main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the anticipation for the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series be the same as for the films?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Young Indy was a show i've never seen but i heard it was really good, so maybe on Star Wars will be similar on how they approach it.

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't think the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series is going to focus on one specific character. I think it is going to focus on multiple characters. I have also heard that the Young Indy Series was really good it was nominated for 23 Emmys, 1 Golden Globe, and won 10 or 11 Emmys.

3. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I meant that the story was really good and it was suppose to of had alot of action and just really entertaining, plus Tiger was saying that you were too optimistic on the show so i was just comparing it to Young Indy on the possibillity that it could be good because it's a tv show that was on the shoulders of George Lucas and it was a success, so why not give Star Wars a chance.

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh okay and I think the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series is going to be really good.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Frank Miller isn't a director, how could he direct it?<<

He's was a codirector on Sin City.

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes Frank Miller was a codirector for Sin City.

7. MazzSunblade

MazzSunblade Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    " That statement is entirely false. He once said in an interview that the SW films keep getting better and better."

That's interesting. I was always under the impression that he didn't like them, as I had read something to the extent of him saying that he felt SW kept George from doing other projects. I guess I took that to mean he didn't like SW.

8. MazzSunblade

MazzSunblade Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    " Frank Miller isn't a director, how could he direct it?"

Frank did direct the Sin City movie. He also writes and draws his own comics (Sin City included). Some have said that writing a comic is more like directing a movie than writing a novel.

I think he had a huge impact on how Sin City turned out. I would love to see his take on some sort of underworld crime story in SW, involving Jaba and some other scum.

9. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes it would be cool to see Frank Miller direct an underworld episode or maybe write one.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, he did not direct Sin City. Robert Rodrigez directed Sin City, but wanted Frank Miller to be credited as co-director since most of the movie used Miller's comics as storyboards. He was in no way involved with the directing part.

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    No I'm pretty sure he was on the set helping to direct.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He was on set as an advisor, but not as a director. I'm pretty sure of that. At least according to several articles, and imdb.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    He was listed as codirector but let's not argue over this any longer.

14. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Yes he was. I was at a comics festival a few months ago; Miller was there and he talked about his directing experience. And regardless, even if we say he didn't direct anything before, doesn't mean he couldn't direct a Star Wars episode (but I still don't think he would).

My vote for guest director goes to Michael Rymer, who's directed a good chunk of the new Battlestar Galactica.

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well Frank Miller could direct an underworld episode or multiple underworld episodes. If not maybe he could write one undreworld story or multiple underworld stories.

16. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I have never seen the new Battlestar Galactica is it any good?

17. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Not really :(

Watch the original (the first few seasons before it turned crap), it's a lot better.

18. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't watch it much but I really like it.

19. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I didnt like the old Battlestar Galactica just too cheesy for me maybe because i really wanted it to be Star Wars but i was left disappointed.:(

20. LordObi

LordObi Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    I agree that this will not be as big as the movies but like any series with the right script, acting, directing it will do well for the 100 episodes.

Anyone speculating on plotlines? It would be cool to see the development of Han Solo and Obi-Wan's ability to communicate with Qui-Gonn.

21. LordObi

LordObi Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    I have seen the new BSG and I was thinking that if a new Star Wars series may go that route but maybe not as intense. The new BSG is like watching an intense, thought-provoking drama. The sci-fi concepts are downplayed for character development and dialogue and philosophy.

22. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I heard they may do lil Luke (why i dont know) Boba Fett, some unknown jedi surviving, probably Mon Mothma and the start of the Rebellion.

23. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I've also heard they might do something on Luke as a kid but I doubt it since he was supposed to have a boring life and was longing for adventure before he left Tatooine. Yes something on the Rebellion and its leaders will probably be a plot line. Yes I think we will see surviving Jedi and also see Boba Fett as an occasional guest star.

24. General_Grievous_x

General_Grievous_x Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    No, if for no other reason than most people think having a star wars tv show is a bad idea. I know i myself think it's a pretty horrid idea. The movies have a certian magic that no tv show in history has ever matched. It's pretty much going to be eu in live action. When some one says star wars tv show i cant help but think of farscape with light sabers.

25. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    You have to give the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series a chance it may very well surprise you and also we don't know if it's going to be considered G level Canon but I think it will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.