Discussion Will the first scene be a Villain intro scene or a hero intro scene?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Loupgarou, Nov 26, 2013.

1. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Go with the hero and then introduce the villain.
  2. DarthHomer Force Ghost

star 5
    I think the film should open with a debate in the senate on the issue of taxation. Then, just as the audience moans "not again" and starts to nod off, a massive bomb goes off wiping out most of the New Republic's senators. The heroes then have to pick up the pieces and track down the terrorist responsible. So I guess that would technically be a villain intro :)
  3. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Whenever I see the title of this thread, I keep thinking of those sitcoms that open up with a character walking into a public establishment while applause goes off.
    Palpatine2016 likes this.
  4. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    So a rip-off of the New Rebellion?
  5. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    My thoughts exactly. Adam Driver = Kueller? [face_skull]
    Force Smuggler and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Condition2SQ Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It will be a shot of Luke reading the GFFA equivalent of AARP magazine on his table..er...datapad.
  7. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    No complaints from me. I liked that book. Works for me.
  8. RyanForder Jedi Master

star 2
    Luke and a young Jedi fighting off some bad guys like TPM. Luke dies. :) feel free to kill me 10x over
  9. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    Me too. One of my favourite EU books actually.
    I'll pass.
  10. Lord Megatron Jedi Knight

I'd rather it be a villain introduction. The villain is usually the instigator in the story, so it makes sense to start with him (or her!) kicking off the plot.
  11. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5
    Abrams movie output for intros: MI:3 - Villain intro (with hero there but basically a villain scene). Star Trek: Villain scene, definitely, with heroes doing stuff. Super 8: montage-y bit but introduces the heroes (but with sad overtones since major bad things just happened). Into Darkness: total hero scene.

So he's even on that. And he's writing the script (with others) on Ep. 7. Looking at his last 2 movies, he's due for a villain intro. But Star Wars has to introduce characters, especially after all this time has passed, so I'm leaning towards an opening much like TPM. Main heroes are in it, villainous overtures.
    Last edited by BigAl6ft6, Mar 11, 2014
  12. Palpatine2016 Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm thinking it will start off with 3PO and R2 in some capacity, then we'll be introduced to one of the new heroes. I don't think the Big 3 will make an appearance until a decent amount of time into the movie. After that they'll probably take a much bigger role.
  13. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    it really depends on the story. i'm leaning more toward a villian oppressing the good guys. since vader and the emperor are dead a new adversary needs to be established.
  14. TX-20 Force Ghost

star 4
    Slo-mo shot of new villain flanked by the Force-ghosts of Sidious and Plagueis. The Three Evilteers!
  15. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    And a slo-mo shot of the villain waving their fabulous wavy hair back and forth in the air.
    TX-20 likes this.
  16. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Or the villain walking away from an explosion without looking back at it.
    Dra--- likes this.
  17. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    first scene will be a starry backdrop of space (as the credits roll away) and then pan down.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Psh that's soooo 2005.
    EHT likes this.
  19. HankSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 2

Yep! Let me know when we have a discussion about whose gonna do the catering on the set.
  20. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    HankSolo likes this.
  21. HankSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    EHT likes this.
  22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    I can picture something like this...

After the crawl disappears, the camera looms down onto Coruscant. A dark ship approaches, and in its belly, the double doors that lead to its docking bay begins to open. A small shuttle drops down from it's harboring vessel and makes its descent through the thick clouds of Coruscant. Inside it's cockpit, a helmeted pilot presses buttons and switches to direct his lord's ship towards the old industrial sector of the planet. Some minutes later the shuttle starts it preparations to land, and after doing so, one of the factory buildings cargo bay doors down below opens to receive its recipients. As the Shuttle settles in the building's docking bay, the ship's ramp lowers to the floor. A dark figure emerges and walks down it, and after glancing around as if trying to sense something nearby, resumes his way towards a doorway leading further into the building. Some time passes as he makes his way through, until at last he comes to a particular room — a room with little light. In it and seated in a high chair with computer displays all around him sat another dark figure deep in meditation. As the newcomer enters and bows before his dark master — the Dark Lord of the Sith and former apprentice to the late Emperor Palpatine raises his head and smiles a wicked grin at his recently discovered apprentice.
    Last edited by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, Mar 12, 2014
  23. Beezer Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, there's a part of me that think maybe the first scene will be a flashback. Yes, I know that would be very un-Star-Wars-ian, but I have no doubt there are plenty of un-Star-Wars-ian surprises in store for us with the sequels.
  24. Darth_Downunder Chosen One

star 5
  25. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I say a rather insignificant (in respect to the plot) hero scene... something involving Luke or Han Solo landing/arriving at a destination. Since their first appearance onscreen will trigger a rather crazy response, it would make sense for it to be a rather innocuous moment (so that nothing important is missed).
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Mar 13, 2014
    Iron_lord likes this.