main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will the cave play a role in the st

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Marathonjedi77, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    I wonder if the cave on daggobah will be revisited in the st?You can clearly see in empire that there was some kind of foundation underground.It would be cool to see some kind of evil Jedi coming back there.

2. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I would like to see the cave in the ST. It would be cool to see a child of Luke/Leia/both encountering something in there.

Iefan likes this.
  3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    From then on we can revisit Cloud City and in the next move have Tatooine play a role at the start but then we revisit Endor, to check up on that locale as well.

Oooor...we can have new locations :p

4. Marathonjedi77

Nov 2, 2012
    just always thought the cave had unanswered questions to its origins that's all.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    True, but not everything has to be explained and spelled out.
    Some mystery should remain.

TheManFromMortis and Iefan like this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree with this! I would love to see more of this cave, and I don't think it's redundant at all-there were a lot of questions left unanswered after seeing that cave in ESB.

If you look close, it was clearly a man-made structure. and there was nothing said about it, It was just left all mysterious. so there's lots more that can be learned there. I agree some mysteries should remain but certain ideas like this one Are strong enough as storytelling elements and some mysteries deserve at least some explanation. I'd bet anyone would love to learn the truth about that cave!

Anyways, I really hope that it is included in episode VII at least-perhaps even the ST altogether.

I got to say I'm actually very surprised more people aren't interested in this!

7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Sorry. If I wanted caves I would play Minecraft.

8. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I wouldnt mind Luke talking about his failure in the cave.

Or maybe the new Sith mentioning the powers of the cave or something.

But, i dont think we need to go back to the cave. It had its purpose.

But, I wouldnt mind going back to Dagobah...

-C

9. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    If they're going to do that, they should go to Korrkban.

THAT would get freaky.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The whole movie should take place in the cave and just have people sitting around for hours talking about random things.

11. Marathonjedi77

Nov 2, 2012
    this is exactly how I feel glad to see someone agrees with me.

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Agreed, but the cave could be used for training new Jedi. I wouldn't mind seeing it under those circumstances.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I also like the cave because it shows a more mystical side to the force, which I felt was lacking in the PT.

14. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Plato's cave? That was the Matrix ;)

15. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Maybe not the actual cave, per se. Maybe the vision Luke saw of himself in Vader's armor will have some kind of dual-meaning irony? Perhaps, though Luke is *good*, is busted up more and employing more prosthetics in the ST? Thus the vision stayed true, despite Luke not following his dad's footsteps?

16. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Meh. I like the cave in that movie.

Episode VII (maybe even VIII, in comparison to the middle story) should have its own. Perhaps a scene at the old Jedi Temple. Lots of loss and pain there. Evil lost soul force ghosts.

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Set designers and a place for Mark to walk.... ;)

18. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Do I want cool metaphoric Force visions and stuff? Yes. Do I want to see a retread of the cave? No. I'd rather see another unique force 'nexus'.

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    When I first saw TESB I thought it was just a manifestation of the dark side concentrated in a location that the Force placed there to tempt Luke.

Yoda tells us that the Force is everywhere and in everything, and that the power they have in it is really controlled by some conscious thing which is beyond what they think they can see or touch.

That being said, I kind of liked Zahn's theory, too. But if I had a choice, I would go with the light and dark side aspects of the Force either guiding or tempting the Force users, instead of some dark sider's residual location of death.

20. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Interesting thought but I wouldn't think that's a direction they're going to go in. But the thought is unique around here with everyone saying the same things!

21. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    This brings back memories of 1980 where some of my friends were convinced the entire saga centered around that cave. They were sure the next movie would be all about the cave. :)

22. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    To see the descendants of either Luke or Leia/Han undergoing a trial in such a cave as the one on Dagobah, possibly with the ghost of Yoda appearing would be interesting.

23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Honestly, if we are just taking the Cave in terms of the context of the films: Its largely a Macguffin.

Infact, I would say its implied that Yoda is the one orchestrating the visions Luke sees in the form of a test. The Cave, as it could be perceived from the films, is just a cave.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Only if you ignore Yoda's dialogue.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  25. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    I agree with this. If they do revisit, I hope they keep it shrouded mystery. The mysticism of the cave is what I think has so much draw to it.