Speculation Will the new trilogy be about the skywalkers?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Vespasian Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I also want to see new heroes! But I have no problem with them being Skywalkers.;)

Anyway, it's funny how the Saga basically came back to its roots: originally it was the Adventures of Luke Skywalker, then the Tragedy of Darth Vader, now: the Skywalker Saga. Since Jedi are not supposed to be married, the new Skywalkers should be Leia's kids... or Anakin's distant nephews from the planet Aquilae.

Skywalkers rule.
  2. mourning dewback Jedi Padawan

I am guessing Luke is an Uncle and mentor to kid or kids born to Leia, and the story flows from there with a new cast. You gotta have Luke and Leia though. It's a great opportunity.
    black_saber likes this.
  3. Remeral Vhett Jedi Padawan

Well, since the original trilogy stars Luke, and the prequel stars Anakin, I am led to believe that the third trilogy will feature Luke's child, or at the very least a direct descendant (i.e. grandchild, great-grandchild, etc.) Hopefully, it'll be Ben from the EU. I also want the Solo children to be included, and have the Big Three as background characters- not featured but still important to the story line like they are in the Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi series.
  4. EviL_eLF Chosen One

star 4
    If it's about any Skywalker, it'll be Ben not Luke. Luke's story is pretty much done. I expect he'll be in it, but may die in the first one thus severing all ties to the original cast.
  5. stellarmagic01 Force Ghost

star 4
    And if it's Ben and Luke dies... wow, I mean that'd be an awesomely heartbreaking moment since well... it's his dad and his Obi-Wan at the same time. Ouch.
  6. Darth_Oracle Force Ghost

star 4
    Couldn't agree more!
    black_saber and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  7. Krueger Chosen One

star 4
    If it will have nothing to do with the Skywalker family, then it wouldn't be called Episode VII. This trilogy is clearly the "Sequel Trilogy" to the OT. I expect at least Luke and Leia to show up. The Droids are also a no-brainer.
    Last edited by Krueger, Nov 1, 2012
  8. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Aw, man...all this talk of death...I have a feeling some movie in the new trilogy is going to make me cry...:(
  9. whostheBossk Force Ghost

star 4
    From what I can gather, this will be interesting, especially because I would think it will have Han and Leia's kids. Plural meaning twins, so that way you have one good and one who gets jealous and turns to a hidden and yet announced sith lord.
  10. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Bring me my pretty Skywalker family. That is all.
  11. Roberto Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I thought the logical choice would be about the Solo family with their 3 kids.
  12. bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Master

star 2
    Is it about wars in space?? Good god, redundant...
  13. Trebor Sabreon Chosen One

star 4
    To me, the best, most logical choice of character to serve as the protagonist in these next films, while maintaining thematic continuity with I-VI, is Luke's son.

Like most things, it depends upon one's point-of-view, I suppose.
  14. BountyHunter76 Jedi Master

^^
    I agree. For the overall arc across the three trilogies, Luke's son would be my choice as well. Grandpa fell to the Dark Side. Dad stayed good. You carry both genes... what will you do?

There is so much you could work with internally with a concept every viewer can relate to: good vs. evil and the choices you make.
    TreborSabreon likes this.
  15. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    Just make sure they are not making out and kissing on the lips!!!!!
  16. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    My money is on a Solo kid. The name Solo is well known and it connects very well to the OT (better than a Luke kid would because Luke had no love interest besides Leia).
    Last edited by Darth_Pevra, Apr 2, 2013
  17. GoJohnnyGo Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm thinking Skywalkers or Binks...

Serioulsy - I think it will be about the Skywalkers.... The entire ST.... I just hope they don't repeat themes....
  18. Sum-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Will the new trilogy be about the skywalkers?

[IMG]
    TreborSabreon and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  19. Miras-Etrin Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    It´s not significant, but I would kinda wish that after Ep´s III and VI´s titles ended by the words "Sith" and "Jedi" respectively, EpIX should end by "Skywalker" by the way.
  20. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    May not be a Skywalker as such, but I reckon it'll certainly be the Skywalker bloodline