Clone Wars Will Rex die in Season 4?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by seCrawler, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    You probably have to wait till nex season for that.
  2. Cyclone Jedi Master

star 1
    My guess is that Rex will die. I would have said, "Not in the first three seasons". But now that we are into season 4, I can see him getting dramatically retired. Oh, and Ahsoka also. I would not expect them to share the same face (ie being killed in the same event), but I also would not rule that out.

I guess that we just have to wait and see.
  3. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I hope Anakin will be punished necause of the way he deals with the disguised Obi Wan and Ahsoka will be reassigned to Plo Koon.
  4. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Its to bad the fanservice of Rex epicly dispatching the slaver supervisor probably served as a send off for the character this season. I miss when Rex was a regular supporting character and it sucks when TCW takes the clones out of The Clone Wars. I think a clone who knows Obi-wan such as Rex would be very dangerous to his disguise so it makes since to leave him out, I'll be pleasantly surprised if I see him tonight. Rex IMO needs the chance to experience Anakin's darkside right along with Ahsoka in arcs such as this prison break/bounty hunter one.
  5. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    I kind of expect that it would be hyped up if a major character were to die, to boost ratings. Now granted, I'm not saying "tune into TCW to see Ahsoka/Rex die" kind of advertising, but some kind of hype like "we'll be saying goodbye to one of our favorite characters this season." Or something like that.

If I turned on the TV and watched an average episode (in regards to hype) and Rex all of a sudden dies, I'd be surprised.
  6. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I don't think Rex's fate will be delt with until the end of the series. In DBB's last interview in The Insider he pretty much confirmed Rex does not have an experation date for now. My post from the regular Rex thread.

7. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3

He had a 4 ep arc, give him a break.
  8. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
  9. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    We can definetly say he survived.
  10. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 5
    Survive Season 4, yes. I think that's been the consensus for a while, but the thread title is a little old. It sounds like Rex will be around until the finale... and then, I think, we'll either see him desert due to Order 66 or get killed in the process of going against it (maybe in a firefight with other clones while saving Ahsoka... Fives may share Rex's fate at that time, I think).
  11. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, I think the cameo in "Friends and Enemies" is the last we'll see of Rex this season. I think Rex is gonna be with us for the long haul following DBB's interview in The Insider. Also after finally watching the old commentary on the season 1 blu-ray (Wow for a show that's so totally lame everyone and their mom seems to want to borrow my blu-rays) and seeing Filoni's recent facebook post where he talked about the possibility of order 66 in the show. I am really leaning toward Rex ending up an example of what happens to a clone that does not follow order 66. Rex will stay a hero to preserve his marketability to the kiddies.