main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will the Jedi Order be fully rebuilt in the ST or the SST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Sep 9, 2015.

?

Will the Jedi Order be fully rebuilt in

Poll closed May 1, 2017.
  1. Episodes VIII and IX

75.0%
  2. or the SST Episodes X-XII coming 2021?

37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    ACDC had created a thread that was closed but interested me a lot was in that thread Did Luke Fail? was that the New Jedi Order might not be fully reestablished until Episode X which may come out as early as 2021(I hope for the earlier) or no later than 2025 or 2027. Luke should be an Obi-Wan type Jedi Master in the ST. He could have at least trained some Jedi but perhaps in secret when he's currently in exile as we will see in the ST. But from what I've been hearing that the Galaxy will be like the Wild West or the Dark Ages with no proper government to run the galaxy. There will be or there has been a New Republic but has probably fallen due to the ongoing battle with the First Order vs. the Resistance as is what the New Republic has been demoted to. And there should be a need for new Jedi Knights to protect the galaxy in his desperate era yet. But Luke fears of training new Jedi for fear they will turn to the dark side. Perhaps the Knights of Ren may have been former students of Luke but fell to the dark side.

Luke will likely start to train Rey and Finn to start the New Jedi Order. But will he train more Jedi padawans in Episodes VIII and IX and will there be a New Jedi Order in time to fight against the Knights of Ren and the First Order in the final land and space battle of Episode IX or will Luke pass the rebuilding of a New Jedi Order to Rey and Finn to rebuild the Jedi Order in Episodes X-XII to fight more Imperial Factions like the Second and Third Order or to defeat the Knights of Ren once and for all? I suspect that we may get Episode X as early as 2021.

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I want Luke to rebuild the new Jedi order. He must be the one to do it. [face_praying]

starocean90 likes this.
  3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

It was Yoda's dying wish:

[​IMG]

4. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Man, you should focus on the sequel trilogy for now. I really don't understand your obsession with the "sequel sequel trilogy" that is at least six years away from happening.

Tommytom likes this.
  5. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    It's way too early to (seriously/realistically, but we could definitely dream) think about the SST, it won't even be announced for at least a decade. Thus far all the trilogies have been at the very least 10 years apart.

My personal theory is that Luke rebuilt the Jedi Order - I call it the Order of Jedi since it sounds cool and New Jedi Order is a mouthful - within the 30 years between ROTJ and TFA. However, the dark side still haunted the galaxy, and eventually Luke's Jedi Order was destroyed from within; essentially, the Jedi Knights turned on each other. With the Order of Jedi nearly extinct (or rather, the Jedi Order extinct yet again) Luke went into hiding in order to better understand the "true nature of the Force" so that he could once again rebuild the Jedi Order - the "right" way. Meanwhile, however, those dark knights still taunted the galaxy. They became the Knights of Ren.

6. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    It's actually impossible for Luke to rebuild the Order. Way too big a task for any one person. However, Luke could and should be the one to get it started. He should be the one to establish the new rules and he should be the one to train the first handful of new Jedi. That way all Jedi will be the product of his philosophy. That's the only way it can be realistic. Unless he somehow lives thousands of years Luke will never see a completely rebuilt Order. His legacy will be the foundation from which all new Jedi spring from.

Tommytom likes this.
  7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no it wasn't.

8. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Honestly, if the Jedi Order does get "fully rebuilt" in a future film, I want it to be pretty different from the one we saw in the prequels. It'd be great to see Luke restructure them into being more akin to how George initially saw the Jedi in RotJ, as being two sects: mainly Jedi Masters ("Force wizards" a la OT Yoda) and a smaller portion of Jedi Knights (like Obi-Wan and Anakin).

9. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I'm obsessed with the SST because it was rumored on MarketSaw back in 2012 when Disney bought Lucasfilm and announced the ST and somebody had said that there are two trilogies in the works and the plan is to go right into Episodes X-XII right after Episodes VII-IX. I wish Disney or Lucasfilm would confirm this no matter how long Episode X will be made and hit theaters.

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Eventually it will sour. The Jedi organisation becoming part of the Establishment, the New Republic's political machine.
    And then old Luke will walk away, giving a fresh face instructions to begin again.

11. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    There wont be a jedi order....just how there will be no sith, JJ and Kathleen cant and wont pass up the opportunity to put their stamp on the new movies(KOR, BB-8) by creating a new group of light side users.

12. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    There should be a New Jedi Order to rise again to protect the galaxy from any threats whatsoever. Whether they are Imperial Factions or alien threats from the Unknown Regions or extragalactic. I always thought that it was logical for the SW saga to end with a New Jedi Order much like there was an Old Jedi Order in the Old Republic era before ANH. I always thought the Jedi Order was going to be rebuilt at it's former glory at the end of Episode IX. But I suspect now because of what I have heard that the state of the galaxy will be in TFA and the rest of the ST a lawless galaxy of many factions similar to the Mad Max films but in another galaxy where galactic travel is not only commonplace but taken for granted. A fully revived Jedi Order won't occur till at least Episode X or the end of Episode XII. And now since there is a strong and close to be confirmed rumor that there will be Episodes X-XII. I want the Jedi Order to be reestablished in Episode X at least and of course I hope and suspect that Episode X will hit theaters and IMAX screens May 2021!

13. TheLateAdmiralPiett

Oct 1, 2004
    I'm really having trouble understanding why you can't just focus on the sequel trilogy...

14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    He has ADHDSST

TheLateAdmiralPiett likes this.
  15. TheLateAdmiralPiett

Oct 1, 2004
    Must be...

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  17. TheLateAdmiralPiett

Oct 1, 2004
    ^^^ Also this.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but seeing your various "SST" threads is becoming really tiresome. The sequel trilogy is what should matter to you at the moment, as they are the current films. There's nothing wrong with being curious about future films, but you are going strangely overboard.

Avnar likes this.
  18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    thejeditraitor and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.