main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Will Rex die in Season 4?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by seCrawler, Jun 24, 2011.

1. seCrawler

seCrawler Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2011
    Hope not but any thoughts.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope not as well, but it's possible. I have a hard time envisioning him marching onto the Temple with the 501st in ROTS.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  5. seCrawler

seCrawler Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2011
    Thanks, I didn't see it.

6. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    With George's love of samurai movies, someone probably will. Bad stuff happening when the number four comes around is almost obligatory in Japanese media.

7. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I have no doubt that he will die in the series, but I don't think it will be as early as S4.

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I highly doubt it. More than likely his fate is connected to Ahsoka and Season 4 is way too early for that to happen.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Wouldn't be so sure but yes sounds like bit early but well they have been too hasty before- like Ventress- too soon they made Dooku to abandon her....

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  11. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
  12. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I kinda hope so, along with Bane and any other villain whose fate needs to be closed by the time ROTS happens. That way Season 5 could focus on the Outer Rim Sieges as seen in ROTS.

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've already expressed my thoughts on the subject enough times to sound insane....

I think its to early for Rex to die. But season 4 is pretty up in the air for him. I'm confident he won't get cut down by Savage. Its the clone-centric arc Dee Baker was talking about which interests me and is a concern for Rex and his men. Rex is Dee Baker's second favorite Clone next to Cut and Baker said he didn't like the arc. Either Rex and a few others like Jesse and Fives will die since it sounds plural, or something Order 66 related will happen. I'm thinking of the gladiator seen from the Wondercon trailer. But there are only a few things we really know about Season 4.

I would actually like to see Rex pushed into the background or promoted so that Fives could take over his spotlight for a while. At this point Fives has one of the better character arcs going and I'd like to see him further developed and given chances to interact with characters besides Rex and Cody now that the rest of Domino Squad has fallen. I see alot of potential there, his demeanor in the 1st preview was interesting, and I pray its not wasted by them killing him. But I recognize its war and its realistic that none of Domino Squad survives.

14. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    I always imagined they would juxtapose Rex against Cody turn Order 66. We've had episodes with Rex seeing he can leave the Clone Army.

I see Rex and Cody as extensions of Anakin and Obi-Wan. I've always seen Rex as mirroring Anakin in that he's rebellious, to an extent (he didn't turn in Laquaine for instance). I've always seen Cody as mirroring Obi-Wan, by the the book. When Order 66 hits, Cody follows the rules as he should, according to his teachings, and I'm hoping that Rex acts like Anakin and makes his own path which is incidentally the right one, unlike Anakin.

I see Rex as either surviving Order 66 or dying a heroic death not execute Order 66.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I have a strong feeling that something special will happen to the Rex during this season- either he dies or deserts or we see foreshadowing of his fate at least...

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well seeing as no-one wants to relocate to the official Rex thread, I'll add my thoughts for what they're worth.

I'd prefer Rex to execute Order 66 than go cold turkey. He has twin pistols for a reason - for badass executions on unsuspecting Jedi.[face_skull]

17. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Honestly if there was an episode coming up which contained Rex or Ahsoka's death, Star Wars Insider would let us know months in advance. And we'd see their bodies in a preview clip.
    And then Dave Filoni would make a commentary about the episode in which he draws attention to a picture in the background.

So for the time being, I don?t think we have anything to worry about?:p

18. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    It's too early.

The show is going at least 6 seasons it seems and they won't kill of their most marketable character yet.

Ahsoka and Rex are safe for at least the next 2 seasons.

19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I would prefer if Rex refused to carry out Order 66 or something and he was gunned down by other clones as a traitor to the Empire. For him to carry out Order 66 would be uncharacteristic, if he was like that he would have turned Cut in, simple as that.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    They would never spoil something on that scale. Think it through. Why would they want to ruin a surprise like that instead of keeping quiet about it? Fans of the characters would lose interest in the show if they knew months in advance that their favourite character was getting killed off, which means less money for LFL. Plus knowing in advance that someone was going to die would have a detrimental effect on the emotional impact of their actual death scene when it came around. A leaked spoiler like that would be catastrophic for them. It'd be suicide.

/rant

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I cannot see Rex carrying out order 66 and i think he dies before that- or deserts or something

they probably wouldn't spoil that either but well i can be wrong about that- they spoil everything

22. seCrawler

seCrawler Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2011
    So, when is order 66 during the clone wars TV show? Seasonn 5? Basically, Rex can stay around up until that pt.

23. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    No, show is going to be around longer than most expected, we are probably going to get 6 seasons at leeast.

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm thinking season 6 or 7 toward the end of the series is when order 66 would happen or be near happening. This is my personal theory because I think Lucas is actually shooting for around 150 episodes so syndication rights will be marketable for TCW. I don't see how it could be stretched to 200...

I don't know what TCW will do with Rex, Ahsoka, and other original character but I do think people often under estimate how dark TCW is willing to get. They don't have to do anything by order 66, although I would like it.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Meh. Maybe they'll do a cinematic cut to end credits as Rex pulls the trigger on Ahsoka.