main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the Dark Jedi Sora Bulq be mentioned at all?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Joe_Garelli, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe_Garelli

Joe_Garelli Jedi Master star 1

Dec 22, 2007
    Because in the Republic Clone Wars comic series the Jedi Master Sora Bulq turned to the Dark Side of the force shortly after the Battle of Geonosis and joined Count Dooku as a dark side follower, he and Asajj Ventress even worked together to set up a trap for Mace Windu and a group of weaker jedi knights to try to kill Mace Windu and harm the Republics chances in the Clone Wars.

Mace Windu and Sora Bulq actually fought to a stand still before Windu left to fight Ventress and was easily able to defeat her even though she was using a double bladed lightsaber against him.

It would be nice to see Sora Bulq in action against Anakin Skywalker or another Jedi Knight or hear him mentioned in the Clone Wars movie or TV Series, because he is reguarded as the most powerfull Dark Jedi that Count Dooku had working for him, and he was mastered by Vapaad (the form mastered him and not the other way around.) Sora was a pretty powerfull dark jedi and would have easily defeat Ventress or Anakin.

2. Raider88

Raider88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2008
    Well if they're gonna erase all the continuity in Republic, they might as well feature him. I wouldn't say no to a 2-part season finale featuring Anakin and Quinlan Vos v.s. Sora Bulq and Ventress ;)

3. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    I certainly hope he will be in the television show. The republic series was so well written...I would hate to see some events/characters not appearing in the new television show, which is now official cannon. Sora Bulq is a canon character though, seeing as how he was seen at the battle of geonosis in the clone wars as a background character. Republic just gave him character and a backstory. I hope he is featured. EU characters like Tra Saa and Tholme worry me that they wont be in the new television show :(. Asajj made it..so did Ayyla, but still...*crosses fingers*

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    The impression I get from this article... it's a possibility.

Excerpt:

Yeah, it sure was. Because Henry and I can get together, and we start talking about a lot of things, and for Catherine, it would become a secret language! Because we?ll talk? one of concerns Henry and I had was with the existing material. So, I?d say, Henry, what about Sora Bulq? What are we going to do about that? Quinlan Vos? We?ve got these problems: the Dark Woman running around. We?d have a lot of things to talk about, and we?d look across the table, and CW?s like?. what are you guys talking about? I didn?t see that in the movie. So, we would run a lot of plotlines, and then we?d bounce them off Catherine, and ask, would you get that? Is that coming across? And she would say, no, that doesn?t come across at all. So it was a good way to kind of beat up ideas amongst the three of us, and then, really, you?d put it before George, and George comes down and says, ?Guys? What are you doing? That?s not Star Wars,? or ?That is Star Wars.? That was, in the end, the best education always was George. That was a critical part of the writing in the end. - Dave Filoni

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Dave made a reference to Sora in another interview too, so it seems an appearance by him is quite likely.

And don't worry about erasing the continuity of Republic- last we were told the solution that will be explored will just be some time-compression (ie: compress the 2 years (counting unused gaps) of stories of Anakin as a padawan down into the first year, then the cartoon happens, and all stories with Anakin as a knight are then either untouched or interspersed between episodes of the cartoon), but the specifics won't be locked down until the show is finished. (afterall, with Dave likely using elements from Republic, like Sora, it'd be irritating to have them come up with a revised timeline of events now, then have Sora pop up next season when he's not supposed to and have to revise things again).

6. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    We've heard mention that a couple of comics characters will be showing up at ComicCon, but no specifics. I wouldn't count on Sora or anyone else quite yet. Though Aayla (hardly comics anymore) seems a given...

7. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008
    I'd imagine we won't see Sora yet. Remember, this is around the first year of the Clone Wars. Sora appears quite late in the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see other "stars" of the EU though!

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Some dude with dreds and a lot of groupies. Which is rather disturbing, actually.

And before anyone says it, no, I'm not confusing this fellow with Quinlan, who also is known to have his fair share of groupies and dreds. But for some reason Bulq's got a hellava lot of fangirls.

10. Raider88

May 28, 2008
    Why can't they just have this be a remake of the cartoon to avoid all this time shifting?

11. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I LUVS ME SOME SORA BULQ!!!!!!

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, Sora changed sides pretty early on in the war- in the second (well, tied for second) comic set during the Clone Wars published, Jedi: Mace Windu (also the first appearance of K'Kruhk's FreakinGS weet hat ;) ). However, after that, Sora doesn't play that large of a role in events until towards the end of the Clone Wars- so plenty of time for him to do some mayhem in between.

Sora Bulq was the Weequay Jedi in the Geonosis arena in AOTC. Following his near-death at Geonosis, he was sent after Dooku but lost the fight and was presumed dead, but, combined with his distres sover recent events, Sora was convinced by Dooku to side with him, functioning as one of Dooku's main lackies alonmgside Ventress, Skorr and, eventually, Quinlan Vos.

Clarification: by "cartoon", i mean this new series, though the old series will probably be shifted around a little also- but then there were some funkyunlabeled time jumps in taht series anyways so it's not much of a problem.

13. cwquest

cwquest Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    I have just started re-reading the republic ark & sora bulq is out of the closit as a seperatist by 5 months after geonosis. He doesnt bite it until virtually the end of the clone wars so he would be a perfect additional dark side minion for Dooku.

14. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I wouldn't rule it out. I mean, he is an official character since he was in AotC. So, yeah, I think he will be in it.

15. tc_cruizer

tc_cruizer Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2005
    Sora Bulq in TCW would be freakin' awesome.

I hope they also bring Skorr & Durge. Not that I particularly like those characters. I just want the enemy threat to be constantly evolving and exciting -- rather than seeing a million and one droid battles.

16. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I think Durge has been asked about - the answer IIRC was probably not.

17. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    Why is everyone so concerned about continuity?

18. Raider88

May 28, 2008
    Why is everyone else not so concerned about contradictory plots?

19. EmeraldSpeedster

EmeraldSpeedster Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2008
    Why is everyone so concerned about continuity?

Some of us just happen to appreciate it very much, as it makes for a much more stable world in which to view the characters. Continuity is something that should be respected, in the same form and fashion as basic techniques like characterization, setting and even basic spelling and grammar in a story. To dismiss continuity entirely is to make a world too flexible. Imagine erasing continuity in the original trilogy. A character that died, like Obi-Wan, shows up in a later installment, completely contradicting the plot of the first movie. Jedi starts and Han Solo it seems was never frozen in carbonite. The climactic battle occurs not on Endor but on Alderaan, because of the whim of a writer. These things make no sense, yes? Silly and foolish, because they are completely dismissive of canonical events. I know that seems extreme, but there is at least here observable a basis for the value of continuity. I'm not saying that every last touch of the universe, particularly the expanded universe, should be completely observed. Some of us like to believe that everything should be able to fit together, because contradictory elements are sloppy storytelling, even if it is coming from a number of different authors, mediums and sources. They should be conducted like an orchestra, different pieces coming together to create a symphony of wonder. Sometimes dissonance is even appropriate, and sometimes it makes for the best of stories (see Crisis on Infinite Earths, Green Lantern: Rebirth, Hawkman, etc. in comic books to illustrate just how continuity messes can be turned into story gold) and some of us just like to think that somehow we should be looking for answers in how to fit this all together.

20. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Because without continuity there's no feeling of a consistent world.

21. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I missed this. Do you have a link to this?

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Leeland posted it in his continuity thread on the TOS boards in the BCAT forum. I can't get a link now because that board is not loading properly for me at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.