main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the anticipation for the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series be the same as for the films?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I think it might have the same anticipation as for all the Star Wars movies but if it doesn't I'm pretty sure it will come close. What do you guys think?

2. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005
    Probably not. I almost died from the anticipation leading up to ROTS. I will be very hopeful and excited durin the time leading up to it.

3. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes it probably will not but I think the anticipation for the upcoimng Star Wars Live Action TV Series will come close.

4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Among hardcore fans, like JCC'ers (us), the anticipation will be MAJOR!!!

But to the general public, it will not be as anticipated.

One of the reasons the films are anticipated by all is the fact that they are awesome summertime blockbusters with great FX, not to mention with Sith, it was "the last go around."

I think the TV show will have a cult following like other sci-fi shows...hopefully large enough for them to get all 100 episodes in.

5. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    The upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series will probably have a huge following probably large enough to fit in all 100 episodes.

6. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    I don't think so..regardless of the movie slump nowadays; there is still a special thing about going to the movies. It's not the "special event" that it used to be; but going to the movies is still something culturally that people like to do, and when you have a series like SW that influenced so many people, The anticipation of seeing it in the theatre was a huge thing.

I think with the "skywalker" storyline being pretty much over, and being on television there just won't be as much excitement as the theatrical experience.

Tv is just too common a thing...

7. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I still think there will be huge anticipation for the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series but not as much anticipation as all the Star Wars movies.

8. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    It will probably wont because there will be less money involved in it.

9. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I still stand by my statement above.

10. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Nothing could ever compare to the anticipation of ROTS. I believe the anticipation will depend on what it is about.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Once ads start showing up for it, there'll probably be a lot of general anticipation- some fans might not get excited about it since Lucas won't be as involved, but that same prospect may attract some fans back to the franchise who were turned off by the prequels. So, in the end those two'll balance each other out.

12. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    As you said Lucas is probably going to be an or the executive producer.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, though I could see him maybe directing an episode- but we don't have any confirmation about that.

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm also guessing GL is probably going to direct an episode or multiple episodes.

15. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    He probably will because you know George has to put a little more of his input when it comes to Star Wars:D but it wont be as much as is in the films.

16. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well I want GL to write and direct some episodes.

17. MazzSunblade

MazzSunblade Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    "Well I want GL to write and direct some episodes."

Speaking of that, who else would you like to see direct some of the LA show? For me the list would be:

Spielberg
    Coppola (mainly just because he is Lucas' friend, though I know he didn't like SW, except for Sith)
    Peter Jackson
    Frank Miller (I think he could do well with an underworld story set in SW)

18. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I don't think these big-time Hollywood directors are going to spend much time directing a TV show, not even a Star Wars one. TV just doesn't get the great directors.

19. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005

Coppola (mainly just because he is Lucas' friend, though I know he didn't like SW, except for Sith)

That statement is entirely false. He once said in an interview that the SW films keep getting better and better.

20. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I wonder if there will be more than one director though i imagine they would prefer one or two.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Frank Miller isn't a director, how could he direct it?

22. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    My dream would be for Mike Judge to direct it! That would get me back into Star Wars, alright!

23. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I'm sure GL will find great directors to direct the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Revan - you do know that the series will never live up to your expectations, right? You seem to think nothing can go wrong with this series. In fact you're so optimistic it's almost annoying.

25. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I know it's going to have its share of problems but I'm sure it is going to be good. Dialouge probably unless they find good writers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.