main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Rey be more powerful than Luke?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by darthOB1, Feb 12, 2016.

1. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    haters gonna hate. Besides it would detract from topic of this thread.

kip73 likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I personally think we just have another Chosen One at hand, even if she will be called by another title or they will describe her powers in more vague terms. Like telling us over and over how special she is. This is kinda what TFA did already. Also, MSW had reported how Rey was called "special" again and again in the script. She's not just your run of the mill force user, she's special-er. Right now she seems like a pure wish-fulfillment character which is btw. not the same as a Mary Sue. Wish fulfillment characters can still be flawed while Marys are perfect in pretty much every way.

So long story short, she will surpass Luke eventually.

QueenSabe7 and Bullhead CIty like this.
  3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Since there is not much to discuss yet, please share it, even if it sounds crazy. :)

kip73 likes this.
  4. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    darthOB1 even if you think it's dumb go ahead!

nightangel likes this.
  5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Please go on ..... what a thrill[face_nail_biting]

6. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    Ok
    nightangel kip73
    I believe she will be the mother of the chosen one, Rey will become the grandmother of Luke and Leia mother of Anakin.
    I don't think the casting choice of Daisy Ridley, who happens to looks exactly like a younger Pernilla August, was mere coincidence.

Many believe time travel has no place in Star Wars. Yet they have no issue with force users ability to see things in the future and in the past, so why would it be unimaginable for a powerful force user to take it one step further? Shmi was comfortable as a slave on a desert planet something Rey is struggling to run away from. So, the question is, when does she become pregnant? This can go 2 ways. 1) before she goes back in time, in an effort to save the child. 2) after she goes back in time, and the force creates him in order to bring balance. Luke will somehow know, as the haunted look of recognition on Ahch-to lends to the idea that he knows who she is. He eventually warns her of the consequences of willing herself out of time. Loss of all power and knowledge of the force...... Anyway I'll admit it's way out there and still trying to justify it in my mind.

Like I said haters are going to hate, but I have a gut feeling that this is the direction it may go. Rey being related to Ben as a sister or cousin is just too predictable. Being his great grandmother would be a huge nearly ;) unpredictable twist!

Bullhead CIty likes this.
  7. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    ok this sounds more like Looper and as others said, Rian would get a lot critics with copying his other movie. What would be the end of this situation? Rey killing herself so that Anakin is never born and so there won't be Luke&Leia&Ben&no Skywalker's? o_O

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    She better not be.

9. darthOB1

Mar 22, 2000
    No. Obviously Anakin was already born, that is a done deal. We can talk paradoxes all we want, but Anakin must be born.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Rey will become so powerful that she'll open a rift into the Fade causing evil Sith demons to spill out.

11. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Rey the mother of Anakin through time travel? It could work.

12. Brando_Calrissian

Brando_Calrissian Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2015
    Rey as a character could be stronger than Luke. As long as she can keep her emotions in check. However during the lightsaber fight with Kylo it looked like was able to use her emotions to her advantage in that situation. She will have Luke's guidance so she will be stronger than she was in Force Awakens. how much stronger though? It's anyone's guess.

13. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    She may or may not end up being more powerful than Luke. But whatever happens, she will never surpass the power of Old Republic Jedi Master Bieber.

[​IMG]

jimmycrank, nightangel and Dra--- like this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Sorry, but that's tooo mu.........
    [​IMG]

MeBeJedi and arjank like this.
  15. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I'm sorry, but the definition of Mary Sue's are just that: Wish-fulfillment characters. Obviously, Rey does not have any flaws except having a troubled past.

Story-wise, to make everything make sense at the moment they have two options IMHO:
    Option 1# Rey is Luke's daughter but she is not more powerful, but could possibly become almost equal
    Option 2# Rey is not Luke's daughter, so therefore she is more powerful.

16. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Depends on you're Definition of "Powerful" Really.....

I think Rey will almost Certainly become a better Duelist than Luke....I kinda hope she uses something different than your standard single Lightsaber But I doubt it.

But stronger in the Force??? I don't think so, Not until she's much older (like if they done Episodes X to XII).

I'm hoping we'll See Luke has become really strong in the Force, doing some great stuff we haven't seen before, I mean if not....what has he been doing all these years at the Original Jedi Temple?!?!? I hope he's still a good Duelist, But I think his strength in the force has to be the main component of his power, Sort of like how Yoda was in ESB, But a bit more Badass

nightangel likes this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Not true.

Urban Dictionary:
    While all Mary Sue's are also wish fulfillment characters, not all wish fulfillment characters are Mary Sue. Rey at points seemed impatient (immediately attacking Finn just because he's wearing the wrong jacket) and made some rash mistakes (running into the woods alone, letting the Rathars free). She is not perfect and thus not a Mary Sue. But I admit she seems close to being one as especially the part of upstaging other characters applies to her. They should have her struggle with personal flaws in the next movies.

18. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    While it's helpful in some areas, I don't put faith in Urban Dictionary. Career Building Through Fan Fiction Writing clearly says that Mary Sues are wish fulfillment characters.

Besides, now you're saying "While all Mary Sue's are also wish fulfillment characters, not all wish fulfillment characters are Mary Sue." Before you just said that Mary Sues are not wish-fullfittment character, and that Rey is not a Mary Sue because she is a wish-fulfillment character. You just changed your mind in one post.

Anyway, Rey so-called impatience is not shown that much. Actually, she seems to be quite patient in many more scenes - for example when she uses the jedi mind trick.

19. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    She could be a daughter of Luke with another force sensitive, so this opens the possibility that she becomes more powerful too. ;)

20. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    OK, so...

Option 3# Rey is Luke and Laura Dern's daughter. Laura Dern is a Jedi and therefore the "Another" that Yoda speaks about in ROTJ. However, Laura Dern died in the massacre and will only show up in flashback scenes and as a Force ghost.

nightangel likes this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    What I meant is that they are not the same terms but they have different meanings. But whatever. I guess Mary Sue is such a vague term that it makes no sense to fight over it. If you call her a Sue, I have no problems with it, even if I think she is just a wish-fulfillment character.

22. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Too-Gon Onbourbon Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    I don't know but would guess she may have similar or even more potential.

I don't care if she does but if she is and isn't a Skywalker, I hope her midichlorian count is zero and then we throw away the meter forever.

23. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I hope that word never comes up again in a Star Wars film!

24. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Midichlorians, midichlorians, in my blood, tell me who's the most powerful one in the hood....

25. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015

Luke: Do you want to be trained to become a Jedi?
    Rey:
    [​IMG]

Darth_Pevra, Jonipoon and nightangel like this.