main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the death of Han, Leia, or Luke ever be written about?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by tanjokabri, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    We'll see their deaths eventually I think. BUt not until after episode 3 comes out. There's always the possibility Lucas, after E3 is ouit and done, would supply what notes or rough ideas he had for the sequel trilogy to a Del Rey EU author to adapt/expand into a novel or trilogy (set chronologically after NJO) for release. Assuming the "main 3" survive that (although I could see Lucas killing off one of them- he did, afterall, kill off most of the main characters from Willow in the sequel books' opening pages, or so I've heard), I could see Luke dying a Yoda death- in his bed of old age, his students at his side, before he calmly becomes one with the force. Han and Leia will live to see their grandchildren, and while Han is more likely to go out in a blaze of glory, I still think they'll have earned some peace during their final days.

I don't think any of them will sacrifice themself (although they'd obviously be willing to) or be killed...it has to end, for them, happily ever after. They've fought and sacrificed alot already to help build the future, they deserve to enjoy part of that future in their final days at the very least.

2. Snow_White

Snow_White Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2001
    They will have to die sometime and I think that the books will continue with future generations so we are sure to be aware of their deaths. I really hope that Han and Leia live to see their grandchildren. They have been together so long and been through so much that it would be nice if they had some peaceful years together. They certainly deserve at least that much. If anyone goes out in a blaze of glory I think that it would be Luke. I'm not saying that's what I'm hoping for because it's not. I don't want any of the big three to not survive the NJO.

3. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Personally I think the EU has caused enough damage with the NJO. To me everything up to the NJO is canon.

Anyway I personally think that no new OT EU books should be written after the NJO is published. The EU has all ready caused a lot of damage last thing SW fans need is to read about the deaths of their fav trio. Personally I would simply rather have them die of old age, in their sleep, rather than some hero death.

4. spicelord1

spicelord1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2000
    How was it stated in the first role-playing book? Heroes never die -They just get replaced by younger actors.

I do not wish to read about the deaths of these characters till they are much, much older or they could just leave their deaths to mystery. As others have said above they have not had a chance to live their lives in peace. As much as I love to read about these guys having adventures I would like to see them have a some time to enjoy life and all that they have accomplished. These characters have suffered so much and have not had a real opportunity to enjoy what they have done for the galaxy and their children. I do not wish to have any of them die, but if it is to be done I don?t want to read about it till they are very old and have had many years of seeing the galaxy that they helped shape at peace.

5. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    If they ever write about them dying, it'd better be in a peaceful way. Luke in his death bed with Mara and Ben by his side. Han and Leia dying with their family nearby as well.

Though I'd rather they just skip over their deaths and make a mention of it in future EU books. I have this feeling that if they're ever going to pump out more books after the NJO that it's probably gonna be a few decades after, where all the Solo Kids and Ben are grown up and the Original Trio are buried in their graves... or kept in an urn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.