main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the Hapans, Chiss, Mandalorians, and others possibly appear in the Legacy comics?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The Legacy crew has also been very good at referencing and bringing back long-forgotten and obscure worlds and species, but what about the other major powers in the galaxy?

I know we already have a lot of factions to deal with in GA/Imperial/Sith space:
    -the One Sith Empire
    -the plotting Moffs (especially Nyna Calixte and Morlish Veed)
    -Fel's insurgency on Bastion
    -Stazi's GA Remnant fleet
    -the Hidden Temple Jedi
    -the Imperial Mission (run by the ambiguous Konrad Rus)
    -the criminal underworld (Rav, Queen Jool, Bounty Hunter Guild, Black Sun)
    -Cade's gang
    -the Yuuzhan Vong (hiding on Sekot somewhere in the Unknown Regions)
    -some rebel Sith factions may form in the future too

But what about the rest of the galaxy?

There is a Chiss on the Moff Council, and there seem to be claims Roan Fel was hiding in Chiss space before capturing Bastion.
    The Sith assassin thought it was possible that Cade fled to Ossus OR Hapan space, seeming to indicate they would be friendly to Jedi or at least Skywalkers.
    The Battle of Caamas was fought under intelligence that Roan Fel was about to ally with the Hapans and Chiss, I believe.
    There was a solider in #4 who was said to be a former Mandalorian.

Do you think the Hapans, Chiss, and Mandalorians may play a role in future Legacy issues?

What kind of role do you think they might play?

Who else would you like to see, or places you would like to visit and see how much they've changed in 100 years, in Legacy?

Some Random Ideas: the Killiks? the Corellians? the Hutts? the Duros? the Bothans? Corporate Sector? the Naboo? the Ssi-Ruuk? the Anzati? (they featured in Republic comics, have been mentioned in Legacy) the Tof? (we have the Nagai and the Zeltrons) the Wookiees? Commenor? Fondor? Kuat? the Vaagari? the Trandoshans? the Caamasi? the Noghri? Ilum? Dathomir? the Ithorians? the Neimoidians? the Muun? Jabiim? Utapau? Felucia? Kamino? Geonosis? Mustafar? Falleen? Haruun Kal? Rodia? Ryloth? the Barabels? Malastare? the Sullustans? the Verpine? Tython? the Kwa? (their mystery was first mentioned in the Republic comics) the Celestials/Architects? the Rakatans/Gree/Sharu/Columi? Star Dragons? Force Demons? the Silentium/Abominor? Yavin? Endor? Bespin? Hoth? Dagobah? Tattooine?

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I find it interesting that Joker Squad likes to toss in the odd bit of Mando'a just to keep up speculation. There must be some connection [face_thinking]

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Personally I'd enjoy seeing more of these groups, but I expect the reason we haven't is probably because they just want to leave these things open for the novels.

4. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I know that this is more about the factions... but what about another Chiss character - a Chiss Sith? :eek:

Would he have red skin with red eyes, or would he have orange eyes once he's really angry? [face_mischief]

I'm not sure if the comic needs more factions right now - I think the Galactic Alliance remnant, for example, could receive some more attention before the comic is creating new construction sites...

5. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I get the vague impression that the Mandalorians are extinct again by Legacy.

6. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    That would fit with what I've heard. And what do you mean by again, Trip... thanks to recent cannon the Mandalorians didn't go extinct during the PT. Unless the cartoon show fixes that. Please please please...

There's so much I want to see addressed in Legacy... so many questions lingering about what happened to who and what. But they don't want to pidgeon-hole the novels I imagine. Wonder if John finds it hard to write around this stuff...

7. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Well, they were extinct, and then they got better.

8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I believe Ostrander said that the rumors about Hondo claimed he was once a Mandalorian, but that it didn't mean that it was true...

9. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    The Chiss are a tricky topic, due to various continuity issues. :p The Hapans would certainly be fun to see, though. A visually VERY interesting group. :D

I reckon Boba and Fenn cloned them for a laugh, some time around the start of the NJO. :p

- The Imperial Ewok

10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm still trying to figure out how the Mandalorians could have been extinct, yet fighting the Empire in Marvel, clearly enslaved. It seems like recent cannon just cut out the middle man and gave Marvel some love.;)

11. TIEDefenderPilot

TIEDefenderPilot Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2003
    Maybe it is just me, but I would kind of like the Hapans to go away forever. There are so many more interesting cultures, I would rather see a resurgence of the Noghri or something.

Maybe we could see what the Black Sun is up to with all that is going on.

12. DarthUr

DarthUr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Given Randy Stradley's highly negative feelings about being pressured to put Mandalorians in his comics in the past, I kind of doubt Mandalorians will show up as a major force in Legacy. (And frankly I'm glad.)

13. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Like I said: they got better (see Mandalore the Resurrector).

Cannon, as they say, go boom.

14. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Mandalorian extinction was actually the first thing we knew about them, way back to the ESB novel.

15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I never knew about the Empire Strikes back novel, I'll have to check that out.:)

Would it not be more accurate though to say that the Mandalorian Super Commando's became extinct, but not the Mandalorian people as a whole. Thats where my question really is. If according to Marvel Shysa came back to fight to free the Mandalorian people then they were far from extinct, even if their wing of super warriors was.

16. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    If Mandos are extinct in Legacy, they will be resurrected in some post-Legacy work. That's how things tend to go in EU.

17. jacenskylo

jacenskylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Personally I like the idea that the Alliance will contract the Anzati to be both their spies and assassins to be used against the sith while at the same time using them to keep an eye on Fel

18. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    And how are they going too stop them from ,,tasting some soup,, during their work?

19. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    The Mandalorians are the "wing of super warriors". It doesn't matter how many people decended from Mandalorians there are living in former Mandalorian territory. If there are no bands of warriors following the Mandalorian code the Mandalorians are extinct.

20. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    We always get better. [face_mischief]

I don't at all get the impression that Mandos are "extinct" in the Legacy era, however. You need to have extant Mandos, after all, in order to have ex Mandos. :p

Exactly. The original ESB novelization, after all, only vaguely alluded to "a group of warriors" being destroyed by the Jedi during the Clone Wars.

21. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I sure hope not. Hapans, Chiss and Mandalorians have been done to death lately and I'd really rather the Legacy comics deliver more new stuff.

Sure, the good guys are going to use vampires as their agents. I guess it won't be hard, to contact the Anzati they can just go to their homeworld that was apparently supposed to be a mythical planet totally unknown to outsiders, up until the Republic series when it was apparently a spot on the map with it's own spaceport. You see? Retreading old ground is never good.

22. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    What, you mean like Stormtroopers, TIE Fighters, Star Destroyers, Yuuzhan Vong, opressed Mon Calamari, Jedi purges, Sith Emperors... [face_whistling] :p

23. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    ESB novel doesn't say they were destroyed, just defeated by the Jedi.

and let us remember they are immortal. Who cares who's behind the mask as long as the mask survives. Kill them all, and someone else will come along follow their code and rebuild. And then again you'll find yourself in a situaion where you go from 1 Mandalorian to Millions. As the recent EU as displayed.

24. jacenskylo

jacenskylo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    I think it's fair to say that alot of Star Wars has been retreaded in one form or another. Doesn't mean the the story can't or won't be entertaining.

25. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    ,,I sure hope not. Hapans, Chiss and Mandalorians have been done to death lately and I'd really rather the Legacy comics deliver more new stuff.,,

A species from the old Marvel comics would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.