main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will TFA and the rest of the ST refer any other past battles besides the battle of Jakku?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I wonder if TFA and the rest of the ST will reference any past conflicts or any major wars between the New Republic/Resistance and the Imperial Remnant/First Order besides the Battle of Jakku much like the Clone Wars was referenced in the OT?

It would be awesome if Luke,Han and Leia reference any past conflicts in the 30-year span between ROTJ and TFA to Rey,Finn and Poe Dameron. And those conflicts/space battles are shown in future EU novels(the Aftermath trilogy and beyond),comics or a possible interquel film trilogy with a younger OT3 set between ROTJ & TFA to come out sometime around 2027 perhaps??

Surely the Battle of Jakku can't be the only major battle between the First Order/Empire and the New Republic/Resistance. There might have been a great number of major space battles and land battles across the galaxy in that 30-year span. Maybe we'll learn about some more past conflicts throughout TFA and Episodes VIII and IX.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well you have the whole Battlefield: the Clan vs the Seven in the rumored flashback.

Shadojoker and nightangel like this.
  3. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Who knows? But it seems the Battle of Jakku, and the remnants of its aftermath, are the genesis for the colony and culture that has arisen on that dustbowl of a planet.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    will tfa even mention the battle of jakku?

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It will mention things between ROTJ and TFA which will be covered in the NEU and I will read those books and comics.

6. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I wonder if Rey or Finn will ask Luke,Han or Leia: "You fought in the Battle of Jakku?" or "you fought in the Imperial Remnant Wars" or "You fought in the Unknown Regions Wars" much like Luke asked Obi-Wan "You fought in the Clone Wars"?

7. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    It's still the Galactic Civil War ;)

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would imagine that, considering how battles play a part in the state of the GFFA as we reenter it in TFA, that commentary on them would be in the opening crawl.

9. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

I hope not. jakku wreckage is cooler when it's like 'woah remnant of a foregone era but what's even more mindblowing is this was just one out of hundreds of battles' than it is when it's played up to be the defining post rotj event especially with rey being from there and all.

Lobot_the_Jedi likes this.
  10. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Hopefully not.

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    It doesn't need to but if it refs a war it will likely be the GCW.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Battle of the Five Armies obviously.

13. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Since Kylo is so obsessed with Vader I can see the Battle of Endor being a point of interest with him. I think it might be mentioned in TFA. Or at some point in the ST at the very least.

14. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    "That bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell"

"That maneuver at the Battle of Tanaab"

"The border dispute on Ancion"

Reference to things unknown and unseen is a staple of the GFFA, so yes we will get similar references in the ST

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Vader wasn't present in the Battle of Endor though. He was during Hoth, however.

16. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Vader was there. The Battle of Endor consists of both a land and space battle. Vader was very much present at the space battle. Or did you miss that giant Death Star under construction? You know, where the final conflict between the Jedi and Sith took place.

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I just keep associating Battle of Endor with Ewoks and the planet itself. Plus, ROTJ is my least favorite SW film, and I've only seen it a handful of times.

18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "You fought in the Gender Reassignment Wars, Lady Lucinda?"

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.