main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Will the EU truly reboot?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Yunzabit, May 23, 2015.

1. StarLorrd

StarLorrd Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 18, 2014

I really can

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

You're just trying to egg people on now.

Joe Kalicki likes this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    He can see 11 per cent of the future!

4. StarLorrd

Nov 18, 2014

No tbh

5. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Try to be less pessimistic. There is no way to know that far ahead. Just take things as they come. If there hasn't been anything big in around two to five years than you cam complain. I hope there's something sooner, but I think patience is important.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  6. StarLorrd

Nov 18, 2014

1 - I'm not being pessimistic, I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing at all, and I never said it was. Though I can see how it could be inferred.

2 - I'm genuinely surprised that it isn't obvious to everyone how the new "EU" is going to go. But I guess I can't know how different people see the world.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    And nor can you predict the future.

Sent from the World

Joe Kalicki likes this.
  8. StarLorrd

Nov 18, 2014
    I feel like this is repetitive, but, nor do I have to. You don't have to be psychic to know things that are obviously going to happen.

9. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    Accept the story group acut ally said the contrary will happen. So you really have no reason to think that. Could they change their mind? Yes. But we don't have a reason to think that right now.

10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

I think it is becoming pretty repetitive that all you are saying in your posts is how obvious the direction of the NEU is.

You're just being a troll now.

Joe Kalicki likes this.
  11. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

No point in talking to StarLord. He is just trolling at this point.

12. StarLorrd

Nov 18, 2014

Now you're just being rude. The only reason I'm being slightly repetitive is I keep being quoted by people saying the exact same thing over and over again who obviously haven't been reading the thread.

If you don't want the same answer, then stop asking the same questions. Baffling.

13. JediKnight75

Feb 15, 2011
    I have been reading the entire thread. I'm well aware of all of the developments going on with Star Wars publishing. I just disagree with what you're saying and believe that it doesn't have any supporting evidence.

14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I don't think the entire EU will ever be rebooted fully because countless characters that were created over the last few decades will likely never be brought back. Much of the NEU seems to be gap fillers, character conclusions, character backstories, and content that supports other media (tv/movies). The old EU was more creative and diverse in my opinion, but the NEU could blossom at some point, but with movies and tv series, the scope may be limited by Disney / LFL, so writers may not be given the same freedom that many had under Lucas.

Abadacus likes this.
  15. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    also I dont think their mutually exclusive..There are references to the old EU all over the new books including characters and even events described in earlier books on the new books.

I actually think the official continuity are more inclusive to the old EU now then they ever were .

16. StarLorrd

Nov 18, 2014

That's fair enough. I'm certain you're wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion. Who knows, maybe in ten years they'll give up on making Star Wars films and the story will be pushed forward with novels like the old EU.

I don't need more "supporting evidence" that the sun will come up tomorrow morning about the same time it did today, I just know it. Likewise I don't need any more "supporting evidence" that Star Wars novels won't dominate pushing the timeline forward like the old EU when there's going to be films released every year, it's blindingly obvious.

The closest we might get for a little while to long series might be some novels series between ROTJ and TFA, but even that's not pushing the timeline forward.

I wished you were right though. I want the new EU to be epic just as much as anyone.

17. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I'm just glad I have collected almost all of the old EU books.

Well, let's hope the new EU is epic like the old one was. We shall see.

Iron_lord likes this.