main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will ROTS win any MTV awards?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Grievous, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    I really like the possibility of Best Duo and Best Fight being the same two characters.
    Can't really see it being up for best Duo,though. Most of their shared screen-time before Anakin turns is in the early part of the movie,and Obi-Wan's unconscious for some of that.

And no,it doesn't matter,but so what?

2. Maleficentogre

Maleficentogre Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 3, 2005
    It will sweep the MTV awards if all goes according to plan.
    MTV movie awards>oscars.

3. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    I agree

MTV movie awards > Oscars

Sad, but true.

4. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    definately![face_dancing]

5. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    well it's up to us to eliminate the competition then isn't, everything will go as planned, wipe them out all of them.

6. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    Ian McDiarmid, as Palpatine, is a strong contender for Best Villain, but I just saw Red Eye a couple of days ago. All I gotta say is, McDiarmid better watch out for that young whippersnapper Cillian Murphy nipping at his heels!

7. TK-2432

TK-2432 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2005
    NASCAR sucks, who the hell wants to see cars go in circles, bunch of messed up people.

Anyways RotS will win 5 awards.

8. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I am suprised it didn't win anything at the teen choice awards.
    But at the next MTV movie awards, ROTS will definetly win best movie, and best fight.

Good Stuff

9. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Teen Choice Awards = Pre-Teen Girl Awards.

Don't be dissapointed by those results if you cared enough to watch that telecast.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    six years of windiness!

10. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    I think it will win a few awards.

11. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Hopefully Best Picture but if we get another Napeleon Dynamite type movie on our hands :rolleyes:

12. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    Napoleon Dynamite sucked so bad I hated that movie.

13. starwarsfan182

starwarsfan182 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002

Thats exactly what i've been asking for years, i dont understand why people enjoy watching cars go in circles for hours. But yeah, RotS will win big at MTV Movie Awards.

14. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i wish rots would get some kind of award and not the razzie kind

15. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    I think just about anything that has to do with Hayden's going to do well. He'll get the teeny bop vote.

16. Master_Ti

Master_Ti Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I don't know, Hayden lost the Teen Choice Awards. Which is an utter disgrace to female teenagers btw, because I voted for Ian and who won, Jim Carrey? :mad:

*~*Ti With A New Icon*~*

17. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Hopefully it'll win big. But, that really depends on how many young people actually saw the movie. I mean, I'm 17 and I did. And I brought several friends along too. And I know of other people who saw it who probably wouldn't normally see a sci-fi movie, and enjoyed it. So, if that happened in lots of places around the country, then it could definitely win a lot.

18. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Hmmm...

There is currently a movie poll on the MTV site, but Revenge of the Sith isn't doing very well (at least at the time that I voted - when I posted this).

19. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Hm, I guess I can be alright with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory doing better than Revenge of the Sith. But Wedding Crashers? It's not even a blockbuster like they're claiming it is. Batman Begins should be on the poll instead of that movie.

20. Old Juan

Old Juan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 1999
    Who knows, and even if it does win any awards who's to say that it will win the awards that it should. Because if my memory seves me right..and it always does: The Phantom Menance won in the category it should have lost and lost in the category it should have won.

TPM won for best action sequence for the pod race with sucked in comparison to the Matrix's chopper scene and lost best fight sequence to the Matrix's Neo VS Morpheus scene when the three way lightsabre duel easily owns it.

21. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    It did. ROTS won Choice Movie Action/Adventure

I reported this to TFN a while back, but no one seems to care. Anyway, it should definitely win best fight at the MTVs, perhaps a few other awards.

22. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005

Yeah, the only thing is that the teen choice awards isn't even properly named. I'm not sure what Nickelodeon is trying to pull, but teenagers don't watch that network. They watch MTV. The fact that Lemony Snickets (or however the hell you spell it), a children's movie, wins at the supposed "Teen Choice Awards" tells us something. It's more like the preteen awards show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.