main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will The OT Cast Be Used To Connect The New Films?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by The-Eternal-Hero, Apr 18, 2013.

1. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It occurred to me that some of the OT cast, and not just "the big three," might be brought back in various ways to bridge the new films, the way the MMU trades and swaps actors for cameos and epilogues etc. Having Mark, Harrison & Carrie on set, they might actually take advantage of it and film scenes for the "stand alone" features in the same way Ian Holme and Elijah Wood were used to bridge The Hobbit to the Lord of the Rings trilogy (although I think this could be done far more organically with SW).

I actually think this would be wise, setting up a new, tighter "movie continuity" that could extend to things like "prequel" mini films for the 'net and so forth, to bring the whole new SWU into some kind of self contained cohesion. It could even tie the new films in tightly with the LAS.

I think it's an idea worthy of speculation . . .

(I will add that I'm not talking about some kind of "viral" form of storytelling where you have to follow a lot of extraneous content in order to know what the heck is going on, ala Prometheus and Defiance. I'm talking strictly about making the new stories flow together.)

2. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that it won't be the case.... it makes sense in the LOTR/Hobbit movies....we have a lot of flashbacks..... and it fitted the narrative structure of the LOTR movies.

Yes...it worked for the Last Young Indiana Jones episode....but....I can't see it for a SW stand alone movie.

I'm all for the big three to play an important role in the ST...but after that...let's go forward.....

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    There is no need that I can think of.

4. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I could see Harrison Ford being in the "Han Solo" younger years spinoff, beginning with him reflecting on his earlier years and the movie is based in a "flashback" somewhat like The Hobbit is.