main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the new Clone Wars series take place...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by slimybug, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    ...before Chapter 1 of the old ones, or between Chapters 20 and 21?

Slimy!

2. sergejg

sergejg Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2002
    that's a dificult question. I guess between 20 and 21, I think it makes more sense than exploiting more the begining of the clone wars.

3. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    Or maybe during RotS, but thats just a possibilty, it would be cool to see even more of Order 66.

4. DeathToDaDooku

DeathToDaDooku Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    between 21 and 22 cause THAT makes since. what is there to tell between 20 and 21? the many adventures of the arc troopers on there way to save the jedi? no i think it will focus on anikan after he becomes a knight

5. Hawthorne_Heights

Hawthorne_Heights Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Wait, there's gonna be a new Clone Wars Series? Is it another cartoon? There already doing a live action show between III and IV and already have a Clone Wars cartoon. We don't need a third.

6. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Just to be sure, are you saying we don't need more Star Wars?

I beg to differ, at least when it's done well.

DU.

7. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    It's going to be computer animated, and will apparently take place before Chapter 1 or, as DeathTodaDooku corrected me, between Chapters 21 and 22. We don't know which yet.

Slimy!

8. Hawthorne_Heights

Hawthorne_Heights Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    Does anyone know when it'll start

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Just to be sure, are you saying we don't need more Star Wars?

I beg to differ, at least when it's done well.

Well - we don't need more Clone Wars IMHO. Some OT-era cartoons, or post RotJ, or even KOTOR-era cartoons would be awsome!
    It's just that - we've already seen the Clone Wars.

10. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    Well i would like to see more clone war cartoons

11. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    i guess its a possibility that the new series will occur between 21 and 22, but i have trouble imagining what it would consist of. wouldn't it pretty much be just a string of action adventures? granted they might be entertaining in their own right, but as Hawthorne_Heights and TigerCraneFist indicated, there would be little point to them.

taking each "season" of the previous clone wars into account, both had fairly substantial significance to the saga as a whole.

season one was mainly the fun factor: just seeing a lot of jedi/clone/battle droid action, with some cool new characters thrown in for good measure. in my view the asajj ventress duel with anakin brought him closer to the dark side. otherwise, the stories gave us insight into the nature of the clone wars themselves without having the weight of advancing the main story too much. it also introduced general grievous, who we knew would become a significant character in the movie. his bad @$$ reputation is pretty well established here, even tho it doesn't play out that much in ROTS.

season two i've only seen twice, but it delves much more into anakin's development and increasingly conflicted nature. the friendship of obi-wan and anakin is more evident here than the first season or AOTC, due largely i'm sure to anakin's growing maturity. not to mention showing anakin BECOMING A FREAKIN' JEDI KNIGHT. incredibly, it shows the ceremony and ritual surrounding his knighting as well. i still find it hard to believe this was never portrayed in any of the films. it goes a long way toward demonstrating how seriously GL considers the tv efforts. also featured were the attack on coruscant leading right into ROTS, the "capture" of palpatine, the wounding of grievous, etc.

and these are "just" the CARTOONS. all in all, i see the tv endeavors showing more minor bits of the overall saga that were either hinted at, suggested, or alluded to in the films, but weren't important enough to spend screen time on. ie, stuff that relates only tangentially to the rise, fall, and redemption of anakin.

what will the cg clone wars consist of? i like to think it will relate to the overall saga in some way, something that advances the STORY, at least in tangential ways. so i tend to see it occurring AFTER ROTS. the setup is when palpatine tells anakin to order the droid armies shut down. their conversation cuts right to padme's ship coming in, with anakin becoming aware of her impending arrival. he can shortly be seen fast approaching the deck as her ship lands.

now, call me crazy, but i highly doubt anakin stopped to talk to a bunch of robots to delay his seeing padme, especially when the circumstances suggested to him that something might be wrong (he had asked her to wait for him).

palpatine refers to the shutting down of the droids onscreen, an act that if carried out would imply the end of the war. we do not see the order ever carried out. palpatine may even be under the impression that they had been shut down, since he had already given the order to anakin. this seems to leave the way wide open for the droid armies to continue attacking, thereby continuing the clone vs. droid war.

going out on a limb here, but i suspect that someone with sympathy for the rebellion or somebody with an axe to grind (asajj ventress, perhaps?) will take command of the droid armies, providing the catalyst for further clone wars, post-ROTS. could even be mon mothma, but i don't want to speculate too much.

my two cents...

12. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I think next year.

13. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Isn't Chapter 21 more or less a direct continuation of Chapter 20? I believe that it is, so the new CW series wouldn't take place between those episodes. Having it take place between 21 and 22--elaborating on the friendship and adventures of the newly-Knighted Anakin and his master Obi-Wan--would be pretty ideal, IMO.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Chapter 21 spans a great deal of time though, so the new show could occur after the Jedi rescue from Grievous (set 4 months ABG) but before the Jedi Council scenes discussing Anakin's knighthood (set 30 months ABG).

15. tjguitar

tjguitar Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    I thought the live action show was gonna take place after Ep VI...

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    No, the live action show will be set between trilogies.

17. master_ghost

master_ghost Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    What we need is a KOTOR series.

18. green-boy

green-boy Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2004
    between 21 and 22. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.