main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Will the Clone Wars cartoon have Darth Vader?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by truth789, Jun 28, 2011.

1. truth789

truth789 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey Guys,

I haven't seen any episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon but am interested to watch it now.
    I'm curious if this cartoon will eventually show seasons after Anakin turns into Darth Vader?
    Any thoughts or insights?

Thanks!

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Possibly maybe definitely not no.

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    No... Well, technically Vader has been a lead character since the movie. However Vader as in black suit appeared in a vision in 'Alter of Mortis' which is episode 60 so you can scratch that off your list. This show takes place between episodes 2 and 3 of the prequels. Just start watching and give the first season a shot. If you want to start by testing the waters skip right to watching episodes 27-30 in the second season of The Clone Wars or if you are pressed for time simply watch episode 5 in season one titled 'Rookies'. I've found those are great test episodes for friends and younglings alike.

4. truth789

truth789 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2011
    Do you think they'll have a cartoon from episodes 4-6? That's pretty much what I'd like to see.
    I felt that they needed to show more of Darth Vader - after Anakin completely went to the dark side.
    What do you think?

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    No, no cartoons. If the live action show ever comes out...

6. truth789

truth789 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2011
    Really, so they haven't even talked about continuing this cartoon till episode 6. Woah, it would seem like a good idea?
    I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing some post Darth Vader right after his conversion lol

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    People might well want to see it, but that's not what this show is about. The vast majority of us are expecting it to finish at or sometime around Order 66.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    It already did have Vader:p

Brain Invaders, Voyage of Temptation and Mortis especially...

If you mean does it overlap with ROTS we don't know yet but i think name of the show should be changed.... they could for example follow Ahsoka and then show Anakin as Vader... i dunno but probably not anymore than we already have seen:p - foreshadowing and visions....

9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Well there has been discussion on this forum before about the possibility of a show called "Star Wars: The Dark Times" or something. It's not a definite by a long chance, but it could be possible.

Welcome to the forums and below is a little list of the best episodes of the series (My personal favs):

Season 1:

Rookies
    Cloak of Darkness
    Trespass
    Ryloth Trilogy (episodes 19-21)
    Hostage Crisis

Season 2:

Holocron Trilogy (episodes 1-3)
    Geonosis Arc (episodes 4-8)
    Grieovus Intrigue
    The Deserter
    Mandalore Trilogy(episodes 12-14)
    Cat and Mouse
    Bounty Hunters
    The Zillo Beast Strikes Back

Season 3:

Kamino Duology (episodes 1-2)
    Hunt for Ziro
    Heroes on Both Sides
    Nightsisters Trilogy (episodes 12-14)
    Mortis Trilogy (episodes 15-17)
    Citadel Trilogy (episodes 18-20)
    Predator Duology (episodes 21-22)

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Nobody knows, here. All that can be said here, is pure speculation.

11. seCrawler

seCrawler Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2011
    I'm assuming they stop at some pt during Order 66. Why would they replay Obi and Anak fight on the TV show?

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'll propose you watch all episode of the series and then decide what are your favs- those "these are worth of watching"-lists are not worth of obeying:p while some episodes of the series are arguably more popular you can find your personal favs from those episodes someone else didn't like.....

13. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Why are people so certain he won't appear, however briefly, within the series. They created the model (albiet just the helmet) after all, and they have said the series would overlap Revenge of the Sith. There is every possibility he could appear, at the very least, within one episode...

14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ghosts of Mortis, actually.

They have? Eek.

15. seCrawler

seCrawler Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2011
    They'd have to bypass the whole fight and volcano thing or redo an animation version of it. i dont like the sound of that. how do they pull it off to put vader in clone wars?

16. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    They could simply skip it, or show events that happen at the same time as that.

Vader would suit this animation style fine because of how few moving parts there are on his body. His cape's about the only thing that would need any real work.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    We already saw Vader with cape in TFU- few improvements and it's ok-

I don't they would have to show Mustafar duel at all- they could follow well... Ahsoka or Rex or anyone else in the episode that happens concurrently with ROTS....

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, they didn't.

What does a videogame has to do with anything?

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    TFU just had Vader with cape:p .... so maybe farfetched but i saw some kind of similarity since both are CGI after all- 3d models-

capes have been fairly rare in TCW though since they're tough to do but both Dooku and Grievous has cape sometimes and jedi who would need more accurate cloaks though..... so cape is hardly an issue- i just said Vader is done as 3d-model already (with a cape) and I gave an example but not there is no more clear connection than CGI-Vader with cape....

20. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    If the writers and directors of TCW say that they will overlap ROTS, but if the interview in question was lost to obscurity, did they really say that? [face_thinking]

I have a suspicion that there might be a resolution to Ahsoka's story in the Dark Times era, with the fully-immersed in the Dark Side and armoured Darth Vader being involved somehow.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think the possibility of Ahoska's fate spilling over into the dark times is high, IMO. Either in a spin-off series or in the live action series, even if currently we are told the live action show won't follow any current main characters. I still wouldn't be surprised if we've already been introduced to a few of the darktimes characters. I would rather enjoy a face off with Vader.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I have a feeling that when George created Ahsoka he already had further plans for her... maybe i believe too much but i hope he had since creating such a young major character for such a little timeframe is really odd if she has no future after TCW- wasted potential of promising character if she dies it is even worse that EU probably revives her in some form like they always do for everyone who dies too quickly..... Ahsoka-clone? No thank you- so let her live and grow up -there is many ways to that...