So CO Will the boards survive????

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Mar 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to address the issue with the Mods being demoted and the fears of the boards disappearing. Here is the text of a PM I recently sent that states my views on the matter.

If you do not know what is going on, stay in the dark. It isn't worth getting all riled up about if you ask me.

:pM:

Okay, let's not knee jerk here.

MJF is concerned that if Phoenix and RMFF pull out there just won't be much left of the SW region. Most of the RMFF is of the opinion of "we'll leave when we have no where else to go..." From what I've seen I see no reason to jump ship. Two months from now all of this sillyness will be over and gone. Either we'll be on the RMFF.net boards or still on TFN boards.

If the RMFF sticks around then we probably will end up with mods in the future. Here is a question, how often do we really NEED a mod? REALLY? Not often. The occasional spam post or bad word. Maybe a contest. So the constests go away. Not a huge loss.

Otherwise, I think we can handle it. We have a place to meet and talk online. Unless they close up shop, I say we stay. When the URL doesn't resolve any more, then the RMFF.net board will have to ask for more donations to cover the bandwidth and the SCFF will help out. Until then, I'm sticking with a free solution that has been working for a month now even without mods.

I'm sympathetic with the mods though, don't get me wrong. I work in an industry where privacy is of great concern. And I've removed all personally identifiable info from my profile. If they come after the CR's then they can have my colors...

But the boards are nothing but technology. Freely provided technology. Leaving because we are upset only becomes a shot in the foot. We only hurt ourselves. We don't help the mods, we don't hurt PW. In fact, we only HELP PW by leaving.

I say we stay pat.

Sincerly,
    SCFF CR Jyro-Kyrn.
  2. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Your northern neighbors in the RMFF echo your sentiments JK. We's ain't pullin' up shop, 'til the shop ain't no mo'.

As an added side note, it sure has been quiet down here lately. I hope it is merely because folks are too busy to post, and not any other, more serious reasons.
  3. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure it's just the usual busy thing...

And on that note, gonna lock the thread...
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.