main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WILL THE IRAQI WAR AFFECT THE CLONES WAR CARTOON ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darthgetalife, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgetalife

darthgetalife Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    Well there are threads like this in the others SW Films ? trying to guess what effect ( if any ) of the currents events into the Star Wars " world".

I have decided to start this particular thread because i personally have one fear.

From what i got these Clones Wars cartoons will be 2/3 minutes shorts like bulletins of the battles to be shown into the breaks of the actual Cartoon Network grade .

My point is that if this war still be going on by the time the CW cartoons are suposed to start airing wouldn't they bring the notion that it would be a mockery of the real battle reports at the same time ?

Could someone be ofended by these " journals/flashes" of war news while a true war is going on in the world.

Would be wise to show an episode about the death of tenths of Jedi while CNN/Fox will be airing news about the death of tenths of GI Joes ?

See i believe the format annouced can be troublesome.

Discuss it people .

2. Darth_Malt

Darth_Malt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    The war with Iraq will be over by December 2003. Our troops are already less than 100 miles from Baghdad. It hasn't even been a weak and their regime is falling apart.

The war will not affect the Clone Wars cartoon in anyway.

3. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Darth_Malt beat me to it. But if the war is still going on by then, they might postpone or even cancel (I hope not) the airing of the Clone Wars cartoon, out of respect for the RL soldiers in Iraq, and because it could be considered tasteless/inappropriate to show war cartoons while a real war is raging. Kinda like they cancelled terrorism-related movies after 9/11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.