Speculation Will the new trilogy be about the skywalkers?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    He's a question, will this be about the skywalkers? I know it may have been discussed, but look at this!. Why? well, take a look.
    [IMG]

See, the first 6 movies are now called the Skywalker Saga. Do you think this might mean something, or is it just nothing?
    JainaSoloYJK and Summer Dreamer like this.
  2. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    Definitely about the Skywalkers. This is from Lucas in the forward to the 1994 release of Splinter of the Mind's Eye:

3. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Difficult to say. So far my understanding is that they are going to make episodes 7, 8, 9 and then other star wars films. If those other star wars films do not come with "episode 10 etc" then maybe these next three really will tie into the 6 that we have. If that's the case then the Skywalkers will no doubt be prominent before the star wars films finally branch off into other adventures.
  4. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    The PT dealt with the first generation of Skywalkers born of the Force (Anakin)

The OT deal with the second generation (Luke, Leia)

The ST will deal with the next generation.

It makes perfect sense. Star Wars is a story of generations.
    Blue_10 likes this.
  5. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I would consider anything Lucas said about the ST before yesterday to be completely out the window. For God's sake, the man changes his mind a lot, and he's not going to be the only one behind this.
    TheMasterOfSoresu likes this.
  6. Spazmatron Jedi Master

star 3
    Since they said that it will be an "original story" maybe we might get something among the lines of the rest of Anakin's family? o_O
  7. Rodimus1980 Jedi Grand Master

I would say yes. At least the next trilogy. Anything after that is fair game! You want to see a potential future? Go watch all the cinematic cut-scenes for "Star Wars - The Old Republic" A movie like those would make us all wet ourselves.
  8. TheMasterOfSoresu Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I hope not. Not a fan of prophesies.

I feel the prequel tarnished the original too much. I hope they step away from both.
  9. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    The ST will deal with the Skywalkers, either Luke Skywalker or his descendent. That will be constant.
  10. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I won't be the Skywalker Saga if it doesn't deal with a Skywalker, who that is and when they are around is the thing.
    Having a trilogy supposedly following on from ROTJ that has nothing to do with the past 6 movies or their characters seems pointless, why bother calling it Episode VII?
  11. LANDOROCKS Jedi Padawan

Luke (Hamill) will be 65 or so when this next movie comes out, so his kids could be anywhere from 15-30 years old or around the same age as Luke when he first appeared.

I think you'll have the most continuity with the OT in the first of the ST, so you set up Luke being the old Jedi master and some new threat/Sith whatever kills him off at the end of the first one. His son or daughter (or both?) then have to track down and destroy this new threat to peace.

Add in some plot twists and background stuff and bobs your uncle, you have a new SW trilogy!
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  12. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    The skywalker tale is complete, the universe is established, let's meet new characters please..The galaxy is so big let's meet new charcters
  13. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    that screen cap needs more red arrows.
  14. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    It is highly probable that the ST will revolve around new main characters. However, the movies should not ignore the heritage of the first six movies. They should be referenced, nodded to, and fully embraced. The EU on the other hand can. Be dealt with as necessary or convenient for the story. I do think it unlikely to expect to not see characters from the first six films pop up.

Sent from TapaTalk HD
  15. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    OK, but this is Episode VII of the Skywalker Saga, not a new seperate series of movies.

If it was an independent series of films with no relation to the past story or characters, why give them continuing numbers?
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, Nov 1, 2012
    Heero_Yuy likes this.
  16. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    I hope not, I don't particularly like any of them and I think their story has been concluded satisfactorily.

But yes, it will include a Skywalker.
  17. Heero_Yuy Chosen One

star 4
    ^ Indeed, people need to accept that Lucas is going back on his party line about the saga being "The Tragedy of Darth Vader." If he weren't, it'd be referred to as the ANAKIN SKYWALKER Saga instead of the Skywalker Saga.
  18. kevmp Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I love that picture of Mark with the goofy grin...you can just see the enthusiasm and excitement he had when he got cast as Luke Skywalker
  19. JediMJS Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guys, Star Wars is the story of a family. We will have Skywalkers, Solos, or Solo or Skywalker offspring. I don't think that's a question.
  20. Chrono85 Jedi Master

star 1
    I say let the new trilogy focus on new Skywalker(s) or at least new Solo(s) (which may actually be a better idea). This way it can be a trilogy of trilogies about the Skywalker family, which is nice and symmetrical :). The subsequent movies can be stand alones or whatever, and move away from the Skywalkers.
  21. MandaloreTheNerdy Jedi Padawan

I was thinking the same thing maybe have a sith holocron of an ancient sith lord train the new sith and then they open up the old republic.
  22. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, the whole Vader/Skywalker thing is finished. That doesn't mean they can't use the same basic outlines of the trilogies. The coming of age story, the conflict, and the resolution. But I really hope they realize that the story is one of cycles. Circuits. Rather than a linear story about each generation. I think the next trilogy could be about a completely different person, a non-Skywalker, but they would still have to go through the same motions.
  23. GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Master

star 1

[IMG]
    kevmp, Vespasian and LawJedi like this.
  24. Gen_Jaycen_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree the entire Skywalker story has come full circle and the "Chosen One" brought down the sith-lord incharge of the empire to bring peace back to the Republic.

However, what the story could involve is the remaining empire is still at large across the galaxy even though the emperor is now deceased...and there true defenders of the galaxy (the Rebels of the Republic) are having a challenging time "cleaning up" things and ridding the remaining Troops and factions of the Empire.

Thus, I believe that with a newer threat coming in to "claim-stake" of the fractioned Empire may be a Sith(s) lords...and where Skywalker comes back into the story is how he is attempting to rebuild the Jedi-Council as Defenders or "Peace-Keepers" of the galaxy in conjunction with the new Republic.
  25. Jango_Fett21 Force Ghost

star 3
    Given the context in which the 'Skywalker Saga' label appears, I honestly believe people are reading way too much into this whole thing.
    Last edited by Jango_Fett21, Nov 1, 2012