main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will ROTJ always be the worst Star Wars film?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Duckman, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duckman

Duckman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    I think it will, unless Episode III turns out to be a disaster. The combination of Ewoks and all the main cast looking bored brought it even lower than the PT.

On the other hand, Leia's bikini and the space battle are enough to make it still better than 99% of the films out there :D

2. thedarkpath

thedarkpath Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2003
    What utter drivel.

ROTJ is a considerably better film than the wretched prequels. In fact, many have said that the one good thing about the dreadful prequel trilogy is that it's actually improved their opinion of ROTJ. That's certainly the case for me.

3. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I enjoyed ROTJ.

4. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Good grief. Why must we always focus on the worst film, worst character, worst spieces ad nausium?

The way people go on, you'd almost think the only good part in Star Wars is about 35 seconds in ESB.

5. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    You saying that it isn't :p

6. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Some people ''like'' and ''hate'' some movies because they were ''taught'' to do so.

Pick some guy that knows ---- about SW and show him all 3 OT films. He will either like or hate ALL of them at once. None is so much better than the other.

DLM Edit: It's okay if you use stand-ins for curses, but you have to blank the word out completely.

7. Galactic_Emperor

Galactic_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    "Will ROTJ always be the worst Star Wars film?"

No, it will always be the second worst Star Wars film, after TPM. Nothing beats that.

8. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I like all 5 films, deal with it!

9. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    No.

10. k-man

k-man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    I think we already have an answer to that, considering the TPM.

11. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nah, TPM has always been the worst and always will be unless Lucas changes the story of Episode III and doesnt let Anakin turn to the dark side cos "its not in his character."

12. Master_Akwat_Kbrana

Master_Akwat_Kbrana Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    No, at least not in my opinion. ROTJ has always been and will always be my favorite Star Wars movie, unless Episode III is truly miraculous.

13. Master_Sidious

Master_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    No.

TPM in my opinion, but it was not a bad movie, just not as strong as the others.

If you really think about it, GL had to create a story to fit in Palps and Anakin's beginnings (Palps as a secondary character), and introduce alot of new characters all in one. Yes, we could have done without the JAR JAR flop, but otherwise I still enjoyed it.

(Prepares for TPM bashers ...)

14. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    Urge to kill....rising! Good god...TPM was a GREAT movie! You people don't relize is that it opens up the entire prequil saga. Its not supposed to be all hell bent like the OT. In the OT the rebels have already wared against the empire for a while. But in the PT, its openning up INTO a war. I feel that is with all the others... Theres a bit more eye candy, but the meaning still stands. Also....Jar Jar is a great char.

15. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    How could you consider ROTJ as the worst movie??

OK, the Ewoks aren't that great (I still like them though).

But all the great emotions of that movie, especially the throne room scenes (with the superb Palpatine), Yoda's death, Luke&Leia talk being twins...

IMO, it also had the best space battle.

Too many people are focusing on the negative aspects of ROTJ, TPM, AOTC.

IMO, they are all great movies, especially when you see them as one big story. :)

EDIT: And besides, in ROTJ, Obi-Wan answered your question: "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view"

16. Onnie

Onnie Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2000
    Some people ''like'' and ''hate'' some movies because they were ''taught'' to do so.

You mean I've been brainwashed ALL this time?

That folks on the first night stood up (in standing/sitting room only) and cheered when Vader tossed Palps over the railing, I was actually programed? Or that I felt cold, throughout my being during the duel between Luke and Vader in Bespin. That I huggled up to my father saying I'm scared because it was put into my head?

That when the PT came out, no one even whispered 'WOW' like at the twin sunset? And people actually left during The Menance... they were programmed? Dang, where is my tin hat, even though I haven't had TV for years!

<--- Has a TV for movies/DVD, but refuses to pay for cable... unless it is a modem.

Edit: Double edits, big Ice Storm here so naturally I'm drinking it out hehe ;)

17. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Will ROTJ always be the worst Star Wars film?

Of course not, IMO, RoTJ is my favorite Star Wars movie. And how could you exclude TPM as not being the worst? I mean, it is good and all, but just watch the two one after another and compare, and you will find a little more magic in RoTJ and the OT in general. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it! :p

18. Master_Akwat_Kbrana

Master_Akwat_Kbrana Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    "Some people ''like'' and ''hate'' some movies because they were ''taught'' to do so."

I hate TPM of my own free will. :p

19. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    I don't think ROTJ is the worst Star Wars film.

20. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    I always liked ROTJ better then ANH. But that is me. ?[face_plain]

21. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    My favorite SW film is and always will be ROTJ.

And quoting Master_Akwat_Kbrana, I hate Jar-Jar out of my own free will! :D

22. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    The worst Star Wars film will always be the Holiday Special. Take comfort in that. ;)

23. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Worst star wars film?

I laugh in your general direction.

Ha!

24. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    IMHO, TPM is the worst SW film (apart from the holiday special of course), ESB is the best and the other three fit in somewhere in the middle. As for episode III, we'll just have to wait and see. But I think that people forget that they're all good films - just because TMP doesn't have the magic of the OT doesn't mean that it's not better than most of the films out there.

25. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I always liked ROTJ better then ANH. But that is me.

No, that's just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.