Will TCW and Episode VII tie in to each other?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by darklordoftech, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    All opinions are welcome.
  2. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    I could see Episode 7 making a few references to the series. Perhaps they'll reference the Prophecy of Mortis? But other than that, I don't see how The Clone Wars, which is a spin-off of the prequel trilogy, could have anything to do with the upcoming sequel trilogy.
  3. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    umm Episode 7 takes place after Episode 6

TCW takes place between Episode 2 and 3, how the heck can you tie it in
    Sitara likes this.
  4. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Introduced in "x era" != exclusive to "x era".
  5. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    Wut.
    Sitara likes this.
  6. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    I was saying that something introduced in one era can be relevant to another era. For example, Exar Kun was introduced in the New Republic era but has since become a major character in the Old Republic era.
  7. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    That is true, but I don't see how The Clone Wars could possibly tie into the sequel trilogy... unless you think Ahsoka should appear in it? If she does, expect fans to complain about how she has no place in it.
    Sitara likes this.
  8. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
  9. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed. While Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a great show, tying it with the new sequel trilogy would just be unnecessary and aggravating. The Clone Wars is suppose to focus on the time between Episode II and III, not after Episode VI
    Last edited by InterestingLurker, Nov 3, 2012
    eht13 likes this.
  10. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    Please God no...let season 6 be the end of CW, heck let it be canceled at the end of season 5, and let it never be mentioned again.
  11. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    Hell no. It would be a disservice to the fans that it has accumulated over the years. The series should go on as long as it's suppose to.
    Last edited by InterestingLurker, Nov 3, 2012
  12. Spazmatron Jedi Master

star 3
    Don't really know how you would tie it in... Maybe a dark saber or somethin?
  13. InterestingLurker Force Ghost

star 4
    It would be nice seeing the dark saber in live-action...
  14. DM99 Jedi Master

star 3
    dark saber never got any other action than its destruction. it was a bad plotdevice.

i talk about the lasercanon.
    Last edited by DM99, Nov 3, 2012
  15. TheVortex3 Jedi Master

star 1
    I guess there could be a few very small tie ins from tcw in episode 7 but I hope they don't tie in anymore then that.
  16. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    It would seem a little contrived, but wouldn't be hard to do. How many novels reference things from thousands of years before? If the people working on Episode 7 and the people working on The Clone Wars got together, they could easily make thing fall together, kind of like how the Clone Wars Micro and the Labyrinth of Evil novel worked into Episode 3. If, say, Episode 7 were going to happen a hundred years after Episode 6, and be about a secret branch of Sith Lords that Sidious and Plagueis never knew about, you introduce them in the last season of The Clone Wars, then have them go into exile or something like that, hinting that they would return at some point.
  17. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't forget Nightsisters, Mortis, Death Watch, Maul, etc.
  18. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    New species introduced in TCW could make live action appearances in the Sequel Trilogy. But beyond something like that, I don't really care to see them linked at all. The ST should have a link to the previous story told in the PT and OT and then should venture into new territory.
  19. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd rather see a spinoff in the Dark Times rather than have them try to put references in Ep. 7. I could see them throwing something in about Anakin having a padawan to spite fans make it movie official. But beyond that, I don't see much they could link together.
  20. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    That seems like such a random thing to throw in, when Obi-Wan didn't even think it important enough to tell Luke. I wouldn't expect her to be mentioned unless she's still alive and running around... and please God, no.

I actually don't mind her as a character, though I think it's best for the story if she dies. I don't want to see that can of worms opened when it turns out she's been alive the whole time.
  21. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe Bail accidentally wiped his mind along with 3PO. :p I like her character and agree that her death at some point before ANH would be better than just 'disappearing.'
  22. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    The manhole cover on Aleena?

I don't think @KenobiSkywalker was implying that Ahsoka would be alive and running around just that she get mention. I agree it doesn't seem like something anyone would mention or remember honestly.
    Last edited by Seerow, Nov 3, 2012
  23. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    Betting that Episode VII doesn't have one single reference to TCW.
  24. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    '

I read a rumor that the new film references the prophecy of "the Chosen One" and Mortis. I'm hoping that the rumor is wrong, because I'm hoping that I'll want to go see this movie.
    Inblackestnight and eht13 like this.
  25. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    I don't think there's any substance to that beyond people hoping the "Whills" stuff gets explained in the new trilogy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.