main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will The NR ever Defeat the Vong? (SbS SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Katarn15, Oct 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Dude the chiss hella suck major crapo. I don't expect them to be much use.

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The NR wont beat the Vong. The New Rebel Alliance will.

3. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    I think what will happen is all of the military and Adrimal Kre'fey, sick of all the rules and regs of the NR, will carve out their own little place in the unknown region. All of the skywalker/solo family will join, as well as all of the jedi. The NR politicians will negotiate with the vong, and will all get killed

4. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    vaderbait: i think that's pretty much how non-humans felt under the emperors rule.....

Anyway, i don't think wedge would be up to it. he doesn't seem to much into politics of the new rep., but he learns and plays whatever games he needs to in order to get what he needs. Ackbar is long retired and i doubt he'll be \back in any major sense. Maybe he'll do some consulting with the fleet and help them pout that way. As for Bel Iblis, i don't know, how old is he anyway?

Borsk will probably survive, just to make us mad. He's too good of a manipulative character to lose, and besides lately he doesn't seem to be doing a bad job of getting all contrasting parties in the Senate to cooperate. For example, on Luke's arrest.

Maybe the NR won't completely fall, but be left in turmoil. Instead the new "Rebel Alliance" will gain strength and eventually assimilate itself into the dieing NR to resurrect it in a sense. This is of course after they kick some Vong @$$.

5. Katarn15

Katarn15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2001
    I beleive that the NR will also Be taken over by the military somehow such as ker'frey etc.

6. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm starting to lean more towards the 'abandon the galaxy' idea. Plus,it'd make all the books that come after the NJO really interesting.

7. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    The What The?
    WHAT THE?
    Is that just a theory of yours or is their some evidence of it being a likely scenario?
    cause that would hella suck.
    (putting it bluntly.)

My 0.2
    NR dies, Jedi incite and lead revolution within Vong Heirachy led by shamed ones. Shaper Caste nearly all killed, Largish and potent faction of Warrior caste survive and rally around Lah and Shimmra. Nem Yim unleashes her 'creations', major havoc as more worlds die and this warrior enclave continues to resist to momentum of the Jedi and the new rebellion - who manage to destroy hordes of Vong ships, bases and warriors through the shamed ones revolt.
    Final HC, major battle b/w warrior faction and Jedi/rebels. space battle + Jedi Battle at end, with Shimmra, Lah, Yim, possible a jedi Vong (wonder who?) and the solo kids, Luke and possible kyp, leia or Mara.
    big bang, Jedi just win, possibly at the cost of major Jedi's life.
    not many people left, many worlds destroyed, and still a large ground based population of Vong on many worlds. but for now, fleets and leaders gone, danger past.
    post-NJO will be conflicts with these Vong planets and provinces still existing (ala bantam books and warlord-of-the-month-seizing-control-of-empire-and-rallying-forces-scenario)
    and the rebuilding of a government and life for citizenry.

Enjoy all, ave a good night (or day, depending on time zone)
    adieu.

8. Katarn15

Jul 16, 2001
    Just out of curiosity whats the new rebel alliance ? Many of you mentioned this on your post, any idea in which book this will occur, the NR disinigrating and the new alliance formed.

9. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    No P-O-T, it's not my idea originally. It was mentioned in another thread, but I can't remember which. I guess it just stuck with me as an interesting idea

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    P-O-T has an interesting scenario... and a very likely one. I will not be surprised if that is what will happen.

Okay, just a fun little point: I f there will be a New Rebel Alliance, and they'll create a Republic, then what will they call it? The NEw NEw Republic? New Republic 1.1?
    The New-and-Improved Republic?
    Third Republic?

Just a thought.

Ara
    (Having a headache and skipping drama...)

11. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Actually it would be the Fifth Republic, I think. Ask Val... I think it's Val... Or is it Genghis ?

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    Fifth!?!

Oh my...

Ara
    (Snif. There is nothing else to say.)

13. Katarn15

Jul 16, 2001
    When will the NJO be over anyways ?

14. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    After the fifth hardcover...in like 2005, i think.

Say, what else is happening in 2005... :D

15. Katarn15

Jul 16, 2001
    What about the chiss. I'm not a big fan like chissdude, but still from what it says in the hand of thrawn that there was a threat out there outside of the galaxy that the NR could never imagine. They might have a pivatol role in the remainder of the war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.