main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will Starkiller Ever Get a Movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    I Mean the 2 stories from the games are definetly movie worthy in my view and I know alot of people want to see it too but will they ever 1 or maybe 2?

Mav Edit: Welcome to the JDF! This would be better suited in the Spin-off ideas thread.

2. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Perhaps... heavily modified, most likely. It'd be a good way to get Vader into a spinoff movie without having him be the 'star' (which would be a nightmare)

...a lot of it might rest on what they do with "Rebels", though, as that's in the same "between III & IV era", so something as drastic as TFU--with Vader, a secret apprentice, so many Jedi that manage to get tracked down, and the plot of Palpatine to CREATE the Rebel Alliance to bring his enemies to one place--might not fit in the world "Rebels" creates for that era (while a Han Solo stand-alone, a Boba Fett stand-alone, etc might work just fine regardless of the animated series)

3. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It did, twice.

Corax78 likes this.
  4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    There are many other EU stories that I would rather see, my friend.

5. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I'd love it if we did, but by the looks of things we'll probably see closure for the character in Force Unleashed 3. Didn't Sam Witwer say in an interview that there's going to be more Force Unleashed games?

6. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    One of my greatest hopes, foolish tho it may be, is that the EU gets some attention via animated adaptations like the various DC superhero direct-to-DVD/BR movies (and Marvel, too, tho DC's adaptations tend to be of higher quality). We could see a wide variety of design styles, see various story lines presented as stand-alones or multi-part films (i.e., The Thrawn Trilogy and Hand of Thrawn Duology would get several films and tie together stylistically, but a Jedi Academy Trilogy adaptation would be completely independent of them, different style, etc, as would a Dark Empire adaptation)

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Highly unlikely

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    With Disney in charge, there's hope at least for some of that. :)

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    God, I hope not.

11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Do I want Starkiller/the apprentice/Galen Marek/Jacob Nion/Whatever in the name of the Force they're calling him these days to get a movie? No, tbh I hate how his character totally demeans the actions of Luke in the OT.

However, I certainly wouldn't mind if Sam Witwer got a role in a spinoff or even in the ST. Just NOT as... that character -_-

12. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    If Bendak Starkiller, sure... a Mandalorian deathmatch gladiator story could have potential. If Galen Marek... nah, I'll pass.

But even with Bendak, there are a crapload of movies that would need to be made first... we got all the saga characters to burn thru, then a bunch of better EU characters, before we even get near the tier three C-list EU video game side characters...

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The guy got 2 video games, he doesn't also need a movie.

Tensionhead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.