main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will ROTS reveal Palpatine's knowledge of the Chosen One and the Sith point of view concerning him??

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth Sin, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatest16

greatest16 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    Did Sidious know of the chosen one?

Come on people! The key scene is the FIRST time Anakin goes to see the Chancellor after he visited Yoda and missed the report on the outer rim sieges.

After Palpatine told Anakin about him placing Anakin on the jedi councel, they are walking towards the camera and the dialoge goes somethign like this...

Anakin doubtfuly says, "The councel appoints their own masters."

"The councel would be foolish to not make you a member, they need you Anakin," Palpatine says..."More than they know it."

That to me makes me believe he knows of the prophacey. Thats Cannon!

Now in the book, whihc you HAVE TO READ. it tells of the suite that Vader wears is a jewel case and is only there to keep the Sith's most prized POSSION alive...that being the Jedi Chosen one.

Peace

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Actually, that scene probably has to do with the fact that he's praising Anakin's reputation and abilities during the Clone Wars. Remember, he's the Hero Without Fear who managed to kill the Sith Lord Count Dooku and as far as everyone knows, Asajj Ventress. Geonosis, Kamino, Jaibim, Munninlist, Cato Neimoida, Rattak (sp) and Praestlyin. All great victories under his belt.

3. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    DS you missed my last question....

Is he ignorant of the prophecy or does he just not believe it?

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Both. Depends on which version of ROTS you take at face value. If you just favor the movie, then he's ingorant of the Prophecy. He has no clue about it. If you take the novelization as a companion piece to the film, he knows about it, but doesn't think it'll come to pass. So long as Anakin's is a Sith and stays that way, it'll never come true.

5. greatest16

greatest16 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    Sinister,

Your explaination is great. I do have to debate the scene I pulled into question though.

If you listen to the undertone when he speaks those lines you get an errie feeling that he does know of the prophecy. As far back as TPM, I believe Sidious knew of the prophecy and in fact knew that Anakin was the chosen one.

TPM at the end he states hes going to watch his career with "great interest" and I find it hard to believe it has to do with just his victory in the blockade war. It has to be some thing like how Qui-gon sensed Anakin, he HAD to as well. Hes the master of the Sith.

Now if for those that have to have EVERYTHING made plain and simple I agree that he might be ignorant of the prophecy. I do however have to believe that he knows of it and is going to do what he needs to do to stop it from happening. Its a matter of life and death to him. And he can't be ignorant to the prophecy the jedi were talking about it a lot and I am sure Dooku heard of said prophecy while still a Jedi Knight.

If Sidious can read minds even in the mist of the greatest of Jedi's presence, and go undetected I think he knows of the prophecy. BUT I am tainted in that I have read the books many of times and that might have a bearing on my insights.

Thanks for the thought-out posts Lord Sinister. I truely enjoy reading your thoughts on Star Wars.

6. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    If Sisious can read minds even in the mist of the greatest of Jedi's presence,

Sisious.

I'm gonna have to use that one[face_laugh]

7. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    Maybe this is the one that I should have brought back.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:
    I'm bringing this topic back up because I'm curious to know what you guys think about it.

1.Do you think that Sidious believes that Anakin bringing "balance" to the force was eliminating the jedi?

2.Or do you think that he is just trying to "go against" the prophecy?

I personally believe it's number 1, the sith seem to believe everything that the jedi do, except it seems to be a little twisted. And the sith probably do believe in "balance" to the force, but their idea of balance is going to be different than the jedi.

This is the only logical explanation for keeping Vader around, not to mention his comments, "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us".

It seems to me that EVERYONE (not just the jedi) have put a lot of faith in Anakin to fulfill what they believe to be the prophecy.

From this one ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.