main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Will the real wookiee please stand up?

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    http://www.imdb.com/

Today they are highlighting Peter Mayhew on the main page, very nice to see him there.

His link at the site is here as well:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0562679/

Congrats to the Wook for making the front page!

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Awesome! I am so happy I finally got to meet him and his wife! What a sweet couple! :)

- Kai

3. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Yes, Peter is very nice and really enjoys the fans. :)

4. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I got to meet him, and Jeremy Bulloch down in Pasadena a few years ago.

5. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I seem to recall something about Master K sharing a drink or twelve with him and talking coherently in Wookieese.

That takes a lot of study or a lot of mind altering liquids.

And I had a humiliating moment many years ago with Jeremy Bulloch. Back when Mrs. Sid and I were really scraping the barrel to go to cons we got free crash space in a friend's hotel room. We had this ugly foam mattress we used to sleep on, thing was tattered, discolored, and just a mess. I was lugging the bulky rolled up thing back to the car and was on the the elevator when Jeremy stepped on. I studiously watched the numbers as he smiled at me, then looked pointedly at the mattress.

I had no words, just wanted to hide. Sadly the only thing to hide behind was the mattress, which made things WORSE. I rode in silence while he cleared his throat and grinned.

Never said a word to him, never seen him that close since. I'm terrified he will remember me, "Oh, yeah, I remember you, you're were the one with the mattress!"

*cringes*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.