Will the Completion of the Saga Change the Way We Look at the EU

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by OldieVonMoldie, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. KenKenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Iron_Fist: With the rise of the Empire and all of the available time inbetween Episode III and ANH, EU writers are going to have a storyline field day.... [face_mischief] ;)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)
  2. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Like they are with the Empire comic series ;)
  3. Iron_Fist Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    KenKenobi: They will, and if they screw it up, I am going to be sooooo :mad:...
  4. AshAngel Jedi Knight

Precisely the reason I never read EU past the first few books was that there was something missing...at first I didn't understand exactly what...then I realized...NO VADER! My fave character is dead! ::sob:: I'm hoping there will be some juicy EU depicting what happens to him between III and IV.
  5. jawamonkey Jedi Master

star 4
    Me too AshAngel, i think a book about him in that time period would be great!
  6. AshAngel Jedi Knight

A book? A single book??! Forget that, I want a whole series of books! :D

But only if they're good, of course ;)
  7. Iron_Fist Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, AshAngel. Most wholeheartedly.
  8. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Precisely the reason I never read EU past the first few books was that there was something missing...at first I didn't understand exactly what...then I realized...NO VADER! My fave character is dead! ::sob:: I'm hoping there will be some juicy EU depicting what happens to him between III and IV.
    You *might* be pretty interested in checking out the first four-issue story arc from Empire...it contains miles of insight into Vader's inner psychology, with flashbacks from his youth being juxtaposed against his brutality from the timeframe just prior to Episode IV. You can truly see him examining *why* he has allowed himself to choose the path in life that he did, and the angst that comes with it. On top of that, you gain a much better understanding for why Vader remains so massively loyal to the Emperor, even when push comes to shove, and the potential to upset the balance of power between them presents itself.

Quite well done, really.
  9. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    For the most part, yes.
  10. AshAngel Jedi Knight

Hmmmm...thank you Leto II for the recommendation. Sadly, there are no comic shops near where I work nor home so I tend to miss out on these things. I've found the comics you mention online however, and will consider getting them. Thanks again for the info!
  11. JacensGirl Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmm... I don't know. Darth Vader is a very interesting character but i think part of what makes him so interesting is the mystery surrounding what goes on inside that black helmet. If there was a series written about him, I think it would have to be just as carefully and well written as the rest of the EU. :)
  12. Naccha Jedi Knight

star 3
    I hate that the EU has done nothing but put the characters through endless misery, and degraded them in favor of various Mary Sues

Hmmmm....wonder who you could be talking about Shelley :) And I couldn't agree more. The NJO series really blew it for me...the rest are not bad. The X-Wing series is great because it focuses on the other characters of SW. I'm hoping that some great books will surface bridging ep. III and ANH, since there will be no more movies :_| No more movies...how can that be?? <<sigh>>
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.