Discussion Will the first scene be a Villain intro scene or a hero intro scene?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by Loupgarou, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Something like the opening to The Fellowship of the Ring?
  2. Visivious Drakarn Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'll base my speculation on this matter on the previous two trilogy-opening movies, TPM and ANH.

They all start with some kind of interaction between the heroes and villains. While we can argue about the heroes part because Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Leia are not the main heroes, the villains part is quite clear. In TPM it starts with the villains' henchmen, but soon after the main one appears as hologram. In ANH it starts with the stormtroopers, but a second later there's Vader... For this occasion I'd skip Palpatine in the OT.

So I'd guess that at the beginning of Ep 7 there will be some event that'll involve both heroes and villains, probably secondary heroes and the villains' henchmen with possible appearance of the main villain.

I'd like that they keep the main hero's appearance for at least 10-15 minutes in the movie (as it was done with Anakin and Luke), and skip TPM's Sidious' recipe of appearing every 20 minutes and OT's when he finally appears in the last movie. My ideal scenario would be to show the main villain in the second part of the movie.
    Iron_lord likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Please no flashbacks of villains. I prefer the ominousness.
  4. HegoDamask Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Opening of the film will be a villain me-thinks, then the first act will focus on Han, Luke, Leia, Lando and supporting characters coming together from across the galaxy; to face said threat.