Clone Wars Will Rex die in Season 4?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by seCrawler, Jun 24, 2011.

1. sacharias Jedi Knight

star 2
    Exactly - I do too, and that would make such a scene all the more powerful. Especially because unlike Obi-Wan vs Anakin, where Ani has been so distorted and manipulated there's not much love left for him, Cody would be "less evil" - he hasn't done anything "wrong" by a clone's standard. I could easily see them verbally sparring at the same time, having almost a Cut/Rex or Rex/Fives convo, but while throwing punches.

What would be really powerful would be if Cody gets the upper hand (maybe gets a hold of a blaster), but at the last minute, lets Rex go.

But he would have tried. :p That cracked me up.

Actually, I think the tentative plan is at least six seasons - Dave F referred to S4 as marking what will probably be the second half of the series (1,2,3, & 4,5,6).

I wish someone could rename this topic and make it the official Rex thread, since that's really all it is now.
  2. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    There's that Cody redemption thing again. That would be a powerful and cool moment in the show.

Rex: "Well there's your problem evil trees and glowing fairy thing. Waste them!"
    3P0: "But what about the riddle? I've almost figured it out!
    Hardcase: "The anwser is blow **** up. Fairy freak won't be walking and talking then."

Eh, the point is both Cody and Rex would of tried. Rex just would of tried harder. Really if clones were going to go with 3P0 and Artoo in "Mercy Mission" or replace them the 212th would of been the best choice for the episode because they had Waxer and Boil. They could have gone all the way. Ofcourse that'd all fall apart as well if the glowing fairy tried to eat them.
  3. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I see, thanks. And those are my thoughts too on potential Rex and Cody showdowns. :cool:
  4. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Which one would you put your money on? Cody vs. Rex.
  5. sacharias Jedi Knight

star 2
    Are you kidding me? Rexter FTW!

More pragmatically, I don't know, to be honest. Somehow I think Rex is more physically capable of the two, maybe because of his lower rank, he spends more time "hands on" than a Commander would. Of course we're talking about clones of Jango Fett, here - the difference would be minuscule.

For TCW's purposes, I think Rex is the obvious winner.
  6. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    Never again.
  7. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Considering that one of those characters is in episode 3 and the other isn't...[face_whistling]
  8. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    [image=http://www.mylinuxisp.com/~blawrence/i-see-what-you-did-there2.jpg]
  9. sacharias Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmm? Seerow used that nickname first. Why do I get the dumb looks? :p

10. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    [image=http://www.ximages.net/images/81386449377137394823.gif]

Because GG won't mess with me. =P

@sacharias,
    I dunno. Cody was the better one in a fist fight back in "The Hidden Enemy" but that was some time ago. Rex would outsmart him anyways. You can't really clone intelligence apparently.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I used to watch Rexter's Rab when I was a kid with my dog.
  12. Coric Force Ghost

star 4
    Aw Rexter has been used in TCW hasn't it? I swear Ahsoka has called him Rexter somewhere...

If Ahsoka can be Snips and Anakin Skyguy why can't Rex be Rexter? [face_laugh]

I've heard Rexy, Rexster.. petnames petnames..
  13. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I remember a certain 'Rexter fangirl'... [face_whistling]:p
  14. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I will not stop using the petname.

I only remember hearing Rexter once in "Downfall of a Droid". Never Rexy. lol that sounds like sexy and so comically feminine. xD
  15. sacharias Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yep, from "Downfall of a Droid.":
    Funny thing is, I didn't remember that line at all. I've heard it second hand, and I always figured it would be a nickname Ahsoka would use for Rex during off time, but I didn't realize it was actually canonical. :p

Though.. wow. They've come a long way with facial expressions since Season 1 [face_hypnotized] I almost laughed at how Rex smiles and rolls his eyes when Ahsoka compliments him.
  16. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Damn. I forgot how much I despised Ahsoka in S1...

That nickname would be enough for Rex to kill Ahsoka anyway, even if he is independent-minded enough to question Order 66.
  17. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I don't remember Rex smiling and rolling his eyes. Infact I remember him just staying stoic as ever and saying - "I was just doing my duty."

Peter Griffen would like that episode.
  18. Coric Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_blush] Still am.. still am.. I'm more tame now though. :p
  19. sacharias Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's actually why I brought up that moment - while Ahsoka's speaking, Rex is smiling down at her and rolls his eyes. Then in the very next shot he's facing away from her with his stoic "duty" statement. Very abrupt transition.

But he smiles again when he says "It was your plan that won the day." I don't think Rexter was ever quite as stoic as he looks.

Again, I don't think Rex was ever quite as stoic as he appears. And I think especially in Season 1, he showed a lot of affection for Ahsoka (in comparison to his usual mannerisms). As the show has gone on and all the characters have grown, he treats her more professionally.
  20. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    ^When I watch the clip. Rex closes his eyes and shakes his head when Ahsoka says -- "Rexter saved your skin". -- He doesn't do anything else.
  21. Darth_Gamek Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  22. sacharias Jedi Knight

star 2
    My bad. Yeah, he shakes his head, he doesn't roll his eyes. He does that in "Plan of Dissent." :p

But I call that face he made a smile. Just sayin...
  23. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    ^His silent reactions while Krell was yelling at Fives, Jesse, and Hardcase after they trashed the hanger was pretty funny.

And people are gonna see what they whanna see I guess. =b
  24. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Of course Cody would survive any fight they had because he's in ROTS. But that wouldn't mean Rex lost either... it wouldn't have to be a fight to the death.

The more I think about it (referencing some earlier conversations in this thread), I don't think Rex or Ahsoka will die in this show... even if I think Ahsoka should in order to best serve the larger plot.
  25. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    ^I never said fight to the death. Obviously Cody can't die. He could still get beat to within an inch of his life in an episode though. If only that would happen to Padme. <<;

I think whether Rex dies in the series depends on how long the show runs. I think they will kill him off if it ends before ROTS. If they overlap I can see Rex surviving the series. The reason I think this is because he's a big question mark and its easier for the kids to except his death than wondering how many Jedi he killed. Desertion anytime earlier than Order 66 is kinda anti-climatic and makes him seem like less of a hero than going down fighting to his last breath. When and if he goes down, the series will more than likely capitalize on it.