main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Temuera Morrison/Clones/Boba Fett be involved?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Captain_Typho, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Quite honestly, the rumor that Kasdan dislikes Boba's backstory and would change it all sounds completely bunk to me. Or at least, even if he does dislike it, I doubt that he would disrespect George enough to change it so drastically

I doubt that he will appear in the ST, but I wouldn't mind a spinoff. I would love to see Morrison reprise his role, as either Boba or Jango
    Of course, there's nothing saying that a spinoff can't be noncanon and based on the old EU where he survived. Morrison could fit the age of Boba at a time period after the escape from the pit

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I think there will be some sort of nod to Boba, whether that is a similar looking bounty hunter or even a relative be it a clone i'm not so sure.

3. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    One of Lucas biggest sins in my eyes was replacing the original chilling voice work done for Fett in ESB with Morrison's outlandish Kiwi accent.

4. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014

To me it's just lazy writing. If someone wants to put mystery back into Boba Fett, they should think of a way to add it, rather than to just throw away the backstory. I obviously can't speak for those who were older than me, but I'm 20 and I know when I discuss this issue with my friends they get upset. Some of them hate the prequels, some of them love them, but most of us agree that Boba's backstory makes the character more interesting, especially if you see him in TCW and see how that ESB Boba evolves into the one we know. I get a wonderful feeling inside when I hear Morrison's voice in ESB because it's one of the few places where the two trilogies really connect. But I get that people don't like the fact that we knew him as a kid, and some of the mystery is gone. So why wouldn't the Boba Fett movie just ignore it, without contradicting it. Start it anytime after Episode III in the timeline, don't ever have Boba remove his helmet until the story demands it, and make it primarily plot-driven.

Now, if they want to kill Boba off right after he crawls out of the Sarlaac, that's fine. I'm perfectly fine with the son of Jango Fett dying at that point.

But the overall issue with Boba not having the PT backstory is that then we're going to have to learn a whole new backstory again. It's not like they're going to make a movie where Boba Fett just does action stuff for two hours; they're going to have some kind of character development for him. But if they keep the PT backstory, they can just move on to something else about him we don't know. If we have a new Boba then we have to learn all about him again, and that isn't really interesting to me. You could draw comparisons to the Spider-Man franchise. The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't of interest to me because it just retold the story I saw in the 2002 Spider-Man. It was different, but it was still the Spider-Man origin story and I only need to see that once, no matter what the specific plot is.

my kind of scum and Seagoat like this.
  5. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    So you would be fine with a more landish one?

TM is awesome. His accent is awesome. Let's hope he has some role in a Boba Fett movie.

The idea that the voice is more "chilling" is an entirely subjective one. I found the "chill" of the line had the same effect.

You want to talk chill? Their verbal confrontation followed by their incredible battle.

Now THAT is CHILL!

6. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    I dunno. The TM ESB dub feels kinda like a five minute rush job to me. The whole delivery is just really flat, as if it's a first read through of the dialogue. Much like the McDiarmid Emperor re-do.

Abadacus likes this.
  7. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    Morrison would've been better off playing a brand new bounty hunter than a clone of a clone. He's pretty much the only PT character I still enjoy because he has personality without being over-the-top.

Also, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jeremy Bulloch appears as Boba Fett somewhere in the ST, along with his original voice.

8. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014

I'm a big fan of Morrison, and the Kiwi accent, but the re-dubs sounded like he was interrupted during a meal and asked to record the lines over the phone. Just cold and emotionless - not in the sense of "stone-cold badass" but in the sense of "Okay, are we done? I really want to get back to this burger."

9. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Doubt it.... at 60 + years old, he'd be the oldest, and slowest, bounty hunter around.

10. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014
    Like Han Solo, Boba Fett would be at a different stage in his life 30 years later.

11. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Solo, hero of the Republic, probably had better career opportunities after Endor then a half eaten Bounty Hunter.

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, really, if they do do a Boba Fett movie he should play him. But, that won’t happen for obvious reasons.

13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    at least he'd have a helmet on most of the time :D
    i personally don't get people hating Jango or the clonetroopers.

14. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    100% in agreement.

The original Boba voice was so cool and mysterious.

Never liked TM's re-dub.

Abadacus likes this.
  15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I love all of the special edition changes including the one for Boba Fett's voice change the only special edition change I did not like was changing the Han Shoots first thing but I didn't lose any sleep over it.

16. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The voice actor for Fett of the OT has passed away. JB was one of several people who wore the costume during shooting.

Well it doesn't to me in the least. Obviously it's a totally subjective thing. You didn't want the replacements at all while I have no problem with them so they sound just fine and in the case of IM the entire performance is excellent as always.

17. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014
    Right. Jason Wingreen. Born 94 years ago tomorrow. I haven't found anything on the Internet on his death. Besides, I was referring more to the way Boba's voice originally sounded.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Of, course! But it needn't be "non-canon."

There's nothing stopping Lucasfilm from setting a canon story after ROTJ and just saying the Salacc found Fett somewhat... indigestible -- if that's what they decide they want to do with the character. :)

starocean90 likes this.
  19. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Making non-canon films would confuse the general audience too much. It'll probably never happen.

starocean90 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Other than things like the Lego Yoda Chronicles, or what some consider to be the inevitable SW/Marvel crossover (which, if it ever does happen, had damned-well better be non-canon), I think you're pretty much right about this.

starocean90 likes this.
  21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Guardians meets Star Wars.:p

22. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    This. Oh, this.

23. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Not if they make him a cyborg.[face_clown]

24. SomeoneSomewhere

SomeoneSomewhere Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2014
    It could always be an origin story?

Idiotic Wishful Thinking: The Boba Fett spinoff is actually made up from the discarded plotline for Star Wars 1313.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, I wouldn't say "idiotic." :)

In fact, I don't know that I'd be all that surprised at all, should Lucasfilm decide to make use of some of 1313, as well as perhaps some of the elements from those 50 unused Underworld scripts, and put them to use in a Boba Fett film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.