main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Enter the Episode IX Treatment Contest! Details here!

3. READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Discussion Will the First Order survive the sequel trilogy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by Mandalore the Ascendent, Feb 12, 2018.

1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I'm OK with the FO coming back after Episode IX in Episode X and beyond or even the RJ trilogy. But I would also prefer anything from the Unknown Regions or Rey and co. having adventures in Episodes X,XI and XII or RJ's trilogy or even Benoiff and Weiss's upcoming series battling threats like the Killiks and their fleet of Dartships from the Dark Nest trilogy or the Vaagari from Outbound Flight and Survivor's Quest and their fleet of warships. Or even the Chiss and their fleet of warships and Clawfighters then becoming allies fighting threats like the Killiks and/or the Vaagari or how about Nuso Esva and his eastern fleet of warships.

2. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    They might survive but they’ll be changed forever. Those who survive will all get perms.

Jedi Merkurian and GregMcP like this.
  3. themoth

themoth Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2015
    I think aspects will survive but they'll be mostly irrelevant. A time jump could show a new Jedi Order is being trained, bringing everything back full circle.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Why perms? Why not buzz cuts?

Fro's! If you really want some '70's nostalgia in you Star Wars. White guys with Fro's.
    Pull off your stormtrooper helmet and... FOOM. Hair explosion.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  5. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Comb the desert!!!

GregMcP and Darth Smurf like this.
  6. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2015
    They won’t be in the RJ trilogy.

7. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    They will and they’ll create a Deaf Star because in space nobody can hear you scream.

8. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm very partial to the idea of FO being almost a red herring in that IX won't come down to a Resistance vs. FO showdown like in ROTJ. I think it'd make for a much more interesting story if we see the FO fall apart internally as Finn maybe leads a stormtrooper rebellion and the galaxy at large rises up against them. Let's be real, the FO vs. Resistance conflict itself is one of the weaker aspects of this trilogy. This direction would also finally break the Empire vs. Rebels mold of this whole plotline and I think provide a better, more thematically appropriate ending for all 9 movies.

I think the setup is there in TLJ, as I think that movie introduces themes that call for a resolution beyond just a simple military victory in both the force/military plotlines.

9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 22, 2015
    Kylo will kill Hux, writes a book and surprises everyone:
    [​IMG]

10. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe the FO falls and is replaced by a bunch of oligarchs a la post-Soviet Russia?

11. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 22, 2015
    Boris The Animal? [face_laugh]

The Regular Mustache likes this.