. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    ...no.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Darth Maul has nothing to do with Vader, and is a rival Sith Lord not a would be Sith apprentice.

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I have a question. Are Sith Inquisitors the same as Emperors Hands in terms of ability and what they do? Sorry if this is a stupid question or something. I'm just curious.

18. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Ish. Their purpose is to hunt down Force-sensitives, Jedi or otherwise, and either convert or kill them. The Hands purpose was to do whatever Palpy wanted to get done that required more stealth than Vader is capable of.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They are essentially the same as Hands of either Vader's or the Emperor's from the EU( the term Inquisitor rank was already in use in the EU).

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/07/inquisitor-thoughts-agenda-ambition/

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/08/slashfilm-interviews-dave-filoni-discusses-inquisitor/

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  20. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I like the various overlapping Imperial organizations because they remind me of how the Nazis had like 5 different groups with the same purpose competing with each other.

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Kablob Vorax

Thanks. That clears it up for me. I appreciate the help.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I really hope Rebels doesn't give Vader an apprentice.

Enough already with "Where the hell did that character come from who is close to Vader but not mentioned in any film."

23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd love to see a Rebels / TFU crossover, I really enjoyed the story and think it would make for some great animation. Lucas approved that storyline and helped guide it, so I'd rather see Starkiller over someone new.

24. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Maybe Barris will be his apprentice :)

25. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    After their encounter in the clone wars? There's no way Vader is gonna be down with that.