main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Tatooine's history be revealed in TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by spacename_the_name, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    It's a big desolate rock and has been for years. What's there to say?

Toonimator and NightWatcher91 like this.
  2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Well Coruscant appeared in 3 of the 6 movies. 4 if you count that 3 second shot at the end of RotJ. Tatooine appeared in 5 Plus the TCW movie that was mostly set on Tatooine. People are just bored of it. And keep in mind that Coruscant is the capital world of the whole freakin galaxy. It being important and showing up often is kinda a requirement. But a backwater desert like Tatooine? Nope.

Yeah in Kotor it was explained that the Rakata bombarded the surface which boiled the silicon in the soil into a solid glass sueface that shattered into the sand we know now. What makes this problematic is the simple fact that Tatooine has two suns. I think that alone wouldbe more than enough to turn the planet into a desert.

Toonimator likes this.
  3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    You realize "sources" could be talking out of their asses, right? And that Abu Dhabi is still very far from London? And that nobody has confirmed Tatooine yet?

4. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014
    So far it seems like TFA is trying very hard to recapture the nostalgia people who grew up with the OT have; something the prequels didn't do very well. JJ Abrams is likely to revisit Tattooine because it's one of the most iconic locations in the original trilogy. I agree though that it doesn't make sense to keep going back there especially now that the story of Anakin is over but if you are trying to recreate the classic Star Wars feel there are few places that will do it better than Tattooine.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm fine with seeing Tatooine again, as long as the movie doesn't stay there for the majority of the run time.

TK327 likes this.
  6. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    This was pointed out by many people in the early stages of production, but The Hollywood Reporter isn't some gossip rag. If that's what their sources said then it's most likely true. And there are no deserts near London that I'm aware of, but Abu Dhabi is a lot closer to London than the Yuma desert where they filmed the Pit of Carkoon and offers huge incentives for film productions these days. Plus Tunisia couldn't be utilized this time around for safety reasons anyway. And really, I don't care what blinders anybody else wants to put on, because as far as I'm concerned Tatooine was confirmed.

I'm guessing the first act will pretty much be concentrated there and then they'll move on, probably for the majority if not all of the rest of the trilogy.

Jedi Knight Fett and starocean90 like this.
  7. DarthCatbeard

DarthCatbeard Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2014
    If it appears again I certainly hope they have a good reason for it. If it's because of some link to the force then fair enough. If Rey (It's going to take me a while to stop calling her Daisy :p) is being looked after by a Solo/Skywalker friend/relative then Tatooine kind of makes sense. Otherwise I really hope it's not just the films starting planet because it was ANH's starting planet

8. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    After giving it some thought, I'd be very surprised if it actually doesn't turn out to be that Outer Rim dust bowl that's featured more than any other in the saga so far. But personally speaking, I don't think there's some hidden significance of the place that's as yet been untold. Other than it's the planet where we first encounter Luke, Obi Wan and learn that Anakin had also grown up there. And fundamentally, a desert planet is an entirely believable alien world in a sci fi (sorry) space fantasy film.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  9. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Im sure no one will correct if Daisy is mentioned in your posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.