main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will the Empire still exist in some form in the new trilogy? I wonder...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheLateAdmiralPiett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Empire, if it did survive ROTJ, could have simply returned to being the Republic.

2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope there are some remnants out there. Waiting for revenge.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

This is spot on.

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I feel like the saga board shoukd have a thread devoted to what happened to the Empire at the end of ROTJ.

5. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I think it all depend where Episode VII will take place in the chronology of events. If the big three is on board, with the original actors in their role then it's fair to say that it might take place about 25-30 years after ROTJ. If that's the case then I think remnants of the Empire will exist but as a shadow of it's former strenght. All that considering the EU's chronology. They may not regard it at all and then it become hard to guess what is what if they go that way... That's a reboot.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We need to see the equivelant of Hannibal and Carthage arriving while our metaphorical "Rome" is recoiling from a massive hit.

Jcuk and The Hellhammer like this.
  7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    That is a cool thought, but from all we know it would require a Hannibal, a Rome, a Carthage...and in the end an equivalent to Scipio Africanus.

EDIT -- You can more or less copy Scipio's personal story and have a decent fit into GFFA. He was quite a distinguished fella.

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Eh, that didn't work out so well in the EU.

9. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    I would hope that there is some remnant of the Empire left. There is always some people who always long for the old ways to come back, take human history and despots still around who long for old regimes.

10. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    If the story were set in the immediate years after ROTJ then a sympathiser cell would be a given. But it's 30/40 years after. An Empire sympathiser group wouldn't (IMO) be very applicable to a believable story. Palpatines dictatorship had its day, lets move on.

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Disney might not question the idea of the Empire falling in ROTJ.

12. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Might question, or might not question?

13. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
    Fair point. However, the question is whether or not the Empire would exist in some form or another in the ST.
    Besides we're 67 years after WWII and there's still people out there that believe that particular antagonist was right.

14. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Right wing fascists you mean?

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If it was a lowly commander at the time of ROTj that came to rule that would work imo. Pity Piett was killed. Is the guy who played Veers still alive? Have him be ruler or something.

16. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
    Exactly.

Back to the question though, if the rumours of the Hamill, Ford, Fisher signing are true, then this Trilogy will be set 30/40 yrs after ANH. To have the Empire totally eradicated would be a mistake IMO. Better to have them as an irritant while another group causes the problem. Kinda like a chihuahua nipping at the heels of the Republic lol

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah. Have someone try to bring the Empire back to decency. Reshape the Empire's image. I don't want the Empire as the main threat but I want them there. No unified galaxy just yet. Maybe have 2 Imperial factions. Unify the galaxy in X-XII trilogy.

18. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I just wouldn't see the point. It's like these nutcases that still worship Hitler and the Nazi ideals who are still around today. They're just annoying and you think to yourself, 'give it up already! He died ages ago and the worlds moved on'

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Except the 3rd Reich was completely destroyed. We don't know about the Empire.

20. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    True, but in the OT the Empire was made up of conscripts. There were no clones. The Emperor was the be all and end all when it came to the Empire and its will. Whoever was left after the D2 was blown (the super star destroyer bit the dust as well) were just nobodies. The Emperor would've had all his top men at Endor to ensure victory. There was no hint that was happening elsewhere was as grave as the situation at Endor. And the majority of the commanders and whatever were ***t scared of Vader and the Emperor. That's how Palpatine took care of business. So once they're gone, what's the point.

darklordoftech likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm sure that there will be people that fight to the end. Some people had to prosper from being under the Empire. If they believed in it they will fight. I don't think Palpatine would have have everybody there. Back up plan just in case. The galaxy is a large place. I'm sure there were more than enough Admirals and government officials out there that could keep hold of everything if Endor went badly. Someone would step up to keep the rest of the Imperials in line even if a good majority of them went rogue. Some might want power for themselves but if someone rallied them, the Empire will live. The Empire will be smaller than it is now but still there.

22. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Scattered and divided. Well, going on what your suggesting, if there's going to be someone who after all that time has passed has rallied the remnants of a 30/40 year old defeated empire into serious enemy of a New Republic? They better be someone special. Still stick to my opinion though.

23. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
    But doesn't that back up my point. Those nutcases are still around and are irritating. No matter how much we want them to give up, they won't lol

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Those Admirals and government officials might be totally incapable of anything without Palpatine.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Even if the Empire did survive ROTJ, would it still be evil once Palps dies?