main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Will Rey,Finn and Poe get their own "Thrawn Trilogy" after Episode IX?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Jun 27, 2018.

?

Should Rey,Finn and Poe and co. get their own Thrawn-like trilogy after Ep.9?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2018.
  1. Yes

59.4%
  2. No

46.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shadowrain10

Shadowrain10 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 12, 2017
    I would personally love to see a series of novels that feature the new big three post nine. I really wish that the books were made a tad more important but I understand that the movies need to have the big stories (stupid general audiences complaining about everything), but I wouldn't mind them releasing a series of novels that feature the new characters post the movies.

2. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    What authors can we get to write this new series of SW novels with Rey and co. Post-Episode IX? Timothy Zahn(if it has Thrawn or Thrawn's descendant and the Chiss and the UR),Troy Denning,Chuck Wendig,Daniel Jose Older,Claudia Gray,Kathy Tyers(from the Bantam and NJO days)James Luceno,,Dave Wolverton(The Courtship of Princess Leia) and Matt Stover(Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor).

3. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I would love to see Matthew Stover lend his talents to the new canon. Shatterpoint remains one of my favourite Star Wars novels. I am more than confident that he could handle a trilogy of novels. For me, he really gets in the head of his characters and adds new layers of depth.

Claudia Gray is another top pick and she has proven her ability to write compelling novels centred around a fan-favourite character. I believe that she would be more than up to the task.

I would also suggest Michael A. Stackpole. He penned five of the X-Wing titles as well as the Dark Tide duology from the NJO series, so he has proven that he can take storyline and characters further than the standalone novel. I also enjoyed I, Jedi and would welcome his presence in the new canon.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    DarthJaceus and Iron_lord like this.
  4. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    If you mean "Will Rey, Finn, and Poe star in a decent but overrated trilogy of books that resets them to their Episode VIII personalities, forgets that Star Wars isn't a military science fiction series, and gives the final victory to the author's OCs" then no, I would rather they be spared that.

Ghost and vncredleader like this.
  5. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    When should Rey,Finn,Poe,Rose and BB-8 get their first spin-off set post-Episode 9? Summer or Fall 2020? or Summer or Fall 2021?? They should get some bridge novels set in the possible five year gap between TLJ and Episode IX about their adventures in the Millennium Falcon and the struggling New Rebellion coming perhaps summer 2019 and early spring 2020.

6. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I'm not sure if those actors will like to reprise their roles after IX. Especially so soon after the ST ends. Perhaps in few years, maybe a decade, especially in a case their film careers won't be doing so well.

7. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I meant spin-off novel of Rey,Finn and Poe set after Episode IX. Will it be Spring or Summer of 2020 or Fall of 2020 or Spring or Summer or Fall of 2021? As for movies likely Episodes X-XII. Hopefully 2027-2029 and ending in 2031.

8. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Yeah...I'm inclined to agree.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

MrDarth0 likes this.
  9. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Likely if there will be a post-ST series of novels with Rey and co. It has to be about them fighting off a Grysk invasion armada from the Unknown Regions. If not then definitely Episodes X-XII beginning in 2027. I don't care if they say the Skywalker saga ends in Episode IX. A new era of the SW saga could begin in Episode X coming out in 2027 celebrating the 50th anniversary with the further adventures of Rey,Finn,Poe,BB-8 and Rose fighting a Grysk invasion force/armada.